Distribution Options

Hi,

I love the idea of Ubuntu Mate, as in the clean, fast simple setup. At the same time I am loving the effects of Plasma 5 in KDE. 

Is there any distro that sort of does both? I have been trying Kubuntu 15.04 but have been having more issues, and complaints then I would like.

Wow, I am surprised that is added in by default. I have found most distros have 100% gone away from effects, along with most people.

I didn't know Compiz had that grab window, make it transparent feature, guess I never looked hard enough.

One last thing I might as well try asking in this topic.

Can the Arc theme be installed on Ubuntu Mate? http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2015/06/arc-gtk-theme Yes it says GTK3, 2 Gnome Shell, but I am never sure what distro is using what lol

should work according to the website it says

Arc is a flat theme with transparent elements for GTK 3, GTK 2 and Gnome-Shell. It supports GTK 3 and GTK 2 based desktop environments like Gnome, Unity, Budgie, Pantheon, XFCE, Mate, etc.
  • Like 1

Yes I got the theme to work. Though it did not appear as nice as it looks in other types of distros/environments.

I also had a bunch of other issues and ended up trying other options. But the theme can be installed easily.

Yes I got the theme to work. Though it did not appear as nice as it looks in other types of distros/environments.

I also had a bunch of other issues and ended up trying other options. But the theme can be installed easily.

Thanks, I may give it a go. I do like the theme, but I am very fond of Ubuntu MATE, so a combination would be good. I guess though it really looks best on KDE5.