Mupen64Plus-PyTK 16.2.7

Question

I just released an update for my Linux launcher for Mupen64Plus.  I made quite a few changes and updates to this version.

You can download it here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/mupen64plusgtk/

It's open source and licensed under the GNU GPL v3.  It's written in Python so everything is in plain text format (the installer/uninstaller is just a shell script) so if you're curious about what it does exactly you can just open it up in your favorite text editor and read it.

Here's the changelog:

- Renamed the project to Mupen64Plus-PyTK since it uses Python and TKinter and not GTK.
- Added some line breaks and spaces for white space.
- Removed the "oldstable" folder that contained the original BASH script I used to launch my Mupen64Plus games.
- Added a function that allows the initial setup process to check various default locations for the Mupen64Plus executable, making the initial setup process easier since users don't have to go digging around to figure out where their particular version of their particular distribution put it.
- Set up support for a hidden ".mupen64plus-pytk" folder in the user's home directory for storing some config files and the Mupen64Plus log.
- Replaced Windows command for Internet Explorer with "start" so that it will launch the user's default browser regardless of what it is. Also gets around the phasing out of Internet Explorer in lieu of Microsoft Edge.
- Fixed the issue where games that contained apostrophes, like "Majora's Mask" would fail to run. Some special characters, like quotation marks, may still break some games.
- Installer and Uninstaller written
- Readme updated
- Updated EasyGUI to v0.97
- Changed name of main executable to avoid confusion with Mupen64Plus itself

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet