Welcome to Neowin Forums on 4.1!

11 minutes ago, DaveLegg said:

What are you looking for that used to be possible with 'New Content', but isn't with Activity Streams? I'm sure we can find a way to bend Activity Streams to you needs, to edit something so you can

Well I was going to say I couldn't find a way to go to the first unread post in a thread, only the new post that was made that showed up in the stream, but I JUST now found the bullet next to the post that will take me there. So I feel a lot better now. But how about being able to remove the "So and So liked a post" from the streams. Is there a way and I'm just being blind again? :rofl: 

Just now, Jeston said:

Well I was going to say I couldn't find a way to go to the first unread post in a thread, only the new post that was made that showed up in the stream, but I JUST now found the bullet next to the post that will take me there. So I feel a lot better now. But how about being able to remove the "So and So liked a post" from the streams. Is there a way and I'm just being blind again? :rofl: 

Click the Edit Stream Settings button at the top, and have a play with the options. I imagine there is a way, it's just a matter of figuring out the right settings to pick

2 minutes ago, Jeston said:

getNewpost should take you to the first unread :s 

Just now, DaveLegg said:

Click the Edit Stream Settings button at the top, and have a play with the options. I imagine there is a way, it's just a matter of figuring out the right settings to pick

Thanks Dave, I'll poke around a bit more. Kudos on the upgrade, looking pretty sweet (Y)

BTW want to add that jumping to the first unread of any old topic seemed broke for a time, but since I have started visiting the Random Pic Thread more often, it has sort of fixed itself, and no longer jumps me to the newest post. (before the upgrade).

7 minutes ago, Steven P. said:

getNewpost should take you to the first unread :s 

Yeah, just didn't notice the giant circle next to the topic title that would take me there :laugh:

All sorted now.

I haven't had my coffee yet so excuse me :rofl:

I wanted to add that this upgrade feels right. Snappy and responsive. The small things will get worked out, for sure, but this was a well needed upgrade. Great work, guys!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Zagadka said:

Was there some talk of the return of the full Spy page?

This is the same thing I think? https://www.neowin.net/forum/discover/unread/ we might adjust it to update like the Full Spy, nothing has been decided on that front yet because the streams weren't working before the upgrade (including what we would have used for Full Spy).

Ah, need to go into the Edit Stream and change it from "Content Items Only" to "Content Items, comments, and  reviews" to get the full Spy stream

1 minute ago, kozukumi said:

I still can't login from the login menu on the front page, it takes me to a second page which then works :(

Main page login modal hasn't been connected to the forums yet.

1 minute ago, Zagadka said:

Ditto on the reply sometimes only showing the insert image dialog. Refresh fixes it.

Same, refreshing fixes it. Almost sounds like a race condition somewhere.

Also, minispy is not refreshing correctly.

Capture.PNG

Just now, adrynalyne said:

Same, refreshing fixes it. Almost sounds like a race condition somewhere.

Also, minispy is not refreshing correctly.

Capture.PNG

That looks correct to me, if someone posts in the same topic after you, it always has, and should, add in a new line. It's only when you refresh the page that duplicates are removed

3 minutes ago, DaveLegg said:

That looks correct to me, if someone posts in the same topic after you, it always has, and should, add in a new line. It's only when you refresh the page that duplicates are removed

That isn't how it was working for me before. It would move the topic up the list and change who posted without the need to refresh. Surely you wouldn't want the minispy to be full of a bunch of single lines for the same topic (imagine a popular topic). It would negate usefulness.

Just now, adrynalyne said:

That isn't how it was working for me before. It would move the topic up the list and change who posted. Surely you wouldn't want the minispy to be full of a bunch of single lines for the same topic (imagine a popular topic). It would negate usefulness.

It looks fine to me.

If you post/edit posts in same topic, then the duplicates will show up and they will be removed after you refresh or go next topic.

2 minutes ago, TAZMINATOR said:

It looks fine to me.

If you post/edit posts in same topic, then the duplicates will show up and they will be removed after you refresh or go next topic.

Those were two different posters. Again, as of yesterday, it would refresh automatically for me. Not a big deal I suppose. I rather they fix the mobile responsive issues.