Xbox One Backward Compatibility List - It's here

That's the VM part with the OS he's talking about. Emulating the game is what we're discussing here and you seem to not understand it. The Xbox 360 OS running in that VM is already a modified and x64 recompiled version of the OS (Windows HyperV doesn't run PPC) and the game executables are x64 recompiled. People from The Coalition already confirmed it in a Eurogamer interview. That is NOT emulation, end of. Emulation is when you run the original software untouched and that isn't happening here because the Xbox One isn't powerful enough to do so. It's backwards compatibility, not true emulation, otherwise you'd be able to run your original discs without having to download the modified game.

Edited by President Devil

OMG. are you completely unable to read or understand ?

1. The xbox 360 games are UN-TOUCHED

2. The games come with the full 360 OS/VM

3. The 360 OS for the game, runs as a VM on the Xbox one, on an EMULATED 360 hardware layer.

But if you think you know better than Phil Spencer and the head of Xbox... keep thinking that. 

OMG. are you completely unable to read or understand ?

1. The xbox 360 games are UN-TOUCHED

2. The games come with the full 360 OS/VM

3. The 360 OS for the game, runs as a VM on the Xbox one, on an EMULATED 360 hardware layer.

But if you think you know better than Phil Spencer and the head of Xbox... keep thinking that. 

They are NOT untouched.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2015-the-making-of-gears-of-war-ultimate-edition

"Mike Rayner: It is essentially the exact same code. The Xbox team converts the 360 game and 360 flash PPC executables into native x64 executables, packages those up with the 360 game assets, 360 flash and emulator as a regular Xbox One game, and publishes it."

And with that the rest of your posts fall apart. That is not emulation, it's cheating the system because the Xbox One isn't powerful to truly emulate the Xbox 360.

Edit to add to this: I'm not knocking it, because it requires tremendous effort on MS' part to get these games running on the Xbox One and shows they truly have dedication for their ecosystem and its consumers.

They are NOT untouched.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2015-the-making-of-gears-of-war-ultimate-edition

"Mike Rayner: It is essentially the exact same code. The Xbox team converts the 360 game and 360 flash PPC executables into native x64 executables, packages those up with the 360 game assets, 360 flash and emulator as a regular Xbox One game, and publishes it."

And with that the rest of your posts fall apart. That is not emulation, it's cheating the system because the Xbox One isn't powerful to truly emulate the Xbox 360.

OMG... I my hands, they are not big enough for my facepalm...

That guy firstly has nothign to do with the xbox one backward compatibility he works for the studio who made the original games, and is just giving a general here's how it works. and in a way due to how the meulation works he's right. but he's also wrong. but for a layman he's right. The game runs on a native executable. this executable just happens to pretend to be the game, while it launches a virtual machine that runs the actual original executable.

use your brains, does the guy who has NOTHING to do with making games backwards compatible know what they're doing, or does the guy who actually makes the BC code know more... the answer is kind of obvious...

OMG... I my hands, they are not big enough for my facepalm...

That guy firstly has nothign to do with the xbox one backward compatibility he works for the studio who made the original games, and is just giving a general here's how it works. and in a way due to how the meulation works he's right. but he's also wrong. but for a layman he's right. The game runs on a native executable. this executable just happens to pretend to be the game, while it launches a virtual machine that runs the actual original executable.

use your brains, does the guy who has NOTHING to do with making games backwards compatible know what they're doing, or does the guy who actually makes the BC code know more... the answer is kind of obvious...

He's a developer (a technical director no less) who makes the games himself and I'll trust his word over that of a CEO who is doing business rather than make games or other software run on his system.

The one who should be using his brains should probably be you. That's not how a VM works and Phil Spencer isn't the one who makes the backwards compatibility either, so I'll leave it at that.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/revealed-how-xbox-one-can-play-360-games-via-backw/1100-6428366/

Phil Spencer, the head of Xbox

Asked about whether Microsoft would require permission from game publishers to adjust game code, Spencer clarified it would not be interfering with code.

"The bits are not touched," he said. "There's some caveats, and as always I like to be as transparent as I can be on this: Kinect games won't work from the 360, because translating between the Kinect sensors is almost impossible."

Agree to disagree, guys.

No!  (Sorry, couldn't help myself. :) )

Hopefully the next list will be a bit more impressive.

I was hoping for Crackdown, but they said titles with a lot of licensed music can be troublesome.