Let's play Solitaire!

+warwagon

24708566391_280c7af9b4_c.jpg'

• Like 4
Jared-

Dude, who really cares? Things change, move along with it, or whinge. 

The majority of people who probably use the built in games, are still older versions of Windows. 

+virtorio
1 minute ago, Jared- said:

Dude, who really cares? Things change, move along with it, or whinge. 

I've seen a bunch of people complain about this, so to answer your question, a bunch of people. 

• Like 2
+JHBrown

And here I thought Windows 10 was suppose to make life easier.:pinch:

LimeMaster

I just knew this was going to be another warwagon thread, especially after seeing this thread:

I honestly prefer the new Windows 8/10 Modern versions of stuff like Minesweeper, Mahjong, Solitaire, .etc. To me, it seems like they put more effort into them than the Vista/7 counterparts. 

• Like 2
+Zagadka

I'm a fan of the Win10 MS game sets. They look good and sync well. After you log in once, you just launch Solitaire and select your game.

If your biggest problem in anything is "it takes two clicks to play solitaire"... you've got issues.

+JHBrown
1 minute ago, LimeMaster said:

I just knew this was going to be another warwagon thread, especially after seeing this thread:

I honestly prefer the new Windows 8/10 Modern versions of stuff like Minesweeper, Mahjong, Solitaire, .etc. To me, it seems like you put more effort into them than the Vista/7 counterparts. 

Personally, I prefer the older way. You click, you play. All that signing in to play BS can kick rocks. Some games, I just want to play without any other connected features.:yes:

techbeck

I just load the Win7 games on Win10

LimeMaster
1 minute ago, JHBrown said:

Personally, I prefer the older way. You click, you play. All that signing in to play BS can kick rocks. Some games, I just want to play without any other connected features.:yes:

Signing in is entirely optional, but I guess it's fine if you prefer the pre-Vista bundled games.

• Like 1
+JHBrown
10 minutes ago, LimeMaster said:

Signing in is entirely optional, but I guess it's fine if you prefer the pre-Vista bundled games.

Optional is good then. When buying games, the whole social, always connected features, plays a big part in my buying decision. You can't compare Solitaire to Sim City, but the whole social aspect of that game stopped me from buying that title. I've passed on numerous games since then because of that. I can see the attraction for those that like that though.

• Like 1
Draggendrop

As a note, you can download the windows 8 games package ( multiple sites online) and use it on Windows 10. I have used it in the insider builds and as upgraded Windows 10 RTM with cumulative updates. I imagine that a few of us are in locales where being online is not an option at times, and this works well. I find that the stand alone Windows 8 games are good enough for mild entertainment.

:)

LimeMaster
14 hours ago, JHBrown said:

Optional is good then. When buying games, the whole social, always connected features, plays a big part in my buying decision. You can't compare Solitaire to Sim City, but the whole social aspect of that game stopped me from buying that title. I've passed on numerous games since then because of that. I can see the attraction for those that like that though.

That's perfectly understandable. Most people couldn't even play the game at launch due to the servers being overloaded.  

+warwagon
16 hours ago, Zagadka said:

I'm a fan of the Win10 MS game sets. They look good and sync well. After you log in once, you just launch Solitaire and select your game.

If your biggest problem in anything is "it takes two clicks to play solitaire"... you've got issues.

Well in the screenshot above it's 5 clicks.

+devHead

Warwagon, I'm assuming it took more than 2 minutes to create the screenshots and post it.  Besides, the 5 step scenario you describe in your shots above happen on first launch, not each and every time, right? 

+warwagon
1 minute ago, devHead said:

Warwagon, I'm assuming it took more than 2 minutes to create the screenshots and post it.  Besides, the 5 step scenario you describe in your shots above happen on first launch, not each and every time, right? 

3 clicks if you have clicked "Don' show me these instructions again" ... 4 Clicks if you don't.

Draconian Guppy
1 minute ago, devHead said:

or you could, you know, create a gasp... shortcut!

• Like 1
+Zagadka
10 hours ago, warwagon said:

Well in the screenshot above it's 5 clicks.

I happen to be playing Solitaire right now. It didn't take 5 clicks. It took two. One: Launch Solitaire app. Two: Click type of solitaire.

+Raze
4 minutes ago, Zagadka said:

I happen to be playing Solitaire right now. It didn't take 5 clicks. It took two. One: Launch Solitaire app. Two: Click type of solitaire.

Same here 2 clicks.    Whew!   

• Like 1
Draggendrop

/s   yep....2 clicks.....one to pull the hammer back, two to shoot....game over for today.....:woot: