• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Colour of socks to wear with black shoes and boots with trousers

remixedcat    2,767

no socks socks are de debil just like range extenders, glitter, and pop

The1990game    0

Stand out from the crowd as an individual .........No Sox !

I think no socks won't look good.

+Jimmy1    10,387

FFS!     wearing WHITE socks with dress trousers is one of the most obvious style crimes, and it just shows you don't understand style at all (not fashion, which i don't gave a damn about, but style!)

black shoes = black socks!     socks match the shoes, and the belt.

if you think you are a fun stylish person try socks with crazy designs with lots of colors, while the rest of your clothing is a single color. that is original and accepted as brave.

never white though.   white socks are for sports, or wearing white shoes ONLY!    unless you are wearing white casual shows, you should avoid white for even casual wear!  it look bad, just like wearing socks with sandals does.  

+Fahim S.    1,086

Same colour as your trousers.  Makes you look taller.

+Jimmy1    10,387

Same colour as your trousers.  Makes you look taller.

sir, i stand corrected.    i don't know what i was thinking...   yes.   match the socks to trousers, and not shoes. :yes:   

i still stand by the rest of my advice :p  no white socks unless you are playing sports. or wearing white trousers.

The1990game    0

FFS!     wearing WHITE socks with dress trousers is one of the most obvious style crimes, and it just shows you don't understand style at all (not fashion, which i don't gave a damn about, but style!)

black shoes = black socks!     socks match the shoes, and the belt.

if you think you are a fun stylish person try socks with crazy designs with lots of colors, while the rest of your clothing is a single color. that is original and accepted as brave.

never white though.   white socks are for sports, or wearing white shoes ONLY!    unless you are wearing white casual shows, you should avoid white for even casual wear!  it look bad, just like wearing socks with sandals does.  

Well I have seen plenty of schoolgirls and businesswomen wearing smart black leather shoes and boots with white socks with trousers with some even wearing long thick white sport socks.

DConnell    6,580

It isn't that I don't understand style. I just don't care. :laugh:

I'll wear what's comfortable and adjust to the dress requirements of where I am. But style and/or fashion? Not important to me.

Edited by DConnell
  • Like 1

+Jimmy1    10,387

It isn't that I don't understand style. I just don't care. :laugh:

I'll wear what's comfortable and adjust to the dress requirements of where I am. But style and/or fashion? Not important to me.

yeah, people who care about style don't usually collect godzillas and transformers :p    so i knew that about you already :D    no worries, whatever works for you.

• Like 1

DConnell    6,580

yeah, people who care about style don't usually collect godzillas and transformers :p    so i knew that about you already :D    no worries, whatever works for you.

Of course, the fact that I'm colorblind also plays a big part, My wardrobe tends to be very . . . unimaginative. I stick to dark colors and khakis, because I can't mess those up too much. Less chance of stuff not going together when you're working with a limited palette.