Bugs & things we are aware of for IPB 4.1

4 minutes ago, LimeMaster said:

2) Members don't need to see this information. They only need to see the post. They do not need to know how many times its been altered.

Why not? if I know it's been altered I might reread it as the creator may have added new information.

It isn't working that way currently (no untick prior to the 5min mark).  That should be the poster's choice as long as they can edit.

Can we also make the whitespace below the post not be a link?   (Between the Go to Topic and Next Unread) Its too easy to miss click off the page.

22 hours ago, LimeMaster said:

Instead of putting in all that effort, it should just be removed altogether.

Why ? why do you have a need to not have "edited by" on your posts if you edit after 5 minutes ? ok remove the edited by, but then also remove the ability to edit after 5 minutes. 

22 hours ago, LimeMaster said:

I'll copy your format for this post.

Two things:

1) Sometimes things are not meant to be.

2) Members don't need to see this information. They only need to see the post. They do not need to know how many times its been altered.

Why shouldn't it be seen by members when another poster goes back to edit his posts after saying something to say something completely different. especially after other people replies. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dashel said:

It isn't working that way currently (no untick prior to the 5min mark).  That should be the poster's choice as long as they can edit.

Can we also make the whitespace below the post not be a link?   (Between the Go to Topic and Next Unread) Its too easy to miss click off the page.

That was how it worked before people complained, before 5 minutes you could untick to not show edited by, then a certain someone complained and didn't want the tickbox, so now it shows edited by from 1st second.  careful what you wish for and all that. 

Has anyone mentioned that view counts on newly posted topics isn't working?*  I don't feel like reading through 4 pages just to find out.

* I don't know if it's still working on old topics as well.

2 hours ago, HawkMan said:

Why shouldn't it be seen by members when another poster goes back to edit his posts after saying something to say something completely different. especially after other people replies. 

Because most of the time, the edits are just minor fixes and not a complete edits. If a person does however feel the need to completely rewrite their posts, they usual make it clear that it has been completely altered.

The "Edited by" line looks ugly as well, which doesn't help. Also, though I've already mentioned this, nobody needs to know that a post has been edited. It certainly shouldn't be something you think or care about.

Just accept the contents of the post. Staff can deal with posts with bad edits, and take action if needed. Us members don't need to see them.

Edited by LimeMaster
English stuff
  • Like 3

On 18/12/2015 at 0:10 AM, LimeMaster said:

If there's new information they'll likely start a new post.

And then you get the point where someone posts a widely agreed with opinion, everyone further down posts 'Yeah, I do this all the time!' etc. and then they edit it to something very obscure, disgusting or otherwise unwanted. Happens on Reddit far more frequently than you would imagine. :p

12 minutes ago, Steve B. said:

And then you get the point where someone posts a widely agreed with opinion, everyone further down posts 'Yeah, I do this all the time!' etc. and then they edit it to something very obscure, disgusting or otherwise unwanted. Happens on Reddit far more frequently than you would imagine. :p

Member's can only edit posts for a short time, they can't come back to the post 2 days later and change it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steve B. said:

Staff could see this without the Edit line being seen by members. I remember the checkbox text specifically mentions this. 

Plus, let's be honest, Neowin has restricted editing time whereas Reddit does not. There's barely any time for anyone here to even do that.

3 hours ago, Steve B. said:

The old Facebook group/page name switcheroo.

On 12/16/2015 at 7:49 AM, ZeroHour said:

I have seen that icon on IPB's own site, I think its more a flag you are inactive on that site now i.e. it isnt polling for thread changes etc. I dont *think* chrome shows a paused icon for things like paused youtube videos etc, only an icon to indicate sound went through the tab in the last few seconds.

Ah well, maybe there is an option to turn it off?

1 minute ago, FloatingFatMan said:

Are there any plans to fix the mobile version so we can actually reply to threads?

Screenshot taken on my Nexus 6, running Marshmallow, using Chrome.

You know what? I tried posting a topic in the official IPS forums yesterday and the editor would not load for me in Edge or Chrome. I had no extensions enabled, no ad-blocking or anything. I really wonder wtf it is causing it??

I'll give it a look on my Windows Phone 8.1 in a sec to see if it happens there too, but I will need to call a dev in on this since I won;t be able to fix it :p

2 minutes ago, Steven P. said:

You know what? I tried posting a topic in the official IPS forums yesterday and the editor would not load for me in Edge or Chrome. I had no extensions enabled, no ad-blocking or anything. I really wonder wtf it is causing it??

I'll give it a look on my Windows Phone 8.1 in a sec to see if it happens there too, but I will need to call a dev in on this since I won;t be able to fix it :p

When it happens to me, I get a loading text for the attachments control. I finally give up and try Safari, or just close the browser and give up. Restarting the browser doesn't seem to fix it when it gets stuck that way. I am referring to Mobile btw.