Stereo only has rca output for subwoofer!

Ive got a pioneer vsx-407 RDS reicever and audio pro B2.38 subwoofer my receiver has an output for subwoofer the only problem is that its rca while the subwoofer has these red and black copper cable input so right now its plugged into normal speakers and the bass is just really weak do  i need a new receiver?

Look for a RCA plug to speaker wire cable.  Something like this - oxhnX4i.jpg 

or and RCA to banana plug

v12Y10Z.jpg 

if you have that type of binding posts on the sub-woofer.  Some speakers have 5-way binding posts.  I was unable to find any info on your sub-woofer.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Raze said:

Look for a RCA plug to speaker wire cable.  Something like this - oxhnX4i.jpg 

@Ludde
You'll need 2 of these if your sub has dual inputs, also the placement of the subwoofer is important.

The set up of the gain controls (and crossovers if applicable) is also important, to achieve the desired effect.

How do you prefer the bass?

Deep and low?

Punchy?

Soft?

Can you take a pic of the connections on the sub?  It should just be a straight RCA to RCA connection (you can ignore the Left RCA channel on the sub or buy a RCA splitter for the sub side - you shouldn't need on one most quality subs.)

It seems your subwoofer is a passive subwoofer and the amp is designed to work with an active (ie. amplified) subwoofer.

If this is the case then you'll either need a new active subwoofer or some kind of amp for it.  After changing my amp recently recently I had exactly the same problem.  I ended up cutting a bit out of the back of my subwoofer and buying a plate amp to basically 'convert' my passive sub into an active one.

You would need a better subwoofer or a cheaper stereo. Rca is low pass or weak signal compared to the signal coming out of the speaker pairs. You shouldn't get more sound out of your woofer if you use the rca to bare wire, if anything less sound.  You need a powered woofer to work with the rca cable.