iPad and streaming video in a car

This is going to be an issue with your cellular/hotspot provider, unless the car is interfering with the cellular band. Does it happen in any car or one specific vehicle.

It seems to be any car.

I am doing this by using a app called Air Video HD and streaming a 4 to 11 GB movie or tv show from my PC to my iPad.

It seems to be any car.

I am doing this by using a app called Air Video HD and streaming a 4 to 11 GB movie or tv show from my PC to my iPad.

Does it happen with any other app? Netflix or Youtube perhaps?

My thought would be to use smaller/lower resolution video files. They'd require less bandwidth, and you'd get less buffering and pauses. My guess is that's your problem - your network link can't keep up with the video playback.

So you're attempting to stream HD quality (probably high bit rate) in a moving vehicle? Seems pretty obvious that you would have buffering. What carrier do you have?

Just put it locally on the device. Another option is to get an Android device with SD expansion.

Does it happen with any other app? Netflix or Youtube perhaps?

My thought would be to use smaller/lower resolution video files. They'd require less bandwidth, and you'd get less buffering and pauses. My guess is that's your problem - your network link can't keep up with the video playback.

I have no problem with Youtube so far and those videos are at 1080p.

The bandwidth settings on the app, Air Video HD, is set at 512 Kbps when on mobile data.

So you're attempting to stream HD quality (probably high bit rate) in a moving vehicle? Seems pretty obvious that you would have buffering. What carrier do you have?

Just put it locally on the device. Another option is to get an Android device with SD expansion.

Yeah I figured that but thought just maybe wireless could maybe keep up! AT&T would Verizon do better ?