WHY

Using Edge

When you're posting in a topic and have your cursor in the text field, selecting texts, and you hit backspace it directs the BROWSER back!?! So frustrating. If I have my cursor in a text field this should not ever happen.

Also, why when you're quoting do you get a whole nest of quotes from previous posters?!? I'm only quoting one person, not the whole damn thread.

I don't even post here often anymore and it's just BS what you have to go through.

screen.png

5 hours ago, Bryan R. said:

Using Edge...

I think I found the problem. ;)

Honestly though, this is not a problem with the site. It can't be replicated in other browsers, so there isn't much for the developers to do on their side. Especially with the browser being Edge, which I personally consider to still be in a development stage.

5 hours ago, Bryan R. said:

Using Edge

When you're posting in a topic and have your cursor in the text field, selecting texts, and you hit backspace it directs the BROWSER back!?! So frustrating. If I have my cursor in a text field this should

Also, why when you're quoting do you get a whole nest of quotes from previous posters?!? I'm only quoting one person, not the whole damn thread.

I don't even post here often anymore and it's just BS what you have to go through.

screen.png

This behavior doesn't present itself in Edge on my system (I highlighted and backspaced "not ever happen.").  Also quoting only brings up one quote (see below...note it didn't include you which Nick quoted)

17 minutes ago, Nick H. said:

I think I found the problem. ;)

Honestly though, this is not a problem with the site. It can't be replicated in other browsers, so there isn't much for the developers to do on their side. Especially with the browser being Edge, which I personally consider to still be in a development stage.

...so I dunno???  Something on your computer maybe (not yours Nick but Bryan's)

I hear you on that quoting issue. Every time I'm just replying and NOT quoting, the person I'm replying to still gets quoted. Site still has tons of bugs that make using this place some what of a pain.

most browsers since IE6 usually smart enough to disable "press backspace to go to previous history" when its detect the caret/cursor are in editbox or textbox area.

so yeah its must be problem in your Edge, i don't use Edge tho.

I was trying to manipulate the quotes, moving them around. So I had a quote box selected and hit backspace a few times and suddenly I'm 5 pages backwards.

The nested quotes are a problem though that is clearly seen throughout the site.