What was the last movie you watched? (2016 Edition)

On 7/8/2016 at 2:54 PM, PeteWhite said:

Eye in the Sky

eye-in-the-sky-poster-lg.jpg

9.5/10

9.5 in my opinion is waaayyy too high - but it was a good film.  Unique in that it dealt with a side that most war movies never deal with.

7/10

On 8/26/2016 at 8:52 PM, T3X4S said:

Agreed - loved how you never knew the truth - then the ending was unexpected and, as my fiance said, "right up my alley"

See, that to me got old.  It was okay at first.. but then it was too much  "Truth.. lie.. maybe? Definitely the truth, nope must be a lie, well I dunno. "  Then the ending.. I was like: Uh.. make the whole movie about THAT not the lead up to it...

• 2 weeks later...

I love movies on actual events, and real people. Free State of Jones did not disappoint. I'm adding this one to my list of reasons on why movie goers should take caution when reading the reviews of critics. 8/10

freestateposter.jpg

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, JHBrown said:

I love movies on actual events, and real people. Free State of Jones did not disappoint. I'm adding this one to my list of reasons on why movie goers should take caution when reading the reviews of critics. 8/10

freestateposter.jpg

My brother told me to watch this.  We were having a dicussion about the Sovereign Citizen nutbags & he had just seen this.

1 minute ago, T3X4S said:

My brother told me to watch this.  We were having a dicussion about the Sovereign Citizen nutbags & he had just seen this.

Almost two and a half hours long, however, it felt like it was only half that time. I actually wanted more. I don't usually say that about long movies.

13 minutes ago, Danielx64 said:

That's too long IMO

It was 2:19:55 to be exact. Credits included. Actual movie was about 2:15:00. When you lose track of time, the movie's good. :yes:

3 hours ago, Danielx64 said:

That's too long IMO

How can you say thats too long if you havent seen the movie ?  Length(time) is relative.  If it is the best movie you've ever seen - it wouldnt seem that long, and you would want more.
If it was the last movie ever to be made of a series you have loved - you wouldnt want it to end.

If its horrible, 2 minutes is too long.

Star Trek Beyond was the last movie I watched.  It was....ok...but did not have the same appeal as the others.  Also, not sure how the next one will be considering the death of Anton Yelchin

• 3 weeks later...

MV5BNDc5Mzg2NTYxNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMjQ2

A commendable performance by Fatfleck, enough to carry the movie, a lot of franchise opportunity. However, there were a couple of misses for me:

1. Not enough backstory into the accountant and his OCD, why, etc.  This was an origin story, but didnt feel like It

2. Cummings was under played IMO

3. No info on who british lady (again sequel I guess)

4. Such a big deal was made out of the trailer, yet no other info was given

5. The estranged brother relationship was not explained.

All in all, for the whole i'd say nice sunday movie flick  7/10

MV5BNTAyOTkxNTQ3NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMjQ1

Seeing as Drive and Only God Forgives, both were awesomesauce. However Nicolas Winding Refn, seems to rely a we bit into flashing shock moments in your face, don't get me wrong, the intro, with the flashing lights, was superbly executed, if I had watched in the cinema I wouldve probably gone into epileptic shock. the plot is severely lacking, as well as character development.

5/10

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/10/2016 at 7:14 PM, The Evil Overlord said:

Alice, Through the Looking Glass

alice-through-the-looking-glass-poster-alice.jpg

7/10

Surprisingly good, as it wasn't a movie I would have normally watched

Agreed, I felt a bit short and lagged a bit with the time bit, but really watchable, someone though, I feel the movie should be named (as the first one as well) Mad Hatter through the looking glass.

• Like 2

Gringo the Dangerous life of John McAfee.

Only half way through watching this and wow, holy ####ing wow!

I knew he'd lost the plot at some point, but it goes waaaaay back, and much deeper/darker than I ever thought.

He's like some sort of Film, TV Show, Comic book, genius, psycho, philanthropist, bad guy.

I don't know what to make of it/him.

I admire his tenacity and success, but at the same time, he's one twisted mother f###er.

That much money, and therefor power, in the hands of... not your average Joe... Well, there will be some stories to tell, at the very least.

MV5BMjE5OTM0OTY5NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMDcx

5 out of 5

A really fantastic movie, showing us how much we filter what we say around our children.

"In the forests of the Pacific Northwest, a father devoted to raising his six kids with a rigorous physical and intellectual education is forced to leave his paradise and enter the world, challenging his idea of what it means to be a parent."

Star Trek Beyond

fd5067a1-fb5b-48bd-ab77-f22a7cef2240.jpg

Ok so I've already seen it, but I bought it to complement the other 2, a good movie, great little easter eggs for trekkies, I personally felt some parts of the movie had a very Babylon 5 'feel' to it, but that's not a bad thing as I liked B5

• Like 1

On 9/25/2016 at 0:14 AM, JHBrown said:

freestateposter.jpg

I loved this movie, the acting was amazing, it felt like you were right there in the time period with them. The only part I didn't really like was

The whole second half of the movie with them going back and forth between the trial, it took me some time to figure out who was on trial and for what, it just kind of seemed out of place!

I just finished watching 

The-BFG-Movie-Poster-crop.jpg

Very well done movie, I would give it 9/10 just because there were a few things that were not explained!

On 9/9/2016 at 11:16 PM, The Evil Overlord said:

Jason Bourne

images.jpg

5/10

Wasn't brilliant, just wasn't bad, his earlier Bourne movies were better

I watched that last night, I have been a fan of the series so got the digital collection.   I thought it was a good continuation of the franchise. 

Spoiler

I was thinking this might have been the grand finale' closing off the series but It did not appear that way in the end.

I would rate it 7/10,  better than the previous film, but not as the  others.

• 2 weeks later...

At a glance, I didn't see a place to share which TV shows you might currently be watching, so I thought I'd just stick this in here..

Horace and Pete

sy4dwBu27FzlonyQbmCycSIfEUd.jpg

I've only watched the first episode, and while it wasn't what I was expecting, I think I'm gonna like it.

Also, check out Louie if you're interested. His stand-up comedy is great too.

• 2 weeks later...