Relay A New Fast, Modern, Streamlined IRC Client

simonlang

Relay is a new IRC client designed for Elementary OS that aims to be small, fast, and elegant. It’s written in Vala and also works in Ubuntu and other Linux.

Screenshots:

Relay IRC start window

Relay IRC client in Elementary OS Freya

Relay IRC client in Unity

Install Relay IRC client from PPA:

The developer has created a PPA repository for the project. So far, Ubuntu 15.10, Ubuntu 15.04, Elementary OS Freya are supported.

NOTE: Ubuntu 14.04 needs updated version of libgranite (>= 0.3.0) and GTK+3.0 (>= 3.14). You can get them from Gnome Testing PPA and Elementary Stable PPA. But using the PPAs could break your system or make it unstable! Do it at your own risk!

1. To add the PPA, open terminal from the Dash, Launcher, or via Ctrl+Alt+T shortcut keys. When it opens, run command:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:agronick/relay

2. After added the PPA, install the software via Synaptic Package Manager. Or just run below commands one by one in terminal:

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get install relay

For those who don’t want to add PPA, grab the .deb package from the launchpad page.

source

simplezz

I think I just found my XChat replacement. Thanks.

Thomas the Tank Engine

Won't install on Linux Mint 17.2, there are packages that it needs that aren't able to be installed.

Seahorsepip

images are broken :p

• Like 1
simonlang

images are broken :p

yeh. kinda annoying and i can't even edit my post anymore.

relay.png

Seahorsepip

yeh. kinda annoying and i can't even edit my post anymore.

Not being able to edit posts is so frustrating, glad that I'm able to edit all my posts whenever I want :D

Anyway I suggest to use tiny.cc, snurl.com or other url shorteners(that directly link to the target url) with an account. Because these allow you to edit a shortened url it's target url when the image link is broken.

Below is your image linked trough tiny.cc as example:

b4x53x

This is by the way a security break in ips board if you look at it in a certain way since we can add a malicious image and make the redirect url check if the user is vulnerable or not to prevent showing a malicious image to a user that has a anti virus that detects it, this way your image stays way longer online with more victims before it's detected :p

But anything external is a security issue, the target of any url link in a post can suddenly redirect to a website with a virus :/

For your current broken images, sent a moderator a message with your new post content and a url to the post to have it changed.

Edited by Seahorsepip