Get ready for your next objective, hero—the Overwatch Closed Beta returns February 9!

Since the last round of testing, our technicians back in Winston’s lab have been hard at work analyzing field data and building out several new features and updates, including:

• An all-new progression system
  • Two new maps, including a new game mode
  • Several hero balance updates
  • A variety of Private Game updates, including A.I. matches

As a Closed Beta tester, you’ll have a chance to check out all of these changes and more when the game returns to active duty on February 9. If you already have Overwatch installed, the Battle.net desktop app will update the game automatically shortly before the Closed Beta comes back online.

To learn more, check out our announcement on www.playoverwatch.com. 

See you on the battlefield! 

-The Overwatch Team 

Patch Notes

And I hope I'll see you in the game!

Mirumir#1262 (the EU server)

1 hour ago, theyarecomingforyou said:

I registered for the beta a while back but it seems I've not been lucky.

Bummer, sorry to hear, wish I could help.

1 hour ago, Mirumir said:

Bummer, sorry to hear, wish I could help.

It's alright, I'll get to play it eventually. :)

41 minutes ago, theyarecomingforyou said:

It's alright, I'll get to play it eventually. :)

I'm just wondering how they send the invites out and if making recent purchases counts or not. Did you buy anything from Blizzard last year?

Hopefully, the open beta isn't far off and you'll get a chance.

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Andrew said:

Me too :cry: Counting down the days until the open beta!

If only Blizzard understood the concept of what "open" beta means...

This and Battleborn are the only FPS im looking forward to this year. Doom a little bit but not as a first day buy. I like how Overwatch has a nice $49.99 price on PC. They have a $59.99 version but it doesn't offer anything I want, extra skins and bonuses for other games I don't have. Now let me in the beta.

22 minutes ago, HawkMan said:

If only Blizzard understood the concept of what "open" beta means...

Do you mean this in the sense that their open beta period is too short for a beta? They've said open beta is coming May 5 for anyone who wants in.

10 minutes ago, Terrigamer said:

Do you mean this in the sense that their open beta period is too short for a beta? They've said open beta is coming May 5 for anyone who wants in.

Battlenet says "open" beta is only for pre orders. 

3 minutes ago, HawkMan said:

Battlenet says "open" beta is only for pre orders. 

Want a chance to check out Overwatch ahead of its May 24 launch? Form a team of friends and try out the team shooter of tomorrow in the Overwatch Open Beta, coming in early May to PC, PS4™, and Xbox One!

As a newly added bonus, if you pre-purchase Overwatch for any platform digitally or at selected retailers by April 29, you’ll also get early access to the Open Beta for you and a friend from May 3–4. After that, everyone will have a chance to play free during an all-access Open Beta period from May 5–9.

http://eu.battle.net/overwatch/en/blog/20055970

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Jack W said:

Had a quick ponder at this game. How is everyone finding it? :)

It's awesome :) 

Applied to be in the beta on day one over a year ago, never heard a peep sadly. Getting a "new" machine in a few weeks (a Dell Precision M6700 with a nice Nvidia Quadro K4000M GPU w/4GB of RAM in it) and hoping that'll be able to keep up with the game even though it's just over 3 years old now. The K4000M is based on the GTX 680M mobile GPU but with about 50% less shaders (960 instead of the 1536 the 680M has). From what I've read I should be able to play fairly well at 1280x720 resolution which is fine with me, never was much for super duper high res games - framerate is life, something I learned from being a competitive Quake I/II/III player many years ago.

Even in spite of not getting into the beta at all I'll still probably buy the game at release just because it looks like a lot of fun to play around with even if I don't really get sucked into it like I did in the days when Quake ruled the online gaming world.

22 minutes ago, br0adband said:

Applied to be in the beta on day one over a year ago, never heard a peep sadly. Getting a "new" machine in a few weeks (a Dell Precision M6700 with a nice Nvidia Quadro K4000M GPU w/4GB of RAM in it) and hoping that'll be able to keep up with the game even though it's just over 3 years old now. The K4000M is based on the GTX 680M mobile GPU but with about 50% less shaders (960 instead of the 1536 the 680M has). From what I've read I should be able to play fairly well at 1280x720 resolution which is fine with me, never was much for super duper high res games - framerate is life, something I learned from being a competitive Quake I/II/III player many years ago.

Even in spite of not getting into the beta at all I'll still probably buy the game at release just because it looks like a lot of fun to play around with even if I don't really get sucked into it like I did in the days when Quake ruled the online gaming world.

You can play the open beta between May 5th and 9th.

Players who have pre-purchased or pre-ordered Overwatch by April 29 will be eligible for early access starting May 3. 

Q. Will my progress from the Open Beta carry over to the launch version of the game? 
A. No. All progression including skins, rewards, levels, and stats gained during the Open Beta will be reset at launch. This includes any progression gained during the early access portion, as well.