Question about video capture + editing

I am going to trandfer old VHS tapes (home videos) to the computer and then burn them to DVD. (actually kinda already started)...

Anyone got any suggestions about what program is a good one to use and also what capture rate i should capture at (i have used Pinacle Studio 8 at the highest but for every 2 hours of recording it takes about 25 gb) seems a lot to me... Any suggestions would help.

Thanks

I would like to know this. I would like to put them on like a VCD or SVCD. After answering SK8Surfr's question, does anyone know a website that would help making good menus for a SVCD?

definitely

www.dvdrhelp.com

kicks some major ass

oh and you NEED tmpgenc -- google that--it converts stuff to vcd, dvd, svcd, xvcd, whatever--its excellent---use nero to burn or some equivelent

oh and you NEED tmpgenc -- google that--it converts stuff to vcd, dvd, svcd, xvcd, whatever--its excellent---use nero to burn or some equivelent

That is another one of my problems... When i use NeroVision Express to burn my composed vidoe.... When the screen appears for creating chapters i create my chapers but then on the next screen comes the DVD main menu screen and every chapter that i have created becomes a different scene selection. I mean i like that and all but i would lke that on a different page becasue otherwise i have like 20+ chapters for one 2 hour clip and then another 20+ for the other 2 hour clip and it gets all jumbled and confusing...

Any suggestions?

Thanks

wtf??????

Try using a version of nero that is not "express" . . . you'll prob have more options.

sir... i believe these forms are for serios posters only and also for those here to help other. This negative attitude does not help anyone and does nothing good for neowin. Please stop in these hostile responses.

sir... i believe these forms are for serios posters only and also for those here to help other.  This negative attitude does not help anyone and does nothing good for neowin.  Please stop in these hostile responses.

It's also for people asking questions and getting stupid answers. Deal. I couldn't find anything in the help menu in nero, possibly because there wasn't one in the version i have :happy:, but I'm sure the answer is there, in other words RTFM aka the help menu. If you did so and couldn't figure it out then state so before you ask for help. Reading is essential people... and I don't know if I'll never be able to watch the Simpsons again after your misuse of that avatar.