Graphic Battles

Question

I've been checking out the battles at Graphic Forum. There's some amazing stuff. I was wondering if anyone here on Neowin would like to do a similar thing. The people over at Graphic Forums are just insanely talented. I think with the talent we have here, we could come up with some equally killer stuff. Post here with your interest.

I have 56K, soon to get Broadband, waitin for installation of it. Hey dudes, 6mb, fine get them to tweak there modem and get them at a higher bit rate, 6mb 3mins, no probs!

JMann :D

After doing a little more browsing on Graphic Forums, it seems that some battles only exchange pngs or jpgs. This may be an idea we could use for those a little lacking in bandwidth. For those who have the bandwidth, you could agree on using PSD's provided you can host them or find someone to host them.

Sweet reply DC! I really liked the text. What font is that? How many more rounds do you want to go? I say we do at least one more. As a little side note, I've been removing the PSD's as I post the most current one. If anyone would like any of the previous ones, I've got them stored locally. Same goes for the stock photos I've used. If you want them, just let me know.

And without further delay... here's my response:

battleround5.jpg

PSD here

it's ok if people want a 1 to 1 battle, just make a thread with [battle] name - name.

i'm working out all plans for my game and will post a test version later.

I really like the idea of a game/contest where the winner chooses the next topic of creation. That sounds like a great idea to me.

(Y)

there is too much politics here, all i see is talk and not much battling.

SniperX, i challenge you to a graphic battle. you create a new topic named "SniperX VS. ek?sine" and lets get this battle started. SniperX on your first post create the rules you want for the battle and post the first starting image. i will post the 2nd image.... no PSD swapping is needed.

there is too much politics here, all i see is talk and not much battling.

SniperX, i challenge you to a graphic battle. you create a new topic named "SniperX VS. ek?sine" and lets get this battle started. SniperX on your first post create the rules you want for the battle and post the first starting image. i will post the 2nd image.... no PSD swapping is needed.

How very 'muskets at dawn'.:D:D

But sure, in for a penny and all that....

What I've done is found a stock image, (I haven't altered it at all) which we can use for the challenge. I figure it's easier that way else you'll be forever waiting for me to create my starter image. I'll go do the formal post now.

Ok, here's my last round as well. Thanks for the comments on the others :)

The font used in my previous round was tomb raider (freeware).

Psd is here. I'll leave these up for a few days.

Thanks for the battle JaredVolkl. It's always interesting to learn about other design styles :happy:

~Peace

DC

post-31-1073279533.jpg

If it was up to me, I'd give it to DC for the "Point of Indecision" version alone. Perfect in so many ways: Composition, Colour, Layering/Blending, and Overall Style.

You just made a fan of me, DC. :D

P.S. If you ever convert it to a wallpaper, say 1600x1200, for example :D I'd be the first downloader for sure.

Ok, here's my last round as well. Thanks for the comments on the others :)

The font used in my previous round was tomb raider (freeware).

Psd is here. I'll leave these up for a few days.

Thanks for the battle JaredVolkl. It's always interesting to learn about other design styles :happy:

~Peace

DC

Thanks for the battle DC. I'd say pretty good for Neowin's first graphic battle. Hopefully others will join in.

Ill battle you, but i must warn you that i really suck, due to the fact that ive had photoshop for only about a week

So do you just want to follow the same rules DC and I did before? Maybe change it to passing just a jpg or png rather than a PSD. Definately make it a different size. Umm, i don't know... make up some other rules if you want. Oh and you can start if you want. It really doesn't matter to me, but I started last time with DC.

can you make it jaredvolkl, i dont really know of any more rules to add or of any picture i could use, so i insist that u start it :blush: