hehe, good ol Cyrix...

well, my mom has a cyrix-II 300 and she wanted WinXP... i warned her it wouldn't be worth it, as it will be slow, but she insisted I try it. well, I got her some more ram (since it's cheap and all).. so, it's loaded up with 256mb (motherboard supports upto 128 each, and only has 2 slots). Well, after "tweaking".. surprisingly it's actually pretty fast. Much faster then when I had put Windows 2000 on it. The only noticable and annoying slow down is the log-on screen, but other then thatit runs as smooth as it does on a "real" proccessor.

So... HAH to those of you who say XP is slow

I just installed WinXP RC1 onto my Pentium MMX 200 @ 225 with 256mb ram.

I runs a tad slower than W2K with SP2 did for me, but no complaints cos it all runs pretty good for me..

I know... and there are people on this board who "claim" that you need 512RAM to get it to run properly... LMAO!!! NE slow down is due to CRAP drivers in XP and when you upgrade them XP runs LOVELY!

-mortensenj

I have to disagree, winxp's gui takes up more ram than 2k athough I would rather keep XP for the compatibility with games. Although I agree that both these OS's can be run on "slow" machines 64MB RAM and up.