Plasma, in your pocket

Plasma Phone is a complete software stack for mobile devices that consists of the following technologies:

plasma-screen-1

plasma-screen-7

plasma-screen-5

plasma-screen-4

It is build to be potentially running many Qt/GTK/X11-based applications, for example:

Plasma apps, Ubuntu Touch (.click) apps, Gnome apps (e.g.GnomeChess), X11 (e.g.xmame) and possibly other Qt-based apps like Sailfish OS or Nemo. Packages can be installed by “apt-get install packagename”.

i  have to say from the screenshots, it looks damn sexy.  here is a video prototype:

anyone on a nexus 5 wanna try this out? 

7 minutes ago, HawkMan said:

This is going to be as great as Ubuntu phone.

not sure sir. wasn't ubuntu phone software and hardware related? this seems to be just software which should make for an easier and faster development.

7 hours ago, Simon Lang 9047 said:

not sure sir. wasn't ubuntu phone software and hardware related? this seems to be just software which should make for an easier and faster development.

it was both. well it was three things.

it was the phone with the OS. it was the OS that you could install on other phones, and it was or was supposed to be a launcher and software package.

Somehow plasma always looks like it's 5 years behind the current design trend...

I don't see this having any chance on being succesfull, even ubuntu phone hasn't got the succes it wanted which I assume had a lot more developers and a bigger budget.