Does Microsoft Office Starter work in Windows 10 after upgrade from Windows 7?

Question

I have a Windows 7 PC that came installed with Office 2010 Starter edition (Word and Excel). If I upgrade to Windows 10 will Office Starter be carried over and work in Windows 10?

9 answers to this question

The news said : " Office 2003, Office 2007, Office 2010, Office 2013 and the upcoming Office 2016 are fully compatible with Windows 10. "  
Office 2007 installs on my Windows 10 machine BUT the Excel cannot be used. I guess Office 2010 should be able to work in Windows 10.

Running Office 2010 Pro, on Windows 10 Pro here, (64bit) and everything works great on a default install. (Y)

My parents 7 machine was upgraded to 10 from 7, with Office 2010 Pro installed, and it works flawlessly as well. ;)

Just curious: have you tried running it in compatibility mode?

No, I wasn't interested in messing with it. It wasn't my computer; I just put 2016 on it. 

Just ran a test of Office 2000 Pro, Office 2003 Pro and Office 2007 Enterprise in Windows 10 v1511 x86.

Found with the exception of Outlook 2000 which threw an error on launching (couldn't get it to start), all other major programs worked without issue.
No Office service packs or patches were applied.

Also had a go with Office 2010 starter, with success. You'll need to install the click2run installer first, then install patch KB2598285, then you can install Office 2010 starter (with the modified installer file). After that process, I was able to run the program without any trouble!

Thank goodness for snapshotting in VMware. ;)

Yes it does... 

To clarify what this person seems to be asking:

Microsoft Office Starter edition 2010 was a package that contained a very limited version of word and excel that Microsoft put out (I presume when getting desperate around when Google Docs and solutions like libreoffice had just become known widespread) but soon after you could only get the installers for this from obscure links.

If you have Office 2010 starter edition installed in windows 7 (up and running and updated) 

and then upgrade to windows 10, then office starter will still work, it might ask you again the simple questions like how do you want to update and that sort of stuff.

I've already had it working for one of my clients.