SEC > Big "10"

God, he sucks. I remember him filling in for Krenzel several times and he looked really pathetic.

OK, you officially have no clue. McMullen is a much better passer than Krenzel, but Krenzel was a better QB. Better decisions, better running, etc. McMullen has a cannon for an arm and will get NFL looks.

To answer your question, BroChaos, McMullen was a senior. The QB battle next year is between Troy Smith and Justin Zwick, two redshirt sophomores. There is another guy who redshirted last year, Bauserman or something, too. Don't know much about him.

OK, you officially have no clue. McMullen is a much better passer than Krenzel, but Krenzel was a better QB. Better decisions, better running, etc. McMullen has a cannon for an arm and will get NFL looks.

To answer your question, BroChaos, McMullen was a senior. The QB battle next year is between Troy Smith and Justin Zwick, two redshirt sophomores. There is another guy who redshirted last year, Bauserman or something, too. Don't know much about him.

No clue eh? One of the games this year that I watched was absolutely horrible. His rating was low, threw a couple of picks and looked horrendous. I think the defense saved us in that one (like they always did!).

As far as the QB situation, Zwick is the person I read about. Wasn't he a transfer from a JuCo? I thought redshirting was for the beginning of the year, or can a player be redshirted anytime? I noticed that Zwick did play a little this year.

Edited by briangw

One of the games this year that I watched was absolutely horrible. His rating was low, threw a couple of picks and looked horrendous. I think the defense saved us in that one (like they always did!).

As far as the QB situation, Zwick is the person I read about. Wasn't he a transfer from a JuCo? I thought redshirting was for the beginning of the year, or can a player be redshirted anytime? I noticed that Zwick did play a little this year.

He hasn't always looked great, but we might have beaten Michigan if he had stayed in. He moved the offense when Krenzel couldn't.

Zwick and Smith both came in right out of high school. Zwick is a pocket passer, Smith more of a Vick style of QB (I'm not saying he's as good as Vick, but he's mobile with a very strong arm)

Redshirting is for a whole year. Zwick and Smith have been at OSU for 2 years now. Neither played their first year, so they were redshirted, keeping 4 years of eligibility. So they now have used 1 year of their 4, so they are effectively sophomores next year.

Yea, sorry guys. One of the idiots at work must have ticked me off. Sorry for taking it out on you :no:

No problem. My wife says I usually deserve this from the many arguments I start online anyway. :p