San Bernadino CA: 3 active shooters

Breaking

Inland Regional Center has 670 employees, social services building.

3 masked & body armored shooters with long arms, still at large

20+ hit

People streaming out

Police & SWAT prepping for entry

Hunting for SUV, possibly a shooter

Suspicious device(s) found, bomb squad using robots

Maybe this is why police could use those armored  vehicles and heavy weaponry that Obama doesn't think they need.  None of those armored vehicles have any mounted weapons on them and they would surely be useful in moving in to evacuate wounded citizens in cases like these.  The fact that there are reports of three shooters makes me wonder if it's a terrorist attack.  Hard to say at this point though, but it doesn't appear that a particular religious place was targeted, or a particular gender spot, or the "usual" spots, only a mental facility.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, macrosslover said:

Maybe this is why police could use those armored  vehicles and heavy weaponry that Obama doesn't think they need.  None of those armored vehicles have any mounted weapons on them and they would surely be useful in moving in to evacuate wounded citizens in cases like these.  The fact that there are reports of three shooters makes me wonder if it's a terrorist attack.  Hard to say at this point though, but it doesn't appear that a particular religious place was targeted, or a particular gender spot, or the "usual" spots, only a mental facility.

Armored civilian police vehicles have no need for mounted weaponry. 

Sounding like a terrorist attack so far to me

3 armed men, heavily armed, body armor

Left a suspicious package before getting away in van

very well planned out, easy target 

4 minutes ago, JHBrown said:

Armored civilian police vehicles have no need for mounted weaponry. 

Exactly.  Instead of arming the police even further, maybe they need to finally disarm some of the citizens...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ctebah said:

Exactly.  Instead of arming the police even further, maybe they need to finally disarm some of the citizens...

Are you saying they'd not have gotten guns if we had a gun ban?

14 minutes ago, macrosslover said:

Reports are (currently) of 3 white males dressed in military style.

I would wait to reserve judgment on debate until we have all the facts, and then see *if* that would even be a factor.

2 minutes ago, DocM said:

You clearly weren't near the Detroit or LA riots. 

Such a bold and false statement. I lived in Los Angeles during the riots. :pinch:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Emn1ty said:

Of course not.  Make it harder for people to get guns and you will see the amount of shootings go down.  Common sense.

If it is a terrorist attack, I doubt we'd ever find out the truth.  I can see ISIS taking credit for psychological reasons, whether they actually had anything to do with it or not, but on the flip side I don't see our government admitting to a terrorist attack having occurred.  I think they would just say it was "disturbed" individuals.

Just now, ctebah said:

Of course not.  Make it harder for people to get guns and you will see the amount of shootings go down.  Common sense.

So why are we talking about it in relation to this topic? Cause if you don't think that your suggestion would have prevented this scenario then it has no relevance to this scenario.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Emn1ty said:

Guess he never heard of the black market, which is alive and well.

LA Times is reporting all 3 Shooters escaped, possibly in a black Yukon.

Cops say they have one name.

LA Times is reporting possible all 3 Shooters escaped, possibly in a black Yukon.

Cops say they have one name.

Prepping a battering ram to do a hard entry in one building.

Just now, Emn1ty said:

So why are we talking about it in relation to this topic? Cause if you don't think that your suggestion would have prevented this scenario then it has no relevance to this scenario.

I do think that my suggestion would prevent scenarios like this.

8 minutes ago, ctebah said:

Not so common. They've gone down since people armed up. Lowest in almost 40 years.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ctebah said:

Sure, keep telling yourself that, while a mass shooting occurs almost every day.  

Sorry, wrong again.

http://www.pewsocialtrends.org/2013/05/07/gun-homicide-rate-down-49-since-1993-peak-public-unaware/?utm_expid=53098246-2.Lly4CFSVQG2lphsg-KopIg.0

"Gun Homicide Rate Down 49% Since 1993 Peak; Public Unaware"

3 minutes ago, ctebah said:

Why not post an even older article, maybe from the 90's?

That's from 2013 and the federal stats take 1.5 to 2 years to compile.  2014 should come this winter or spring.