Lumia 640 running Windows Mobile 10 Question :S

Hey guys im new to the Windows mobile 10 been using it for three days now since I got my Lumia 640 and loving the little sucker. Been ages since I used a Windows mobile last device I had was a PDA with Windows Mobile 5. Anyway I notice something I can't figure it out and maybe someone can explain to me it better not sure if this just on WIndows mobile 10 or if its also on Windows mobile 8.1 but I have notice when you press down on the windows logo and hold it that on the top a black bar drops down just plain black and when I touch it it goes away. It use to say something like touch here to exit one handed mode or something. But im trying to understand what the point of that little black spot? :s If anyone can explain that be great. Overall im loving the Lumia 640 granted I could of used a iPhone 5 16gb that was given to me from a friend but due to the defected screen I wasn't going to pay 100 bucks to get it fix. Plus I been eyeing a Windows Mobile forever. So now I have two worlds. Since im not using the iPhone 5 but I do have my ipad mini 2 so I still use that but man im loving the Windows Mobile 10 :D Thanks for any info guys about my question sorry if I got a bit off subject :)

Yep, one-handed mode. So that you can use your phone with just one handle more easily. It effectively just halves the screen size. The black spot is where it no longer accepts input, except to exit one-handed mode.

2 hours ago, Jack W said:

Yep, one-handed mode. So that you can use your phone with just one handle more easily. It effectively just halves the screen size. The black spot is where it no longer accepts input, except to exit one-handed mode.

Ok got it. Not sure what to think about it as in being a split screen. Sure cuts off a lot of the buttom part so feels almost useless to me. :s But thanks for clearing that up for me.