Formula 1 World Championship 2016 Season Discussion

Formula 1 World Championship 2016 Poll  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will win the 2016 Drivers Championship?

• Lewis Hamilton
    • Nico Rosberg
    • Sebastian Vettel
    • Kimi Räikkönen
    • Valterri Bottas
    • Felipe Massa
    • Daniil Kvyat
    • Daniel Ricciardo
    • Sergio Pérez
    • Nico Hülkenberg
    • Kevin Magnussen
    • Jolyon Palmer
    • Max Verstappen
    • Carlos Sainz, Jr.
    • Felipe Nasr
    • Marcus Ericsson
    • Jenson Button
    • Fernando Alonso
    • Pascal Wehrlein
    • Rio Haryanto
    • Romain Grosjean
    • Esteban Gutiérrez
  2. 2. Who do you think will win the 2016 Constructors Championship?

• Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team
    • Scuderia Ferrari
    • Williams Martini Racing
    • Red Bull Racing
    • Sahara Force India F1 Team
    • Renault F1 Team
    • Scuderia Toro Rosso
    • Sauber F1 Team
    • McLaren Honda
    • Manor Marussia F1 Team
    • Haas F1 Team

I know it's FP1 so this means nothing, but it's quite telling that RBR's were so close and didn't even use the Ultra. I can keep hoping that come the race they will be challenging at the front but I know when it comes down to it Merc are going to turn it up and disappear. 

8 hours ago, Skiver said:

I know it's FP1 so this means nothing, but it's quite telling that RBR's were so close and didn't even use the Ultra. I can keep hoping that come the race they will be challenging at the front but I know when it comes down to it Merc are going to turn it up and disappear. 

Yeah, they're just sandbagging.

Anyone else wondering we might get a repeat of this tomorrow...?

I'll win £250 if Hamilton and Rosberg do the same. :p (Not necessarily at the start, just anytime during the race and it causes at least one of them to retire from the race.)

20 minutes ago, Frank B. said:

Screen Shot 2016-11-27 at 15.47.49.png

Man of the race: Nico Rosberg

Reject of the race: Lewis Hamilton

Why reject of the race?  Because he tried to do all he could to win the world title?

• Like 3

Congrats to Rosberg and great driving by Hamilton to make the race interesting, he was definitely the best driver of the race and year.  Hamilton just needed a more reliable car to win another championship.

31 minutes ago, metallithrax said:

Why reject of the race?  Because he tried to do all he could to win the world title?

Yeah, his bias is clearly showing there. Palmer or Ocon should be branded the reject of the race.

I consider Hamilton reject of the race because of how he tried to win the WDC. If Rosberg had backed up the field like Hamilton did, you'd be all over him and accuse him of unfair methods.

4 minutes ago, Frank B. said:

I consider Hamilton reject of the race because of how he tried to win the WDC. If Rosberg had backed up the field like Hamilton did, you'd be all over him and accuse him of unfair methods.

Balls would we; it isn't against the rules, so there'd be nothing to complain about.

One thing we can be all over Rosberg for though is trying to get the higher-ups at Mercedes to order Hamilton to let him past, since he couldn't pass him fair and square, and Mercedes said earlier that they wouldn't interfere in the title battle.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Frank B. said:

Hamiltons goal as a formula one driver is to win the world title.  If that means slowing everyone down so that your nearest competitor finishes lower than he would in a normal race then so be it - nothing against the rules.  It is up to the other drivers to do what they have to do to win.

If Hamilton had tried to run Rosberg off the track (as has happened in past championships) then yes, he would be reject of the race/year.

He did all he could within the rules to win, but failed.

25 minutes ago, MightyJordan said:

Balls would we; it isn't against the rules, so there'd be nothing to complain about.

One thing we can be all over Rosberg for though is trying to get the higher-ups at Mercedes to order Hamilton to let him past, since he couldn't pass him fair and square, and Mercedes said earlier that they wouldn't interfere in the title battle.

Come on, you and I both know better from watching F1 over the past years.

Note: I'm not a huge fan of either Mercedes driver. I'd rather see Fernando Alonso have a shot at a third title. 

1 hour ago, Frank B. said:

Come on, you and I both know better from watching F1 over the past years.

Note: I'm not a huge fan of either Mercedes driver. I'd rather see Fernando Alonso have a shot at a third title. 

OK, I can't speak for anyone else on here, but I stand by what I said. Hamilton's a prick, so I wouldn't have had much sympathy for him if Rosberg were ahead and did the same thing. 

And speaking of Alonso...