Navigation Bar Settings Windows 10 Mobile

Ok I feel weird even asking this but does anyone know where the navigation bar settings are located in 10.0.10549.4 ?

The navigation bar is covering parts of apps and will hide at first but there is no way to hide it again after it pops up. Version 8.1 had a "V" next to the back button to hide the bar when needed.

• 1 month later...

I didn't try win10 yet, but on wp8.1gdr2 you can hide the navigation bar by swiping up from the bottom edge of the screen. So maybe the same thing apply for win10 (?)

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By Timi Cantisano
      Wileyfox Pro Windows 10 Mobile handset arriving on December 4
      by Timi Cantisano

We know that Microsoft isn't interested in making new hardware for its mobile Windows platform. But it looks like there are plenty of smaller manufacturers that are still in it for the long haul. Earlier last week, we saw an Indiegogo campaign for the Trekstor WinPhone 5.0 and now we are getting a listing for the Wileyfox Pro.

The Wileyfox Pro isn't new and has previously made a public appearance during IFA 2017 in August, but it was never made available for sale until now. It looks like the handset will be available for purchase starting next month and those interested can now currently pre-order it through Amazon. It isn't the most powerful handset you'll find out there offering a Qualcomm Snapdragon 210 processor, 2GB RAM, and 16GB internal storage. As for the camera, the unit offers an 8MP rear camera, 2MP front-facing camera, and a 2,100mAh battery.

Those interested can head over to Amazon and pre-order the unit for £189.99 or around $251. The handset will begin shipping on December 4.

Source: Amazon via AAWP

• By boydo
      VMware releases Horizon beta client for Windows 10 Mobile, Continuum compatible
      by Boyd Chan

Over the last year, Microsoft has attempted to promote Continuum as a key differentiator between Windows 10 Mobile and Windows Phone 8. While Continuum attempts to produce a desktop-like environment powered by a smartphone, it has lacked the ability to run x86 apps natively.

Earlier this year, HP unveiled its Elite X3 along with its own Desk Dock accessory while also providing a glimpse of its HP Workspace UWP app, which allows users to access full blown Windows applications enabled by Amazon AWS. While there has been interest from enterprise customers in this solution, HP can now expect some healthy competition in this segment.

VMware, now under the control of Dell after its acquisition of EMC last year, has released its Horizon Client beta into the Windows Store. Aimed at customers utilizing VMware Horizon 7 or later, the UWP app enables users to access virtual desktops and hosted applications from Windows 10 Mobile devices in addition to Windows 10 PCs and tablets. Support for Continuum has already been baked in, allowing mobile users to get a "complete workspace experience without compromise."

While HP Workspace has supported Continuum from the outset, it has also been a mandatory requirement, with the app refusing to launch beyond the first screen while the handset is undocked. In contrast, VMware's client works both in and out of a dock, affording users the ability to make suboptimal, but potentially necessary, use of their desktop apps on the go.

Whether or not VMware's solution proves to be more appealing, given its wider device availability, remains to be seen. However, the odds could well be against HP and its solution, given the widespread adoption of VMware's virtualization technology in the enterprise.

The beta of the VMware Horizon Client can be downloaded here for free.

Source: The Register

• By JohnDevon
      Steve Ballmer continues his critique of Microsoft's mobile efforts in a new interview
      by John Devon

As Microsoft’s largest individual shareholder, former CEO Steve Ballmer has been vocal about what he feels Microsoft needs to do in order to raise its mobile profile. For example, a few weeks ago, Ballmer asserted that the Universal Windows Platform won’t fill the app gap, citing Android apps running on Windows Mobile as the best path forward. However, Project Astoria, which would have enabled Android apps on Windows, has been put on ice.

In a new interview with Business Insider, the former CEO applied even more public pressure to Satya Nadella, urging him to provide a clearer direction for Microsoft's mobile efforts:

Ballmer, of course, was the leader responsible for the tech giant’s perennial weakness in mobile. In the interview, he appears to suggest that the correct strategy course was set when he decided to acquire Nokia’s hardware division, but that Nadella has “certainly changed that.” It’s unclear, but Ballmer was perhaps referring to Microsoft’s retrenchment last year from the handset business to stem losses.

Steve Ballmer may also be applying private pressure to the current CEO, revealing that he meets with Satya Nadella “four or five times a year—either to brainstorm something or just as a shareholder, we'll sit down and chat. That's always quite helpful for me and hopefully him in terms of thinking things through.”

The former chief executive, however, had nice things to say about other Microsoft businesses, albeit taking credit for his contributions to a resurgent Microsoft, the topic of a recent Neowin editorial.

In addition to managing his large shareholder stake in Microsoft, Ballmer discussed his sizable investment in another company, Twitter. He believes in the power of Twitter’s pervasiveness, while expressing confidence in CEO Jack Dorsey’s potential to improve the company’s core product. “I see a lot of upside of the power of very important service with a very good brand,” Ballmer said.

On the non-business side of his expanding interests, Ballmer also spoke about joining his wife Connie’s philanthropic efforts, focusing on “intergenerational poverty” and “child welfare.” She has spent a lot time over the years on this initiative, he said, and hopes to soon formulate how exactly they would further make a “real contribution.”

Source: Business Insider

• By LimeMaster
      This article posted a few hours ago reminded me of some site issues I encountered while using Edge on Windows Mobile 10. I'll list them in bullet points for convenience sake:

Unlike the big screen version, notifications and PMs require you to open a pop out menu. Change it so these are always visible & accessible from the right hand side when browsing the forum. Clicking links on the forum can weirdly cause the page to reload multiple times, causing an infinite refresh loop.   Pressing the return key once on the virtual keyboard in the post editor creates multiple new lines, then causes the page to reload. Spoiler button is missing on the editor. Some threads lockup the browser & can sometimes even crash the phone.   

• By Cage Ata
      Hey Everyone! I'm currently working on a start screen concept but thought I would throw up the first draft of a slightly improved start screen. I have been constantly refining my ideas using the feedback app and Windows Insiders & will continue to do so. In reality, there is plenty more I would like to add such as interactive tiles etc but I don't think its possible for Microsoft to implement this feature at this development stage. Instead I am focusing on ideas and functionality that is still feasible! Such as the unification of PC to Mobile You can follow my progress on Behance ! https://www.behance.net/wip/1339567 

- Tile Groups. Just like in Windows 10 PC!
      - Centered Tile Headings
      - Large tiles & Portrait Tiles
      - The return of the 8.1 People App Live Tile
      - Transparent Action Center
      - Horizontal Action Bar
      - Interchangeable widgets in Action Center ( Cortana, Brightness Slider)
      - Microsoft Edge background downloads
      - Email to reminder
      I am also working on new Music Controls, Lock Screen, App List and much more!

Hope you like it so far! Don't forget to vote https://windowsphone.uservoice.com/forums/101801-feature-suggestions/suggestions/9461439-please-add-the-functionality-of-the-windows-10-des