PS Vita has been discontinued!

Pay over the odds mate, besides, I just bought the new 3ds tonight instead. It's for my daughters birthday so I'm sure she'll be happy with that 

What did you ask specifically? Customer service wouldn't be issuing this if it hadn't already been covered in a press release. My guess is either certain bundles have been discontinued (why does it say PS Vita's, instead of PS Vita), or if it's true there's a Vita 3000 coming at PSX.

As poor as it's selling there is still new titles coming out that sell quite well in the west (Danganronpa 3 <3). And as long as remote play and PS Now are things, Sony will try and push some Vita's on PS4 owners. Just don't ever expect a Vita 2.

• Like 1

Until i see something directly from Sony in the form of a press release or official announcement I will not believe it. They still have games (not AAA games) but games planned for it out through 2018 so I  am not certain.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, rageagainstmachine said:

Why would she lie to me lol? incident number and original email now attached now  too.

Screenshot_2015-12-02-21-52-36.png

Screenshot_2015-12-02-21-52-36.png

Screenshot_2015-12-02-21-52-15.png

It's not that she would lie to you, but that the specific SKU could be discontinued in preparation for another to be distributed, closing distribution in a country, or maybe just within their own store.  It's worth noting how often customer service can get things wrong too. I will note that the Playstation site does show that retailers don't have it available, but I find that curious as to how they would know what all each retailer has.

"Sorry, this product is not currently available at participating retailers in the United States.  Please check back soon!"

Here in the US though, I can see that every single Best Buy in Houston, TX has them available for purchase and in stock at each location. Something doesn't add up, unless Best Buy is just sitting on old stock. Either way, I'd wait to hear it from Sony than from someone confused in customer service.