Star Trek Future

Yes, Nemises is a good movie, but I hate the fact that they kill Data in the end :angry: I hope they come out with another movie when B4 actually becomes data. If they are they need to hurry up on it.

I think someday we will live in a Star Trek like world, its just a matter of time.

Nah Star Trek is too unrealistic. Their will always be corruption of man in some part of Earth no matter what we do. People have arguments that's the way of the world. Now I could see humanity getting more like star wars. They still have some form or currency and like always, corruption of man.

edit: The only way I see that we could become like star trek is if there was developed a world wide brainwashing of everyone. Even then it wouldn't be completely like the people of star trek. I would even take this out on a limb and say that Futurama has a better guess at what the future holds than star trek.

Star Trek is like what Leave it to Beaver was, an idealistic way we should live that can never be.

And there's no alcohol in the world of the future...only synthehol. That is unless you get some of Picard's green drink.

I think life in 23## is too perfect. Earth is definitely the most boring planet in the quadrant. It's like a quiet suburb outside a big city. :sleep:

And there's no alcohol in the world of the future...only synthehol. That is unless you get some of Picard's green drink.

mmm.... Aldeberan Whiskey (Relics, good episode with Scotty) :)

Headquartered in BC Canada. Hell no. It's nothing but a forest. San Francisco is where is should be. :)

I'd eventually like to see society start to work together on certain projects, such as mass space exploration, however a severe change in world politics and agendas must be made before such a thing should happen.

Before any of this happens, you need first contact. Why are starving kids in Africa or the middle of Timbucktoo going to give a rats ass about space exploration when they can't eat. There's no current viable reason in the world population's mind that is good enough for people to drop what they are doing and take notice of the space issues.

Making first contact with an alien race, whether hostile or not, would push people towards the ideals of space exploration/defense, giving them something new to focus on other than the day to day wealth generation and crap that the world propagandaists... err... the media... feeds to them (brainwashing ******s).

Starfleet was originally brought into service for one purpose: Defense of Earth and the territories that fall under the juristiction of the United Federation of Planets. After the defense of Earth and the UFP territories of Alpha Centauri and Vega were established, exploration and peaceful missions of first contact were slated in as the primary objects.

Sure, exploration is at the forefront of every scientists' mind, and it's on mine too. Unfortunately for the space movement, public interest is not with cold metallic objects that fly in space. It's with the pointless bull**** of hollywood, celebrities doing dumb things, annoying musicians and politicians shaking with one hand and corrupting with the other.

I honestly think that before absolute collective collaboration can be achieved on a project, we need a stable world government, based out of Zurich, entitled the "United Powers League". With the dissolution of the American Presidency, the UK Monarchy/Parliament (House of Lords), Mexican Presidency, Russian Kremlin, German Chancellorship, Canadian Parliament, Japanese Presidency, Austrailian Parliament and other countries individual goverments such as Taiwan, Malaysia, Indonesia, South Korea, Chile, Sweden, South Africa, Norway, Finland, the Netherlands, France, Italy, Spain & Brazil, control of the world's largest, wealthiest and most powerful nations would be put in control by a neutral Swiss party of representatives. Each country would still retain a Governer that would replace their previous leader (IE, a Governer Paul Martin for Canada, Governer George Bush for the US, Governer Vincente Fox for Mexico, etc..), however they would all be working together for the distrbution and equalization of each country. No longer would we have states/provinces/districts. Canada becomes whole. No BC. No Ontario. No PEI. It's broken down into one large zone. Same for all other member countries of this group.

The Governer of the certain member countries (now districts) of the UPL would be responsible for working towards new goals and ideas as layed out by the UPL. Seeing that the economic, manufacturing and military powerhouses of the world are now united under one common goal, the economic system as we have known would now be redundant. With everything able to now be manufactured for us, the scientific and explorative communities of the UPL could concentrate on the development of space based systems for civilian and military use.

A few standard languages would need to be implemented across these regions. English, French, Spanish, Cantonese, Russian and Japanese, eventually mulling down to English, French, Spanish and Japanese which everyone would be required by law to have a firm grasp upon. Unilateral bilingualism.

You wonder what the common members of society would be working with? Corporations would fall under much more scrutiny and under the watchful eye of the UPL. No longer would Corporations be able to buy their way out of certain situations or pressure the government with monetary values. Campaign contributions are no longer permitted. Lobbiests are immediately put out of work. The common members of society are free to enjoy their life, but are still required to go to work for 8 hours a day. It's a barter system.

Your time spent at work manufacturers the goods and providing the services required by the society. When you are off, you are allowed to freely consume the goods/services created/available. Put your time in and you get the rewards. Money is not required.

There is no social security. Anyone eligible to work after finishing mandatory college in the field of your choice begins to work towards the common goals of the society, set by the neutral UPL. When you reach retirement age, you don't sit around. You are automatically enrolled in the UPL elderly consultation cabinet, which recommends ideas on how to achieve certain goals more efficiently, as they have been through the current state of affairs and are best suited to make recommendations.

The 5th ammendment is suspended. The survellience society would be in full swing, with the aide of CSIS/NSA/CIA/Mi-5/Black Ops to crack down on threats to UPL security/survival and crack down on crime. Not much different from today. Everyone would carry a proper electronically encoded, 1024-bit recursive encryption utilizing ID card, containing their birth certificate, health card, drivers license, credit cards, etc. Thumb print & retina scans would identify you to your card, removing nearly 100% of all fraud on those cards. They are keyed to you.

Guns? No. Weapons would be for use as military objects only. Civilians would be prohibited from owning any type of lethal firearm, but would be permitted to own devices capable of temporarily disabling intruders, such as a stun gun, for use in the protection of their home & property.

Crime? Dealt with in a swift manner. Polygraphs replace judges. Jail terms? For minor infractions, you are sentenced to spend time subjected to behaviour change therapy, with the use of UTB-232X sanctioned against you. For major crimes (rape, murder, manslaughter, etc.), you are cryogenically frozen and shipped to the arctic tundra of Canada to be placed into the arctic glacier for storage for an undisclosed amount of time.

Lawsuits? Lawyers/Barristers/Solicitors are outlawed. The Supreme Court is dissolved. The UPL World Courts are enacted and revamp legislation for use across all member districts.

Think of the UPL as something of an evolved version of the European Union, except with much more direct control over every nation to work towards a common goal.

Only with a common government with a neutral governing party can the goals of proper space exploration and colonization be achieved in rapid time.

And there's no alcohol in the world of the future...only synthehol.  That is unless you get some of Picard's green drink.

you know, that earl grey tea is spiked too... :o

mmm.... Aldeberan Whiskey (Relics, good episode with Scotty) :)

Headquartered in BC Canada. Hell no. It's nothing but a forest. San Francisco is where is should be. :)

I'd eventually like to see society start to work together on certain projects, such as mass space exploration, however a severe change in world politics and agendas must be made before such a thing should happen.

Before any of this happens, you need first contact. Why are starving kids in Africa or the middle of Timbucktoo going to give a rats ass about space exploration when they can't eat. There's no current viable reason in the world population's mind that is good enough for people to drop what they are doing and take notice of the space issues.

Making first contact with an alien race, whether hostile or not, would push people towards the ideals of space exploration/defense, giving them something new to focus on other than the day to day wealth generation and crap that the world propagandaists... err... the media... feeds to them (brainwashing ******s).

Starfleet was originally brought into service for one purpose: Defense of Earth and the territories that fall under the juristiction of the United Federation of Planets. After the defense of Earth and the UFP territories of Alpha Centauri and Vega were established, exploration and peaceful missions of first contact were slated in as the primary objects.

Sure, exploration is at the forefront of every scientists' mind, and it's on mine too. Unfortunately for the space movement, public interest is not with cold metallic objects that fly in space. It's with the pointless bull**** of hollywood, celebrities doing dumb things, annoying musicians and politicians shaking with one hand and corrupting with the other.

I honestly think that before absolute collective collaboration can be achieved on a project, we need a stable world government, based out of Zurich, entitled the "United Powers League". With the dissolution of the American Presidency, the UK Monarchy/Parliament (House of Lords), Mexican Presidency, Russian Kremlin, German Chancellorship, Canadian Parliament, Japanese Presidency, Austrailian Parliament and other countries individual goverments such as Taiwan, Malaysia, Indonesia, South Korea, Chile, Sweden, South Africa, Norway, Finland, the Netherlands, France, Italy, Spain & Brazil, control of the world's largest, wealthiest and most powerful nations would be put in control by a neutral Swiss party of representatives. Each country would still retain a Governer that would replace their previous leader (IE, a Governer Paul Martin for Canada, Governer George Bush for the US, Governer Vincente Fox for Mexico, etc..), however they would all be working together for the distrbution and equalization of each country. No longer would we have states/provinces/districts. Canada becomes whole. No BC. No Ontario. No PEI. It's broken down into one large zone. Same for all other member countries of this group.

The Governer of the certain member countries (now districts) of the UPL would be responsible for working towards new goals and ideas as layed out by the UPL. Seeing that the economic, manufacturing and military powerhouses of the world are now united under one common goal, the economic system as we have known would now be redundant. With everything able to now be manufactured for us, the scientific and explorative communities of the UPL could concentrate on the development of space based systems for civilian and military use.

A few standard languages would need to be implemented across these regions. English, French, Spanish, Cantonese, Russian and Japanese, eventually mulling down to English, French, Spanish and Japanese which everyone would be required by law to have a firm grasp upon. Unilateral bilingualism.

You wonder what the common members of society would be working with? Corporations would fall under much more scrutiny and under the watchful eye of the UPL. No longer would Corporations be able to buy their way out of certain situations or pressure the government with monetary values. Campaign contributions are no longer permitted. Lobbiests are immediately put out of work. The common members of society are free to enjoy their life, but are still required to go to work for 8 hours a day. It's a barter system.

Your time spent at work manufacturers the goods and providing the services required by the society. When you are off, you are allowed to freely consume the goods/services created/available. Put your time in and you get the rewards. Money is not required.

There is no social security. Anyone eligible to work after finishing mandatory college in the field of your choice begins to work towards the common goals of the society, set by the neutral UPL. When you reach retirement age, you don't sit around. You are automatically enrolled in the UPL elderly consultation cabinet, which recommends ideas on how to achieve certain goals more efficiently, as they have been through the current state of affairs and are best suited to make recommendations.

The 5th ammendment is suspended. The survellience society would be in full swing, with the aide of CSIS/NSA/CIA/Mi-5/Black Ops to crack down on threats to UPL security/survival and crack down on crime. Not much different from today. Everyone would carry a proper electronically encoded, 1024-bit recursive encryption utilizing ID card, containing their birth certificate, health card, drivers license, credit cards, etc. Thumb print & retina scans would identify you to your card, removing nearly 100% of all fraud on those cards. They are keyed to you.

Guns? No. Weapons would be for use as military objects only. Civilians would be prohibited from owning any type of lethal firearm, but would be permitted to own devices capable of temporarily disabling intruders, such as a stun gun, for use in the protection of their home & property.

Crime? Dealt with in a swift manner. Polygraphs replace judges. Jail terms? For minor infractions, you are sentenced to spend time subjected to behaviour change therapy, with the use of UTB-232X sanctioned against you. For major crimes (rape, murder, manslaughter, etc.), you are cryogenically frozen and shipped to the arctic tundra of Canada to be placed into the arctic glacier for storage for an undisclosed amount of time.

Lawsuits? Lawyers/Barristers/Solicitors are outlawed. The Supreme Court is dissolved. The UPL World Courts are enacted and revamp legislation for use across all member districts.

Think of the UPL as something of an evolved version of the European Union, except with much more direct control over every nation to work towards a common goal.

Only with a common government with a neutral governing party can the goals of proper space exploration and colonization be achieved in rapid time.

I must say that all sounds quite reasonable, sign me up :)

You're right in saying that we need a shift in attitude from the fickle world of celebrity and the selfishness of the 24/7 lifestyle to working toward the common good for all. An eradication of crime and poverty and war etc.. needs to be brought about, and the creation of a more equal world put in place

OK, last time I checked, the people from star trek DO use a form of currency. What it is I dont know, but seeing as though the Ferengi (Don't know if its spelt right) always want latinum, that would suggest that earth have a form of currency to work with. I don't see Anyone ever going without currency. Even if the currency is sheep, (Bad Example), its still currency.

I agree with some of the long winded Lecture, (And it was a lecture) by Simguy. First Contact would definatly force our counrties to unite for a better good. Massive changes in agendas is needed and First contact is likly to give them all the kick in the gonads they need. Not to sure on the name United Powers League though. Dont know why. And I think the swiss thing is just dumb.

This is just my opinion, But I think the language barrier needs to be limited even more that 4. We need 1 really. Now I know this is a biased comment but I vote for English. But French would be satisfactory. I like the idea of all corporations are put under the watchful eye of this setup.

And everything else after that sounds more like a dictatorship than anything else.

Of course we need to take the first step and I think the first step is a long way off.

OK, last time I checked, the people from star trek DO use a form of currency. What it is I dont know, but seeing as though the Ferengi (Don't know if its spelt right) always want latinum, that would suggest that earth have a form of currency to work with. I don't see Anyone ever going without currency. Even if the currency is sheep, (Bad Example), its still currency.

I agree with some of the long winded Lecture, (And it was a lecture) by Simguy. First Contact would definatly force our counrties to unite for a better good. Massive changes in agendas is needed and First contact is likly to give them all the kick in the gonads they need. Not to sure on the name United Powers League though. Dont know why. And I think the swiss thing is just dumb.

This is just my opinion, But I think the language barrier needs to be limited even more that 4. We need 1 really. Now I know this is a biased comment but I vote for English. But French would be satisfactory. I like the idea of all corporations are put under the watchful eye of this setup.

And everything else after that sounds more like a dictatorship than anything else.

Of course we need to take the first step and I think the first step is a long way off.

Well, Earth itself doesn't use currency, although it does seem people keep some around for other worlds.

and which are going to be the selected ones to live in that future?

the freaks fans of ST / SW / LOTR / D&D ?

those who got the original dresses from the series/movies/comics and know how to speak klingonish, vulcanborgish ? :wacko:

Beamy ! scott me up!!

its gonna be a weird future :woot: !!!

post-92-1073796985.jpg

I 101% agree with that statement!

Too bad DS9 is really too done to make a movie. Everyone moved on to some place else. At least with TNG they were together at the end of the series.

Hmmm funny that in First Contact, Picard mentioned that there was no currency being used by earth.

Ermm... no... Worf was off somewhere else, but he always happened to show up.

The timing of his arrivals were always perfect.