dipsylalapo
6 minutes ago, LostCat said:

Actually I liked the game more than Elite: Dangerous, and I put a lot of time into that as well.

After a while the crafting tasks got a little overkill for me, but I still enjoy messing around in it.

Elite is probably more hard core right? I think No Man's Sky was easier to get into and play. I'd consider getting it, but I just looked at the price. It's coming in at £40. Not sure I'd feel comfortable paying that :P

+LostCat
10 minutes ago, dipsylalapo said:

Elite is probably more hard core right? I think No Man's Sky was easier to get into and play. I'd consider getting it, but I just looked at the price. It's coming in at £40. Not sure I'd feel comfortable paying that ?

I'm fairly sure you'd get your moneys worth, although I might wait for sales also.

I'd say as of the last major update it's a fairly underrated game.  Interested to see what all is in this coming one.

dipsylalapo
2 minutes ago, LostCat said:

I'm fairly sure you'd get your moneys worth, although I might wait for sales also.

I'd say as of the last major update it's a fairly underrated game.  Interested to see what all is in this coming one.

IT's probably more representative of how much I'd play it more than anything else. I'd pay £40 and then it'd just sit under my TV. I'll wait for the sales and see what the reviews are like...it looks good though. 

Skiver

This game was always on my radar but it obviously got some pretty terrible reviews early on, I understand it's had a few updates to improve it a lot and the latest one seems to have been pretty positive, anyone playing this again?

I'm not sure £40 is worth the risk at the moment but part of me really wants to try this out.

AStalUK

It's currently £19.99 on Steam, I picked a copy up last night.  First impressions are it's easily I could whittle away a few hours in just exploring.

dipsylalapo
54 minutes ago, Skiver said:

This game was always on my radar but it obviously got some pretty terrible reviews early on, I understand it's had a few updates to improve it a lot and the latest one seems to have been pretty positive, anyone playing this again?

I'm not sure £40 is worth the risk at the moment but part of me really wants to try this out.

Pretty much the same feeling here. Reading online it's similar to The Division, where it wasn't great early on, but updates have worked wonders and it's now actually pretty good. I'll probably wait until the first sale and then pick it up then, even with the updates, I think £40 is too much (for Xbox)

+LostCat

I'll be playing it again.  The load times and draw distances were my only complaints with the last builds, and it sounds like they've both improved.

The improved graphics won't necessarily change my life but they looked pretty cool anyway.

I was pretty tired when I read the changelog so I don't even remember what else happened heh.

+LostCat

Ugh.  All the resources changed, so building stuff might be easier but figuring it all out again was a bit of a pain.

• 2 years later...
dipsylalapo

So there was a Tweet from Sean Murray (creator of No Man's Sky) about a new update dropping this week

Source

I know this topic is two years old, but I picked up No Man's Sky on Xbox and have been playing on my One S. Love it and put 30+ hours in a few weeks. 

Looking forward to the next update, which the internet is going crazy about, and checking out this game on my Series X

+LostCat
On 22/09/2020 at 04:41, dipsylalapo said:

I know this topic is two years old, but I picked up No Man's Sky on Xbox and have been playing on my One S. Love it and put 30+ hours in a few weeks. 

Looking forward to the next update, which the internet is going crazy about, and checking out this game on my Series X

It is fantastic.  Since I've played it on PC I'd rather keep playing it there until the Series X shows up...it performs smoothly most of the time on X1X but there are some really notable differences in specific situations that I'd rather not have to deal with.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Usama Jawad96
      Here's why FIFA 21 on PC will be inferior to PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S
      by Usama Jawad

FIFA 21 launched on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC early last month and is scheduled to land on the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S on December 4. The launch will come as a free update to owners of the game on latest consoles and will pack several new features not available on previous consoles and PC. Now, the publisher has revealed why "next-gen" features won't be making their way to PC platforms.

FIFA 21 on the latest game consoles includes features such as ball compression, a new camera angle, and muscle deformation. However, none of these will be making their way to the PC because EA wants to lower the barrier of entry in terms of specifications. In an interview with Eurogamer, Executive Producer Aaron McHardy had the following to say:

Looking at the statement, one has to wonder why EA couldn't figure out some workaround to keep the gen five features as optional on PC so people with powerful rigs could utilize them while gamers on lower-end PCs can simply switch them off for increased performance.

Given that the minimum requirements of the PC version are quite modest - requiring an Nvidia GTX 660 (2GB VRAM) or AMD Radeon HD 7850 (2GB VRAM), 8GB of RAM, and Intel Core i3-6100 or AMD Athlon X4 880K CPU - it definitely makes sense to not have "next-gen" capabilities on these machines. But ideally, there should have been an option to enable this for gamers on high-end machines.

Source: Eurogamer

• By Usman Khan Lodhi
      Fortnite receives in-game video chat thanks to Houseparty
      by Usman Khan Lodhi

Epic Games announced today that it is integrating Fortnite with Houseparty, letting players see their friends while they play the game together. Users will be required to install the Houseparty app on an iOS or Android device and connect their Houseparty account to their Epic Games account. Those doing so will receive the Rainbow Fog Wrap as a reward.

Initially, the feature will only be available to PC, PS4, and PS5 gamers. Using their phones, players will be able to connect to Houseparty, and the video chat will be shown in-game. Epic has detailed the process of bringing video chat into Fortnite:

The video chat will only display player faces and replace the background with a Fortnite-themed image. Epic has emphasized that the service is restricted to people aged 13 or more. In the parental settings menu, there is an option to turn off the feature. Epic didn't say whether the feature will be made available to other games.

• By Copernic
      Universal Media Server 9.8.2
      by Razvan Serea

Universal Media Server is a DLNA-compliant UPnP Media Server. UMS was started by SubJunk, an official developer of PMS, in order to ensure greater stability and file-compatibility. The program streams or transcodes many different media formats with little or no configuration. It is powered by MEncoder, FFmpeg, tsMuxeR, AviSynth, MediaInfo and more, which combine to offer support for a wide range of media formats. Because it is written in Java, Universal Media Server supports all major operating systems, with versions for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X.

To see a comparison of popular media servers, click here.

Universal Media Server 9.8.2 changelog:

General

Improved filename prettifying for XviD and x265 videos Improved support for WebP images Fixed memory leaks Fixed duration of resume files via DLNA Fixed incorrect resolution metadata if the renderer uses KeepAspectRatioTranscoding Fixed not removing old JRE folders on Windows install Updated links in documentation (thanks, xaitax!) Fixed date on zip logs filename (thanks, Midhun R Nair!) Save logs to desktop by default (thanks, dotslash21!) Renderers

Improved support for Blu-ray and DVD subtitles on VLC for desktop Improved detection of Microsoft Edge Updated logo for Microsoft Edge Translation updates via Crowdin

Chinese (Simplified) (100%) Chinese (Traditional) (100%) Dutch (92%) Italian (100%) Romanian (100%) Serbian (Cyrillic) (86%) Dependencies

Bump AdoptOpenJDK from 14.0.2 to 15.0.1+9 Bump assertj-core from 3.17.1 to 3.18.0 Bump commons-io from 2.7 to 2.8.0 Bump commons-lang3 from 3.7 to 3.9 Bump commons-text from 1.3 to 1.9 Bump git-commit-id-plugin from 4.0.2 to 4.0.3 Bump icu4j from 67.1 to 68.1 Bump junit5.version from 5.6.2 to 5.7.0 Bump junrar from 7.3.0 to 7.4.0 Bump maven-project-info-reports-plugin from 3.1.0 to 3.1.1 Bump metadata-extractor from 2.14.0 to 2.15.0 Bump oshi-core from 5.2.5 to 5.3.4 Bump spotbugs-maven-plugin from 4.0.4 to 4.1.4 Download: Universal Media Server 9.8.2 | 161.0 MB (Open Source)
      Download: Other operating systems
      View: Universal Media Server Website

Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware

• By Namerah S
      Psychological horror title The Medium delayed to next year
      by Namerah Saud Fatmi

Earlier this year, video game developer and publisher Bloober Team revealed The Medium during the May edition of Inside Xbox. Back when it was officially unveiled, it was also announced that the psychological horror title will feature the famed Silent Hill composer Akira Yamaoka.

Today the Polish video game-maker announced that its upcoming horror game has been delayed. The previously appointed launch window of Holiday 2020 has been pushed back to next year.

The reasons for the delay were stated to be difficulties caused by the ongoing novel coronavirus pandemic and apparent clashing with other game releases around the same holiday 2020 period, perhaps referring to Cyberpunk 2077's new release date. Bloober Team also stated that it will take the extra time to improve the game and ensure a more polished end product.

The Medium is scheduled to arrive on the Xbox Series X|S and PC via Steam and the Epic Store. It will also be a day one arrival to Xbox Game Pass. The newly announced release date for the psychological horror title is January 28, 2021.

• By Asher Madan
      You can earn these Destiny 2: Trials of Osiris rewards from November 6 to 10
      by Asher Madan

Every week, Destiny 2 hosts a Trials of Osiris event where teams of three compete for access to The Lighthouse. The Lighthouse promises Pinnacle rewards that boost you closer to the current Power Level cap.

The player vs. player competition also grants other items if you get three, five, or seven wins. However, you'll have to get seven wins in a row, without a loss, if you want to grab the Pinnacle gear from The Lighthouse. You can take a look at the Trials of Osiris rewards from November 6 to 10 below.

Three wins: Mark of the Exile legendary armor Five wins: The Summoner legendary auto rifle Seven wins: Gloves of the Exile legendary armor Flawless: Chest of the Exile legendary armor Trials of Osiris starts at 1 PM EDT on Friday and lasts until 1 PM EDT on Tuesday. You can use the Passage of Mercy from Saint-14 because it forgives one loss if you're aiming for Flawless. If you manage to get seven wins in a row, you'll have to manually select The Lighthouse location displayed in the Crucible menu to obtain the Pinnacle reward. This involves jumping across a few platforms and opening the chest where Saint-14 and Osiris are standing.