+Audioboxer
  • Like 4
soniqstylz

2016 set to be a big year!

dipsylalapo

I only own an Xbox at the moment but like to keep an eye on what's going on with Sony. This game has me excited and seems that I should aim to buy a PS4 before 2016!

domboy

I only own an Xbox at the moment but like to keep an eye on what's going on with Sony. This game has me excited and seems that I should aim to buy a PS4 before 2016!

If you're going to get a playstation just to play No Man's Sky why not get the PC version when it's released (unless you don't have a PC either)?? That's my plan. I've heard in the past it was supposed to be a timed exclusive for PS4, but now I've seen it stated the release date will be the same.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/no-mans-sky-release-window-announced/1100-6431758/

• Like 1
President Devil

If you're going to get a playstation just to play No Man's Sky why not get the PC version when it's released (unless you don't have a PC either)?? That's my plan. I've heard in the past it was supposed to be a timed exclusive for PS4, but now I've seen it stated the release date will be the same.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/no-mans-sky-release-window-announced/1100-6431758/

Same here, PC version for me. But to be frank, it's still not clear to me whether or not this game will end up being boring after a few hours.

dipsylalapo

Pretty much it :p Both my personal and work laptop aren't exactly top spec. I've been contemplating for a while now and the release of this game convinces me.

domboy

Pretty much it :p Both my personal and work laptop aren't exactly top spec. I've been contemplating for a while now and the release of this game convinces me.

Guess that answers that! :) Though I honestly hope the system requirements aren't too high, as my PC isn't exactly a monster machine either...

Same here, PC version for me. But to be frank, it's still not clear to me whether or not this game will end up being boring after a few hours.

An excellent point. The concept and execution of the game sound really cool, but it'll be very interesting to find out what playing it actually ends up being like.

• Like 1
spacer

So...what do you do in this game?

• Like 1
+Asmodai

I have no doubt that some people will find this game boring.  There isn't a strong narrative in the game so if you need a compelling story to have fun in a game it's probably not for you.  On the other hand if you enjoy running around in Minecraft or playing around in the GTA/Fallout/Elder Scrolls world besides running the story missions then there's a good chance you'll like this game.  I know I personally love open world games and I'm really looking forward to this one but I also know that many people don't like to be just given a world/galaxy to play with and told to do their own thing.  Not every game is going to please everyone.

+Asmodai

So...what do you do in this game?

Explore, fight, trade.  There isn't a specific way to play the game.  Some crazy people might just spend their entire time playing it exploring their starting planet (unlikely, but possible).  In theory you're supposed to work your way to the center of the galaxy but that goal is along the same lines as in theory you're supposed to try to get to the end and defeat the dragon in Minecraft... many will play the game and never even try to get to the center of the galaxy.

Exploration is the main focus as you'll be discovering planets, flora, and fauna that no other person has ever seen before (not even the developers).  In order to explore farther you have to earn credits to upgrade your ship and gear though.  Your ship has a limited jump range at the start, your suit limits what environments you can survive on outside the ship, your weapon limits your mining, combat ability.  You can earn credits by harvesting resources, trading, fighting, logging new creatures, places. etc.  Again there is no specific way to play.  You can play as a pacifist explorer, you could be a pirate, you could be a merchant, etc. etc.

+Audioboxer

65daysofstatic do the soundtrack, enough of a reason to purchase from me :p

soniqstylz

65daysofstatic do the soundtrack, enough of a reason to purchase from me :p

are they related to Five Seconds of Summer?

• 2 weeks later...
-T-

This is coming to Xbox also, right?

+Audioboxer

It's ended up a PS4 console exclusive.

Hedon

The dev, being an indie, wanted to focus on getting it out for the PS4 and PC for now. Microsoft has stated that if the dev gets it running for Xbox One they would love to have it on their platform too (not just on their Windows platform). Now there is question (rumor) that it will make it on the PS4.

-T-

I guess I have a reason to keep my ps4 then. Hopefully the slot loading drive on this replacement lasts longer than 2 months like the first ps4 I got 

• 4 months later...
Jim K

Looks interesting.  First one to explore all 18,446,744,073,709,551,616 planets wins!

Hedon

Excited to get this game for Microsoft Windows. My Area 51 PC should run it very nicely.

+Audioboxer

Cmon, VR support VR support VR support!

• Like 1
soniqstylz
On 11/16/2015 at 11:11 AM, Kvally said:

The dev, being an indie, wanted to focus on getting it out for the PS4 and PC for now. Microsoft has stated that if the dev gets it running for Xbox One they would love to have it on their platform too (not just on their Windows platform). Now there is question (rumor) that it will make it on the PS4.

Huh?

• 2 weeks later...
Dashel

I think I need VR and some acid for this one.  Its gonna be a busy summer.

• 4 weeks later...
wakjak

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/games/no-mans-sky-ps4/

“As we approached our final deadlines, we realized that some key moments needed extra polish to bring them up to our standards,” director Sean Murray wrote on the PlayStation Blog this evening. “I have had to make the tough choice to delay the game for a few weeks to allow us to deliver something special.”

http://kotaku.com/its-official-no-mans-sky-delayed-to-august-1779236658

7 week delay sucks man

MightyJordan

Seeing some of the reactions to the rumour earlier, I think I'll keep my distance from this game until it comes out...

screenshot-kotaku.com 2016-05-28 01-21-53.png

Seriously, death threats for reporting a game being delayed? Those twisted ######ers need to be sorted out.

+trag3dy

Rumors out there that the game is/was delayed.

wakjak
6 minutes ago, trag3dy said:

Rumors out there that the game is/was delayed.

It's no longer rumor.

August 9th official now.