Members' Pictures 2016

Just now, Draconian Guppy said:

the awesome beards!

Oh... uhm - no.

Something that occurs naturally, and requires less attention and grooming than no beard - no I dont see the reason to be jealous of it.

Seriously, I know its a fad right now - and thats fine - there are so many.  But the only thing to be jealous of is the fact he is in a line of work where he can get by with not having to groom daily.

But to be sure, its no different than growing your fingernails out - no different - it is a natural occurrence which occurs in the absence of any grooming .

I did it 1 time when I was working on my family's ranch 1 winter - because out there - things like they way you look, how good your dry cleaning is, if you forgot to brush your teeth after a meal - dont matter very much.

I can tell you - with the absolute sincerity - it required no attention, strength, integrity, morals, or servitude to a higher power - it just happened.

So - no.... no jelly here.

Simply put  - its not for me - if I worked on motorcycles for a living, or was living off the land - OK - a beard is what happens when you no longer care.
Its not for me. 

But I can not say something is awesome and worthy of jealousy if it is something which happens without any effort.  
Its like being jealous of a leaf falling - 

I'll be happy when this fad ends.

NOTE:  Not saying anything bad about anyone who does it - I see a lot of people who do, its just not worthy of jealousy, and not for me.

On 1/29/2016 at 11:04 AM, rocket_fuel said:

little bit of me

1.png

2.png

3.png

Were you trying to do the 1970s John Travolta thing as a joke ?

I am not sure if it is a joke, a prank, or you think that looks cool.

Is there a story behind it ? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, T3X4S said:

Oh... uhm - no.

Something that occurs naturally, and requires less attention and grooming than no beard - no I dont see the reason to be jealous of it.

tumblr_m1f1mw1dwU1rok6e0o1_500.png

22b4836648cefe31268e33d837a0a241.jpg

I kid I kid, though for fairness,  Mando did say he groomed his.

• Like 1

To be completely honest - I only shave about 1x or 2x a week.

I should shave every morning because I get the 5 o'clock shadow - and can grow a beard quite quickly and quite full.

But I dont like to shave and only do it about 1x or 2x a week.

I am a member of Dollar Shave Club - and the blades come in faster than I use them.

So on days I have to go to the office, or go out to eat, or something which requires getting dressed up - I will.
Everything will be neatly pressed from the cleaners, shoes polished... and stubble on my face because I dont like to shave...

8 minutes ago, T3X4S said:

To be completely honest - I only shave about 1x or 2x a week.

I should shave every morning because I get the 5 o'clock shadow - and can grow a beard quite quickly and quite full.

But I dont like to shave and only do it about 1x or 2x a week.

I am a member of Dollar Shave Club - and the blades come in faster than I use them.

So on days I have to go to the office, or go out to eat, or something which requires getting dressed up - I will.
Everything will be neatly pressed from the cleaners, shoes polished... and stubble on my face because I dont like to shave...

Then there are folk like me, who take 2 months to show anything noticeable and even then it's a patchy mess.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Draconian Guppy said:

Then there are folk like me, who take 2 months to show anything noticeable and even then it's a patchy mess.

That would be awesome.
Think of all the money in laser hair removal you are saving - (which is what I think I will do)

3 hours ago, T3X4S said:

No on the beard
No on the awesomesauce

3 hours ago, T3X4S said:

Oh... uhm - no.

Seriously, I know its a fad right now - and thats fine - there are so many.  But the only thing to be jealous of is the fact he is in a line of work where he can get by with not having to groom daily.

But to be sure, its no different than growing your fingernails out - no different - it is a natural occurrence which occurs in the absence of any grooming .

I did it 1 time when I was working on my family's ranch 1 winter - because out there - things like they way you look, how good your dry cleaning is, if you forgot to brush your teeth after a meal - dont matter very much.

I can tell you - with the absolute sincerity - it required no attention, strength, integrity, morals, or servitude to a higher power - it just happened.

So - no.... no jelly here.

Simply put  - its not for me - if I worked on motorcycles for a living, or was living off the land - OK - a beard is what happens when you no longer care.
Its not for me. 

But I can not say something is awesome and worthy of jealousy if it is something which happens without any effort.  
Its like being jealous of a leaf falling - 

I'll be happy when this fad ends.

NOTE:  Not saying anything bad about anyone who does it - I see a lot of people who do, its just not worthy of jealousy, and not for me.

3 hours ago, T3X4S said:

Were you trying to do the 1970s John Travolta thing as a joke ?

I am not sure if it is a joke, a prank, or you think that looks cool.

Is there a story behind it ? 

party-pooper.jpg

:D                                                  :rofl:                                                            :laugh:

• Like 2

On 9/26/2016 at 5:18 PM, JHBrown said:

Man, that beard was epic. You gave @BinaryDataa run for his money.

I haven't cut mine yet. I'm not going to either. There's a pool at work to see how long I can get it before I have to cut it. 9 months left, and $300 in the pot. If I make the full year without cutting or trimming anything but my mustache, I get the pot. :)

On 9/26/2016 at 7:50 PM, Draconian Guppy said:

yeah, they need to start teh neowin beard club! Wish I had a beard that awesomesauce

Nothx. I'm apart of too many groups, lol.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/27/2016 at 10:39 PM, Draconian Guppy said:

tumblr_m1f1mw1dwU1rok6e0o1_500.png

22b4836648cefe31268e33d837a0a241.jpg

I kid I kid, though for fairness,  Mando did say he groomed his.

shampooed it daily and oiled it, and spent approx 45mins a week trimming round mouth under chin and general tidyness. If you do not shampoo & oil it daily its becomes a mess and very itchy.

Apart from that daily/weeky ritual i agree with Texas, it can be done without any effort, but it smells and drives you insane :) mine was lovely and soft. 

and yes i have the luxury that my workplace are fine with beards, despite being a biomedical research facility ;) 

• Like 2

@ViperAFK -  So, is now the great time to be in Vermont, or is it already very cold ?

I know its beautiful in the fall there, been there myself to see the leaves change but dont remember what month it was.
I would imagine it is already way too cold for me right now up there.

(It was absolutely beautiful here today - about 75 degrees w/ a slight breeze.)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, T3X4S said:

@ViperAFK -  So, is now the great time to be in Vermont, or is it already very cold ?

I know its beautiful in the fall there, been there myself to see the leaves change but dont remember what month it was.

Youd be so doomed here m8, i scraped my windscreen of frost this morning, a toasty 3 degrees C 

17 hours ago, T3X4S said:

IMG_20160326_145453088[1].jpg

It's been in the 50-60's during the day but it's starting to get cold in the morning/night (frost advisory tonight)

6 hours ago, Mando said:

Youd be so doomed here m8, i scraped my windscreen of frost this morning, a toasty 3 degrees C 

Oh my god - I dont go to work if its below 50 degrees - I wont get out of bed... its that bad !  lol

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/11/2016 at 0:07 AM, T3X4S said:

Oh my god - I dont go to work if its below 50 degrees - I wont get out of bed... its that bad !  lol

now you know why i was growing the beard :p 

• 1 month later...