"Wolverine 3" Targeting R Rating

55 minutes ago, George P said:

The 2nd wolverine movie could have been a R to if they bothered to add any sort of realistic blood spray, yet with all the people getting stabbed and I don't remember seeing a drop hit the floor.

It could have been R, but would that help? It was pretty ###### if you ask me, and no amount of blood spray could have saved the horrible third act.

17 minutes ago, Syanide said:

It could have been R, but would that help? It was pretty ###### if you ask me, and no amount of blood spray could have saved the horrible third act.

Probably not, I was only pointing out the thin line between PG-13 and a R in this case.  I think if they want to go with a good, close to the comics, story for the 3rd movie then it'll end up with a R rating, just look at any wolverine comics out there. They could just as well censor the action again and make it PG-13 but the key thing deadpools success showed is that you don't have to tone down things from the original comic book version which has always been a issue.

• 2 months later...

Wolverine 3 Confirmed To Be Rated R, Has Begun Filming

X-Men film franchise producer Simons Kinberg has confirmed that Wolverine 3 has begun filming.

The film will be Hugh Jackman’s final performance as Wolverine, and Kinberg promises this movie will stand out from previous installments in the series.

“It’s a very radical, bold, different Wolverine than you’ve ever seen in any of these movies,” Kinberg tells Collider.

While Kinberg stopped short of confirming that Patrick Stewart will be reprising his role as Professor X for the film, he did confirm that Wolverine 3 will be R-rated.

“I’m not sure what I’m allowed to say about that,” Kinberg said. “I will agree with you that Patrick Stewart was rumored to be a part of that film. It takes place in the future, and as you and others have reported, it is an R-rated movie. It’s violent, it’s kind of like a western in its tone. It’s just a very cool, different film.”

The film being R-rated, set in the future, and having the tone of a western all fall in line with rumors that the movie will be based on Mark Millar and Steve McNiven’s 2008-2009 “Old Man Logan” story, which involved Wolverine travelling cross-country in a dystopian future where the supervillains had won.

http://comicbook.com/2016/05/09/wolverine-3-confirmed-to-be-rated-r-has-begun-filming/

• Like 1

First, I loved Deadpool-- the comic and the true-to-form movie adaption.

So let's look at Wolverine. His weapon is a set of near-indestructible claws. I absolutely hate 

movies/TV Shows that give a character what are basically lethal-only weapons but then that

character never kills anyone. Get real. You're dealing with a character that literally chops

people up.. it needs an "R" Rating because Hitchcock violence just doesn't appease the

audience anymore, and Wolverine is all about violence. He's Wolverine, not Ghandi.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, McCordRm said:

First, I loved Deadpool-- the comic and the true-to-form movie adaption.

So let's look at Wolverine. His weapon is a set of near-indestructible claws. I absolutely hate 

movies/TV Shows that give a character what are basically lethal-only weapons but then that

character never kills anyone. Get real. You're dealing with a character that literally chops

people up.. it needs an "R" Rating because Hitchcock violence just doesn't appease the

audience anymore, and Wolverine is all about violence. He's Wolverine, not Ghandi.

I agree, and he does kill people, it's just the other movies have shown it in a way that it's tame.   There should be a good bit of blood splattering all over the place as he's chopping up/stabbing people and so on.   Having "clean" fights in the movies was one thing people didn't like.

Plus the old man logan comic gets pretty gory at times.

• 4 weeks later...

The Wolverine Sequel Budget Revealed.

An application to film in Louisiana has revealed The Wolverine sequel’s budget is $127 million. The film began filming in early May. The film will be Hugh Jackman’s final time playing Marvel’s most popular mutant.

http://comicbook.com/2016/05/31/the-wolverine-sequel-budget-revealed/

• Like 1

‘Wolverine 3’ Villains Revealed

Wolverine 3 is currently shooting in New Orleans and that means that scoops are beginning to break about the production. We already know that the third Wolverine film — reportedly the last time Hugh Jackman will portray the character — will be aiming for an R rating and will take some inspiration from the Old Man Logan comic story. Today’s news gives us even more info about the film, but you may consider some of this spoilers so go away if you want to remain pure.

The word is that the Reavers will be one of the main antagonist forces in the movie. The Reavers are a group of cyborgs known for their hatred of mutants. How they will be utilized in the movie remains to be seen, but it’s obvious from their inclusion means that Logan will have a number of adversaries to face this time around.

What makes this an interesting bit of news is the fact that one of Wolverine’s greatest foes, Lady Deathstrike, is one of the more prominent members of the Reavers. Even though she was used sparsely in X2: X-Men United, the events of X-Men: Days of Future Past essentially rewrote the entire continuity of the X-Men film canon. It’s possible that Lady Deathstrike could make a reappearance for Logan’s final adventure.

http://fandom.wikia.com/articles/wolverine-3-villains-revealed

Wolverine 3 Rumored To Be Titled Weapon X.

Rumors suggest that the 20th Century Fox’s third Wolverine movie will be titled Weapon X. The title would share a name with the secret government genetics research organization from the Marvel Universe that removed Logan’s memories and grafted adamantium to his skeleton, turning him into a feral killing machine. The title was also used for a Barry Windsor-Smith story published in Marvel Comics Presents that showed these experiments for the first time.

The report from GameZone also claims that the film’s title, along with the first bit of footage and a poster, will be revealed at San Diego Comic-Con 2016. GameZone learned this information from sources they “assure” us are reliable. Wolverine appeared as Weapon X in X-Men: Apocalypse and the post-credits scene showed the Essex Corporation taking possession of the project’s data, so the title would seem to be a natural follow-up. The film’s villains will be a mad scientist and a corporate executive, both of which would be at home in a film focusing on the shady government organization.

http://comicbook.com/2016/06/07/wolverine-3-rumored-to-be-titled-weapon-x/

• 2 weeks later...

Apocalypse was by far the best out of all 6 Xmen movies - I can't love that movie enough! Was just perfect!

As for those images - Wolverine isn't supposed to have grey hair :|

On 2/25/2016 at 5:52 AM, George P said:

There really can't be a tame wolverine movie, if you want to be true to the source material like they did with deadpool, which is why it is so good, then you need a pretty bloody and violent version, just look at the comics, there's guys getting claws to the neck and stuff, R all thy way and watch the money come in.

Those few, precious minutes of Wolverine in the latest movie were a work of art. Made the movie for me. No one can dispense death like he does :)

Rest of the movie was ok, but the X-Men movies never were on the same level as the Avenger flix.

On 2/17/2016 at 4:43 PM, DConnell said:

I can - while he played Logan well, Jackman was never a particularly good match for the character. Wolverine is 5'1", for one thing. I've accepted Hugh as Logan because finding a short actor who looked right and had the right prescence for the character would have been very difficult. While he wasn't a good physical match, he had the right presence for Wolvie. Besides, he was far from the worst fit to a character in the X-Men films - that would be Storm.

But ultimately, Wolverine is one of my least favorite comic characters, so I wasn't too concerned about who they cast.

Maybe with Jackman gone, they'll shift the spotlight to some of the other, more interesting X-Men?

Like Ororo Munroe, for example?

And no - it has absolutely DIDDLY to do with sex.

Look up Ororo Munroe on the Marvel Wikia (which covers her pre-Xavier years) - a diamond-mine of unexplored information.  (In fact, not even the X-Men COMICS went into most of it.)

The same is true of other X-MEN - both male and female alike.  (Raven Darkholme, AKA Mystique, for example.  What happened between her de-powering (X-MEN: Last Stand) and her re-joining the X-MEN (X-Men: Apocalypse)?  How is she dealing with the death of her original crush - Charles Xavier?  A ton of unanswered questions.)

8 hours ago, PGHammer said:

Like Ororo Munroe, for example?

And no - it has absolutely DIDDLY to do with sex.

Look up Ororo Munroe on the Marvel Wikia (which covers her pre-Xavier years) - a diamond-mine of unexplored information.  (In fact, not even the X-Men COMICS went into most of it.)

The same is true of other X-MEN - both male and female alike.  (Raven Darkholme, AKA Mystique, for example.  What happened between her de-powering (X-MEN: Last Stand) and her re-joining the X-MEN (X-Men: Apocalypse)?  How is she dealing with the death of her original crush - Charles Xavier?  A ton of unanswered questions.)

Oh, I know. I've read most of the comics until around 2001. Ororo is certainly a wealth of untapped potential. Pretty much any X-Man from the early days to the end of the Claremont era is.

We're going to be without wolverine for a bit I expect after this movie, I hope it introduces X-force, and we get that movie.  They'll circle around after a few years and bring in some new actor to play wolverine when the time is right.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looks good at first i thought looked like some budget family film about the guys dying father and his daughter. But as many said it's a nice build up to what's to come and also good to see Wolferine in this new "old" look.

• Like 2