[UK] Wall plate with HDMI and power

Jonny Wright

I'm helping a mate with his new home theatre setup at his new pad and I am looking for a dual gang faceplate incorporating both power (either UK 3-pin or "kettle lead") and HDMI (ethernet and USB would be a nice addition too). 

I have managed to find a few but not as many as I thought I would and all I have found are not quite appropriate or too expensive. I'll show you what I've found so far;

3-pin mains and HDMI

Centurion-HDMI-socket_MED.jpg

This is by far the most like what I'm after, however I'm sure most will agree its not the nicest looking - almost looks like an early prototype (I guess it kind of is, I think it was custom made for a customer) and is also quite a lot more than we had hoped to pay. Having said that it is pretty much exactly what were after.

readpicture.asp?filename=NX-CWP-236_smal

Does anyone have / know of an alternative which may be suitable?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By zikalify
      Nokia becomes BT's largest infrastructure partner
      by Paul Hill

Nokia has announced that it has signed a deal with BT to become the latter’s largest infrastructure partner. The new deal focuses on 5G technologies and will see Nokia provide equipment and services at BT radio sites across the UK allowing customers to experience high network speeds.

According to the Finnish firm, BT already uses Nokia equipment in its network in Greater London, areas of the Midlands, and rural locations. Under the new deal, Nokia equipment will be used in Aberdeen, Bournemouth, Brighton, Cambridge, Carlisle, Cheltenham-Gloucester, Chesterfield, Dundee, Exeter, Grimsby, Hull, Ipswich, Lincoln, Newbury, Northampton, Norwich, Peterborough, Plymouth, Southampton, Stoke-on-Trent, Swindon, Torbay, and York.

Commenting on the deal, Philip Jansen, CEO, BT Group, said:

Earlier this year, the UK government announced that Huawei equipment should be removed from the country’s 5G networks. With this deal, BT will move towards complying with the ban. In July, BT claimed that it would be impossible to remove Huawei equipment from UK networks before 2030 but today’s deal brings that closer to reality.

With regards to the UK's 5G networks more broadly, Lord Ian Livingston was recently selected to head the Telecoms Diversification Task Force which will help the government make telecoms networks more diverse in terms of the number of businesses competing in the market.

• By Ather Fawaz
      UK launches four nanosatellites to space, two have a supercomputer onboard
      by Ather Fawaz

Image via Spire UK Four nanosatellites developed under the European Space Agency (ESA) Pioneer program have been launched into space today. Built in Glasgow by Spire Global UK, these satellites are about the size of a shoebox and are among the smartest satellites ever built in the United Kingdom. Although their primary purpose is to monitor shipping movements, "they can do almost everything a conventional satellite does," wrote the UK Space Agency.

Out of the four nanosatellites, two have a supercomputer onboard that will use machine-learning algorithms to predict the locations of ships and subsequently track arrival time at ports. This will help port authorities manage docks effectively. The other two will forge inter-satellite relays that will be used to send data to one another and down to ground stations. This will cut the time between data collection and its delivery. Science Minister Amanda Solloway said: 

The idea of nanosatellites has been around for a while. However, in recent years, due to improvements in optics and remote sensing, the market for such satellites has grown considerably. Among other advantages, nanosatellites allow us to observe the Earth’s environment intricately and regularly. The UK government believes that the launch of these four nanosatellites will create new opportunities in the satellite communications market. In addition, the £10 million backing this project will help bolster the country's role as a leader in space innovation.

• By zikalify
      Uber granted London operation license in court appeal
      by Paul Hill

Two weeks ago, we reported that Uber would find out on September 28 whether or not it would be given an operating license to continue offering its service in London. According to BBC News, a judge at the Westminster Magistrates’ Court has decided that Uber is now ‘fit and proper’ despite its "failings" in the past and has awarded it the operating license.

Uber first lost its operating license in 2017 when Transport for London (TfL) declined to issue a new license over safety concerns. A judge issued the license on probation and Uber implemented more safety checks to try and address TfL’s concerns. Last year, TfL again refused to give the ride-hailing firm a new license because it said that the improvements had not gone far enough.

With the license having been granted to Uber, drivers that use the platform can stop worrying about their livelihood going forward. BBC News estimates the number of drivers in the capital city to be around 45,000.

While London does have excellent public transport links including trains, the underground, buses, bicycles, and black cabs, Uber vehicles offer commuters a convenient way to get around late at night or to areas that are a little far from bus stops or train stations. With politicians trying to clamp down on private vehicles in London, having Uber operating in the area could make it easier for people to forego cars.

Source: BBC News

• By zikalify
      Ex-BT boss will help diversify U.K. telecoms supply chain
      by Paul Hill

The government has announced that ex-BT CEO and former trade minister Lord Ian Livingston will lead a new task force that’s working to diversify the U.K.’s telecoms supply chain to reduce reliance on just a handful of firms. It comes after the U.K. banned Huawei from its 5G networks but had only a few companies it could turn to due to a lack of diversity.

With Huawei ploughing lots of money into research and development over the last decade and gaining a major lead in 5G, U.K. telecoms had a limited choice of alternative providers to choose from when Huawei was banned from networks. To address this, the government called for more competition in the sector.

The Telecoms Diversification Task Force, which includes senior figures from Vodafone UK and Openreach, will provide the government with independent expert advice as it works to make the network more diverse.

Commenting on his selection as head of the task force, Lord Livingston, said:

Network providers like Vodafone suggested that the removal of Huawei from the U.K.’s 5G networks would push up prices as alternative suppliers are more expensive. With more competition, however, prices could become more reasonable which will mean customers won’t be burdened with increased phone bills.

• By zikalify
      Uber: London operating license decision due on September 28
      by Paul Hill

Uber will find on September 28 whether or not it has been given an operating license in London. The operating license issue between the ride-hailing firm and Transport for London (TfL) has been going on for several years now. In November last year, TfL refused to give the firm a new operating license because it believed the firm was neither fit nor proper.

The battle between the two started back in 2017 when TfL denied Uber a license before a judge restored it on probation. TfL’s main issue with Uber is that it doesn’t believe the service is safe. In response, Uber implemented more safety checks but TfL was still able to find issues.

Drivers that make their living with Uber do not have to worry about the upcoming decision too much; if the judge gives the license back to the firm then life for drivers will go on as normal. If the judge refuses to issue a new license then drivers can continue doing their job while Uber appeals the decision which could drag things on for months or even years.

Ultimately, if Uber is forced out of London it shouldn’t hurt commuters too much because the capital is very well connected with trains, the underground, buses, bicycles, and black cabs.

Source: Reuters