Ad-Aware Update 1.1.04

A new referencefile (01R244 01.01.2004) is now available.

The number of +'s indicates the number of variants

included in that family's update.

New Items

--------------------------------------------------------

+Win32.Narrator.Trojan

Updated Items

--------------------------------------------------------

++AdShooter*

++++ClientMan

+DyFuCA

+Tracking Cookie

+++WebDialer

+Whenu-ClockSync

* SearchForIt Toolbar is an AdShooter item, and is

included in this update.

After updating, the detail-screen shows the following information:

Reference Number : 01R244 01.01.2004

Internal build : 171

Total size : 764948 Bytes

Signature data size : 750099 Bytes

Reference data size : 14785 Bytes

Signatures total : 17071

Target categories : 10

Target families : 396

Thanks to everybody who submitted us files for evaluation!

The Lavasoft Research & Development Team

----------------

You can use Webupdate to install the new referencefile, or download it manually from here--->

http://www.lavasoft.de/update/refs/reflist.zip

And remember, if you think something needs to be sent to us for review, visit our submission site at http://submit.lavahelp.com

Ugh!

@hayc49: PLEASE STOP POSTING AD-AWARE UPDATES. They are updated often about 1 to 2 times a week. It gets really annoying, it's totally useless, and is mainly just a way to increase your post count.

Cool - great stuff Lava team :D

I didn't realise until recently (after I installed Ad-aware on a friends machine) that Ad-aware gets rid of some viruses too.

Great job!

Thanks again,

W.

[edit]

@memodude...STFU - and your post is useful is it? ######.

Ugh!

@hayc49: PLEASE STOP POSTING AD-AWARE UPDATES. They are updated often about 1 to 2 times a week. It gets really annoying, it's totally useless, and is mainly just a way to increase your post count.

I know. The last update was yesterday. :rolleyes:

Ugh!

MemoDude :angry:

I joined here in July 2001, and only have 301

post. you think I give a crap about that??

until a Mod or Admin tell me other wise

live with it.

you obviously care more about your post

count because you respond to my threads :whistle:

MemoDude :angry:

I joined here in July 2001, and only have 301

post. you think I give a crap about that??

until a Mod or Admin tell me other wise

live with it.

you obviously care more about your post

count because you respond to my threads :whistle:

I feel that. I've been here since about the begining and I don't post much, but come here every day. People with 10,000 posts **** me off.

I feel that.? I've been here since about the begining and I don't post much, but come here every day.? People with 10,000 posts **** me off.

The thing is, Ad Aware updates are soooo regular, almost every 2-3 days. Just like AV Updates.

There is not need to post a thread about it.

I couldnt give a rats ass if you have been here 1 day or 10 years, the fact is that the updates are sooo regular.

Thats the moral here.

As for people with 10k posts counts, they namely Mods or ex mods.

Davey, before this gets to out of hand

I have pmed Voodoo to sort this out.

Several months ago I asked about posting

updates like this because some folks are to busy

to check with the 'update buttons'

and got the ok to post some updates(ie..ad-aware/spywareblaster/jv16)

and some of you are correct Ad-aware has had alot of updates

lately but they are rare(not twice aweek)

so lets keep it all good for now....

like you stated post count only means something to some folks :)

Ugh!

I accually find it very helpful, thanks

@hayc49: I'm sorry, now that I read my post, it seems kind of rude. I didn't mean that as a direct flame. It just seems to be unnecessary to post a thread for every update. Also, the post count thing is a non-point. :(

A mod should create and pin a topic devoted to Ad-aware updates in the Windows NT4/2000/XP Client forum that is devoted to Ad-aware updates and only that. Then, interested users could set up e-mail notification of posts in that thread. :)

@everyone: About post counts: I do think spending enough time to make 10,000 posts on Neowin.net is kind of necessary, though you should notice that most people who have post counts around 10,000 is because they really like Neowin.net and have been registered since 2001, when Neowin.net was founded. :p

@hayc49: I'm sorry, now that I read my post, it seems kind of rude. I didn't mean that as a direct flame. It just seems to be unnecessary to post a thread for every update. Also, the post count thing is a non-point. :(

A mod should create and pin a topic devoted to Ad-aware updates in the Windows NT4/2000/XP Client forum that is devoted to Ad-aware updates and only that. Then, interested users could set up e-mail notification of posts in that thread. :)

Agreed!! and no problem on the post count!!

its a little issue that makes no matter to me.

but xStainDx may need a valium!!! ;) ;)

Ugh!

ok post ######, like you don't care about your post count?

memodude Posted: Jan 1 2004, 13:59? ?

1000 posts!

who really cares if you have 1000 posts or not, maybe other post ######?

@hayc59

thanks for the heads up:rofl:l:

edit: look at your member #, you is 8, while the guy complaining is 25,569

Very true Sixx, just seems to display you have WAY to much time one your hands, maybe fill your time with a friend or something that requires more motorskills other then typing. It is very stupid to announce how many posts you have, I am not even at 400 yet and I have been here for a little over 2 years. Do you think your going to get a cookie or something for having that many posts?

Very true Sixx, just seems to display you have WAY to much time one your hands, maybe fill your time with a friend or something that requires more motorskills other then typing. It is very stupid to announce how many posts you have, I am not even at 400 yet and I have been here for a little over 2 years. Do you think your going to get a cookie or something for having that many posts?

I am not gonna get any cookies, but the post ###### might...