Raspberry Pi 2 SD Card: Whats the difference?!

I've had trouble with Trancend's "Class 10" Micro SD  card performance in the past with my previous Raspberry Pi's. If you start getting random slow downs, that'll be the reason. In my experience it was fine for reads but could be terrible for writes in a Pi.

With any luck they're not peddling that model any more.

I've had trouble with Trancend's "Class 10" Micro SD  card performance in the past with my previous Raspberry Pi's. If you start getting random slow downs, that'll be the reason. In my experience it was fine for reads but could be terrible for writes in a Pi.

With any luck they're not peddling that model any more.

Well, it isn't going to be used for anything but movies, tvshows, and that's about it. I was originally thinking of setting up a Torrent client to run on it, however I want to reserve 100% of the processor/memory to the media serving capabilities.

Now, it'll be fun to play with it. I have a backup 4GB MSD card I can use, however I know it's suggested to use 8GB.

You might be fine with it - just relaying my experience of buying 4 of them (16GB version) cheaply from Amazon to find that I couldn't really use them. Typically 8GB versions or higher is recommended due to the typically increased write performance versus 4GB models.

You might be fine with it - just relaying my experience of buying 4 of them (16GB version) cheaply from Amazon to find that I couldn't really use them. Typically 8GB versions or higher is recommended due to the typically increased write performance versus 4GB models.

Well, I'm buying this with a budget in mind, I've already passed it by a few bucks, so I'm not too upset. I wanted to spend less than $75 on this project, so far I've spent about $80.

HDMI Cable + 16GB MicroSD + Pi 2 B = $80 so far. It's all good though, if it gets my family to shut up.

They're great bits of kit. Also, if you want a new project to play with just eject your current microSD card and put another in to use it temporarily for something completely different.

They're great bits of kit. Also, if you want a new project to play with just eject your current microSD card and put another in to use it temporarily for something completely different.

That MicroSD I got worked perfectly.