Xbox One 'New Experience' Update

You can opt out in the Xbox Preview Program app

Oh I'd like to stay on.  

the trick to get Cortana was patched up in the most recent build

the factory restore wipes the partition and rolls the Xbox One back to it's original OS

I thought the restores to the default settings but I didn't know x1 has old OS in. I thought once you upgrade to the preview, you can't go back to old OS...

So thanks for the info, guys.  I try to remember that if I decide to roll back.  I have same problem as Xendrome.  

I find it strange even though we all have the same console some people like myself have no real problems with the new dash (other than mkvs skipping at startup) and for others the dash is a problem.

I find it strange even though we all have the same console some people like myself have no real problems with the new dash (other than mkvs skipping at startup) and for others the dash is a problem.

What I saw on a friend's console was a nightmare. 0x800 errors popping up everywhere, spelling in weird symbols, downloads randomly stopping, programs freezing requiring a hard reboot, etc. I couldn't believe MS would put out such a buggy version, even if it's a tech preview. That's definitely not cool on an entertainment device people use all the time and the only option to roll back is to opt out, especially with Halo 5 coming out in a week. I wonder if there's a wave of people opting out then.

What I saw on a friend's console was a nightmare. 0x800 errors popping up everywhere, spelling in weird symbols, downloads randomly stopping, programs freezing requiring a hard reboot, etc. I couldn't believe MS would put out such a buggy version, even if it's a tech preview. That's definitely not cool on an entertainment device people use all the time and the only option to roll back is to opt out, especially with Halo 5 coming out in a week. I wonder if there's a wave of people opting out then.

The weird symbols is and have been a part of the early previews since the start. it's like weird leet speak for insiders. 

Yeah same here. I've not had a single problem with it (yet).

Mine's mostly fine (and I think there was an update since my initial issues) but when it does have issues it's pretty annoying.  Seems to be app/game specific.

I just don't feel like I've actually gained anything dealing with it.

Spelling in weird symbols is normal and intentional, there is a term for it but can't remember.

I guess people get bad installs just like desktop PCs do.

this is what I was looking for regarding the dodgy looking text.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pseudolocalization

Pseudolocalization (or pseudo-localization) is a software testing method used for testing internationalization aspects of software. Instead of translating the text of the software into a foreign language, as in the process of localization, the textual elements of an application are replaced with an altered version of the original language.

Example:

Account Settings [!!! Àççôûñţ Šéţţîñĝš !!!][1]

• Like 1

• DrunknMunky pinned this topic

As you said yourself, it is in preview...

Like others have said, there seems to be different results for everyone.  My Halo 4 save got corrupted (was almost done with the game on legendary mode.) so I kinda don't even want to bother with it now.  NBA2K16 crashes at least 3x before eventually just working.  I had a weird experience where games in the store at times would not show the pricing/cost of the game.  Browsing the dash, tab to tab, icon to icon, is super fast for me.  Also odd is Kinect, if I hard boot the console, Kinect is super responsive and accurate, but as the days go by, it seems Kinects functions and accuracy degrade over time.

• Like 1

Just got a message today, well, this morning or last night, don't remember exactly when, long story short, they're going to be moving ALL PREVIEW members to the new NX, so if you still don't want it till it goes final you'll have to actually opt-out of the insider program it sounds like.  I'm guessing this means they're pushing out a near final RC of it to everyone for wide spread testing before the last push to GA.

• Like 1

TV Tuner no longer randomly shuts down the xbox (like a power off w/o error message). 

Yep, i've noticed that. It was a right pain in the arse!

MKV streaming off a wireless network drive still often unplayable for me(depends on the movie), my work around is to fast forward it 30 seconds and it settles down again, fix that for me and i don't think i have any issues with this new dash.

I have had the new OS for about 2 weeks or so and I am finally going to Opt Out. It keeps getting worse with each update.
I do not have many problems but the problems I do have are all related to Live TV.
Since this is how my entire family watches TV, not just myself, it has become a real issue.
Yesterday for some reason it took 3 restarts for the video of the cable box to finally show. Audio was playing no problem, just no picture.
Luckily I install all of my games on an external, so doing a factory restore should not be a huge deal.
I also much prefer the older OS to this new one, but there is nothing I can do about that as this is the new OS moving forward.

• Like 1