How often and what do you post to Facebook?

Facebook Poll  

26 members have voted

1. 1. How often do you post to Facebook

• Once an hour
    • Once every few hours
    • Twice a day
    • Once a day
    • Once every other day
    • Once a Week
    • Few times per week.
    • Once a month
    • Few times per month
    • Once a year
    • A few times a year
    • I don't have a Facebook Account.
    • I had a Facebook account at one time but I removed it.
  2. 2. When you do post to facebook, what do you post?

• Stuff from my life
    • Mostly stuff from my life with and on very rare occassions random photos and videos
    • Mostly stuff from my life with and on very rare occassions random photos and videos and stories from websites
    • Stuff from my life and Random Photos and or Videos.
    • Stuff from my life and Random Photos and or Videos and stories from websites
    • Mostly Random Photos and or Videos
    • Mostly Random Photos and or Videos and stories from Websites
    • Mostly just random crap with occassionally some stuff from my life
    • Mostly just random crap.
    • I don't have a Facebook Account.
    • I had a Facebook account at one time but I removed it.

I have a Facebook account, but I don't post to it very often, maybe twice a week. If someone looks at my profile it's going to look vain, as I think it should. It's all about me, it's my Facebook Profile. Its about stuff I do. On a very rare occasion I will post a video or a picture, but because it's only on a very rare occasion it's special and usually pretty great because I don't post random crap.

I find it sad that out of 250+ friends i've unfollowed most of them except about 15. I would love it if all people did was share experience during their every day life, but the majority just posts STUPID photos and videos.. what a bunch of fracking dribble. One Friend (Facebook) profile I went to, posted 29 pieces of crap on her photo in a 24 hour period (mostly random photos). (yes I counted)

So i'm curious, how often do you post to Facebook and when you do what do you post?

I'd say once a month at the very most, I think I've said it quite a bit on this forum but I really only still have a facebook account for the benefit of Facebook Messenger.

I'll like & share stuff I see on Facebook, or funny stuff I see on the web. I occasionally have periods when I'll do a "Song of the Day".

As for personal content, that tends to be linked to events. I don't feel the need to share what I'm having for dinner (usually) but going to a convention, or a birthday party, or a cool gift I've given or gotten - that goes up.

• Like 1

I post once or twice a month, mostly random stuff from my life, favorite quotes or personal thoughts,  sometimes also interesting articles or videos from the web.

Used to be obsessed with Facebook. Posted probably 4-5 times a day. Now it's just full of ads and the occasional post from a friend. I've deactivated it a few times, but friends insist using the events feature for organizing parties. I probably post 4-5 times a month now, usually pictures of things going on in my life.

I only have friends whom I absolutely know, I share others experiences that touch my heart or I think is funny. I share music I like from time to time.

Don't remember the last status I've posted, but I tend to just share videos/photos that remind me of myself. If it was for me wanting to keep up with friends or family, I would have most likely deleted it by now.

I have a Facebook account and never post, or better, posts that appear on my page are posts others have tagged me in and I allowed to show, usually they're about the charities I'm involved with and their activities or when I'm with friends, a night out or when we go visit something.

I've 350 friends, most of them unfollowed because I simply don't care about them and what they do, we lost contact years ago and probably there's a reason, we didn't care enough about each other.

I used to use Facebook as a news feed aggregator but then I realized that most pages were just posting clickbait articles, like "10 things you should/must know about stuff", now I get all my news via Cortana - it manages to provide more updated news than the News app, although the ones in the News app seem to be more curated and from more reputable sources - and a few websites, both national and international, when I feel I need to deepen my knowledge about something I'll just search for it and read further articles I find interesting.

I've carefully stayed away from Facebook and Twitter in the last 3 days, today I opened them and was greeted by what I feared I would find: hysteria, racism, people who put a French flag as their profile picture, or modified them with a background, people who shared pics of the Eiffel Tower and encouraged you to do the same, and people who suddenly believed they were the new Henry Kissinger and were dishing out advice on solving the current world problems.

I keep a Facebook account because I'm the admin of the page of a charity. I open Facebook only when the app gives a notification or when I have to post updates on the page I manage.

I have one deactivated. Only gets activated when a friend, or family member, gets the bright idea to post large events exclusively on their page.:huh: I've never posted anything on Facebook.

I choose random pics and videos, because I mainly post some pictures when I happen to take them, usually on a family outing and want to share them with family. I more than often choose to send them (the pictures) via sftp or bring them over in person and copy the pictures locally.

I have one deactivated. Only gets activated when a friend, or family member, gets the bright idea to post large events exclusively on their page.:huh: I've never posted anything on Facebook.

I don't understand... Your account is deactivated so they would have to email or call you on the phone to let you know about this event and at that time you could just say if going or not. Right?

Facebook is still a thing huh? I used to post once or twice a week when I had an account which was about 5 or 6 years ago.

Edited by oldtimefighter

About once a week.  And usually to wish a happy birthday or accept/deny friend requests.  My youngest sister posts pics of my nephews which I enjoy viewing.

The second list of things to vote for seems overly redundant, none of the items fit any of my activities.

Edited by Raze

About once a week.  And usually to wish a happy birthday or accept/deny friend requests.  My youngest sister posts pics of my nephews which I enjoy viewing.

Really?

How can you reach the keyboard since you have short arms? With your own custom-made chopsticks?

:p

/joking aside, I don't get on Facebook much..

I don't understand... Your account is deactivated so they would have to email or call you on the phone to let you know about this event and at that time you could just say if going or not. Right?

Facebook is still a thing huh? I used to post once or twice a week when I had an account which was about 5 or 6 years ago.

Correct. It goes to show you the age in which we live. I get an email or text, asking me to check my Facebook for the event information. Good God! :rofl::pinch: