Windows 10 build 14267 question

I'm not quite sure how it can be set to "release preview". Mine gives me the option of "Fast" or "Slow".  You'll need to have that slider all the way to the right in order to get 14267 at this point.  And, after a recent clean install of the ISO available currently at the Insider download site, it took mine about 18 hours, with several restarts and checks for updates to finally get the offer of 14267.

insider.JPG

2 hours ago, chrisj1968 said:

I have my insider preview slider set to "release preview". has 14267 not made it to this ring? i'm quite interested in moving up.

You will only get 14267 if you have yours set to Fast ring. Release Preview is even slower than Slow ring.  14267 has only been released to the Fast ring.

Just now, devHead said:

You will only get 14267 if you have yours set to Fast ring. Release Preview is even slower than Slow ring.  14267 has only been released to the Fast ring.

ok thanks a million. I'll be patient and wait. oh btw, any ETA on the 14267 hitting the preview release ring?

7 minutes ago, devHead said:

Interesting!  I never even knew that was an option.  Now I know... and knowing is half the battle... or something along those lines.  :rofl:

Edited by BeerFan
i'm a spelling / grammar nazi

1 minute ago, BeerFan said:

Interesting!  I never even knew that was an option.  Now I know... and knowing is half the battle... or some thing along those lines.  :rofl:

It's a relatively new addition to the 'ring' of those who want to try out the preview, but don't want to be running potentially unstable software.  Of course, I've noticed that since I've received the Fast ring release (14267), there is no more option for 'Release Preview'.  Only Fast and Slow; this makes sense since if you've downloaded the fast ring build, you can't really switch to the release preview build.

• Like 2

I have a question regarding 14267: Does anyone have a build that is not corrupt? Every install of 14267 (fresh from ISO or upgrade from WU) shows corruption of the store.

1 minute ago, Bryan R. said:

I have a question regarding 1426: Does any have a build that is not corrupt? Every install of 14267 (fresh from ISO or upgrade from WU) shows corruption of the store.

Well, that's a completely separate question, and probably better handled in a separate post.  But, to answer it: I have no idea. Mine installed perfectly fine. I may be completely clueless as to how / where you are seeing the corruption, though.

2 minutes ago, BeerFan said:

Well, that's a completely separate question, and probably better handled in a separate post.  But, to answer it: I have no idea. Mine installed perfectly fine. I may be completely clueless as to how / where you are seeing the corruption, though.

In an elevated CMD > DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth

There is only one package that consistently shows up corrupted: Windows SenseClient and I don't know what it's for.

This came down on the Insider Program a couple of days ago. . .been running it for two days now.  As to problems like the store, that is a chance if you are an insider.  the whole idea behind the insider program is you will be do basically beta testing for Microsoft, thus complaining about problems is just silly, you are a tester, let MS know of the problem. . .:)

1 minute ago, Pam14160 said:

This came down on the Insider Program a couple of days ago. . .been running it for two days now.  As to problems like the store, that is a chance if you are an insider.  the whole idea behind the insider program is you will be do basically beta testing for Microsoft, thus complaining about problems is just silly, you are a tester, let MS know of the problem. . .:)

Who said anything about complaining... I regularly do DISM checks after upgrades specifically to find issues like this to report...

55 minutes ago, Bryan R. said:

Who said anything about complaining... I regularly do DISM checks after upgrades specifically to find issues like this to report...

. . .boy you take things personally . . .:)

7 minutes ago, Pam14160 said:

. . .boy you take things personally . . .:)

I could say you don't take things seriously enough, but what point does that really make... Surely you don't think Microsoft intends to ship out corrupt or broken packages?

19 hours ago, BeerFan said:

I'm not quite sure how it can be set to "release preview". Mine gives me the option of "Fast" or "Slow".  You'll need to have that slider all the way to the right in order to get 14267 at this point.  And, after a recent clean install of the ISO available currently at the Insider download site, it took mine about 18 hours, with several restarts and checks for updates to finally get the offer of 14267.

insider.JPG

I got preview release on the far left of the slider. I did a reinstall and I have preview release, slow ring and fast ring

6 hours ago, chrisj1968 said:

I got preview release on the far left of the slider. I did a reinstall and I have preview release, slow ring and fast ring

Yep, I learned about that option as a result of this post, so thanks!