Multi users show in Google Maps

Question

Hey, 

I want to develop an idea for some friends.

I got a website and I want to create an option  for different users to login, and the use the geolocation html5 code to show them on a Google map.

Then, the admin could see them all together on the map.

Something similar to the iPhone's Find My Friends but in html for some friends. 

Thanks. 

5 answers to this question

It's possible.

Some client side ajax code updates the user position every x seconds by sending a post message to userlocation.php. Then userlocation.php will add/update the location of a user in a database. The admin has client side ajax code that updates the user positions every x seconds by sending a get message to getuserlocations.php( will fetch the locations from the database).

It's possible.

Some client side ajax code updates the user position every x seconds by sending a post message to userlocation.php. Then userlocation.php will add/update the location of a user in a database. The admin has client side ajax code that updates the user positions every x seconds by sending a get message to getuserlocations.php( will fetch the locations from the database).

Thanks,

now i will start to research how to code it.

Thanks,

now i will start to research how to code it.

Start with the basics, database design. Think of the columns you will need(names and data types), post them here and I(and other neowin users) will comment on that to improve it if needed.

Few basic pieces of info:
user location
user id
last location update

How does the location look like? Multiple numbers? Multiple variables? A single string?
How are we going to identify a user? ID from a user account? Or a random id generated for each unique visitor?
And at last we need to add the time for the location, so the website can see if a user has been online or not and for how long.