World Idol Rigged

I couldn't believe the result this morning when they were reading out the points from the different countries. Kurt won almost every country and he was a ****en hobbit. It had to be fixed.

Stupid show.

I couldn't believe the result this morning when they were reading out the points from the different countries. Kurt won almost every country and he was a ****en hobbit. It had to be fixed.

Stupid show.

I watched it today, and I also thought it was amazing that he won almost every country's vote -- Especially since there were quite a few talents there that were significantly better than him, one being Kelly Clarkson.

Guy sang a modern U2 (widely popular across most of the world) song pretty darn well -- one that required some marked vocal range / variety at that. Also probably got a big vote for being a bit of an "underdog", which matters a lot more to some places. I gotta say, too -- the guy gets some credit for not just picking your average, dated, heard it 100s of times, karaoke-style song, which almost everyone else did.

Also interesting to note that the Belgian guy who sang Nirvana (and was told by several judges he didn't "belong there") came in third.

Did think it unusually interesting that the Pan-Arab vote was virtually an inversion of the averaged votes of every place else -- heck, they put the German guy first when (almost?) every other place across the board put him dead last.

They of course didn't disclose how many people voted in each country/region, etc., and just gave each country equal points to distribute. Would be curious to know what the raw, total voting numbers were for various people, even if there was assumably no limit to how many times someone could "vote".

Personally, if anything, I'm surprised Kelly Clarkson managed to come in second. Would have thought many places in the world would almost automatically sort of ignore the "American"/person who already has the most-established professional career regardless of World Idol.

Eh, whatever. Sort of interesting to see who "wins" these things, but don't generally take them terribly seriously overall. Is nice some people who probably wouldn't "break in" to the industry or whatever have a chance via something like this.

Wonder how Clay Aiken (or even Ruben) would have done globally had they participated....

All about ratings...

Just like the last american idol was rigged.

How many people would rather vote for an ugly hobbit then a pretty young brunett with a great voice and a well a nice body.

Proph

Reality shows suck. Ever since Survivor the TV industry went to hell.

Anyone see that new ad for the show where a woman has to marry some disgusting fat slob in order to get $1,000,000?

Hell, I voted for Kurt. Glad he won, too, great performer (although his performance when he won was a little meh).

Am I the only who thought Kelly look really ****ed off?

Hell, I voted for Kurt. Glad he won, too, great performer (although his performance when he won was a little meh).

Oh yes I definatly think she was ****ed..people like that shouldnt win..I mean instead of being happy for however won, you try to rain on their parade.

Kelly certainly did look a bit confused / worried or whatever you would call it as results were being announced from various places.

Could have just been manipulediting, but was semi-funny to watch. Who knows what she was actually responding to. Did have the sense these World Idol things were taped and edited before airing.

As an australian I was appalled at the placing Guy Sebastian recieved from the rest of the worls, not only was the better than the canadian, british and polish idols he should AT LEAST got a top 5 placing. And kelly was sensational. Guy and Kelly were the best by far. And i dont want to be the only aussie here, and other people from other countries loves guy's performance?

I coulda told you that without even watching it.

I could of also and I have NEVER watched it nor will I. All these types of shows are about as dumb as h***. :wacko:

Will young was bad. Now really. "come on baby lite ma fire" that was an bysmal performance. You may be right, he might roxor, but that performance was child-like.