"All Lives Matter" = New racial slur according to BLM co-founder Marissa Johnson

1 minute ago, Showan said:

this is the dumbest question ever.  BLM doesnt equate to nobody else but blacks matter.

it equates to we are human as well, bleed the same blood as well, breath the same air as well...

dont hold the color of my skin against me is what it means...

the color of my skin does effect my life depending on the day of the week... can you say the same?

Yes, being white is a huge disadvantage (legally) in today's age. Everyone has protection except for the white male.

8 minutes ago, Showan said:

this is the dumbest question ever.  BLM doesnt equate to nobody else but blacks matter.

it equates to we are human as well, bleed the same blood as well, breath the same air as well...

dont hold the color of my skin against me is what it means...

the color of my skin does effect my life depending on the day of the week... can you say the same?

I say get out of the 60's many people were discriminated against, the Irish, The Asian. We rounded up Japanese during WWII , has that happened to Blacks. All lives matter we are all Brothers. But you have people like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton that make a living out of stiring up racial hatred. I am sure that this is Not what Dr. Martin Luther King's Dream was all about.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, jjkusaf said:

Apologies.  I should have said "New" Black Panther Party...not the original Black Panthers.  

Actually...yes...yes I have.  My vehicle doesn't "match" the neighborhood I live in and last year a cop tailed me for a good mile before turning on his lights as I pulled into my neighborhood so I pulled into my driveway while opening the garage door.  His first question was "oh, you live here?".  Then he proceeded to say that he pulled me over because I didn't have month/year stickers on my Texas plates...which we don't have month/year stickers.  So...alrighty then.  

Also, don't presume to know me or the neighborhood I grew up in...hell I was "white trash".  I joined the military with nothing but the clothes on my back and a few bucks to my name.  As I mentioned previously...blaming others or rioting absolutely does nothing to further the advancement of one's personal life.  I'm aware that there are bad cops and racism is still prevalent...but are movements such as BLM really the answer?  Is reverse racism the answer?

You were an adult when this happened...

i was nothing but a child.  And a child whwre im from was never seen nor heard by those of authority...

1 hour ago, oldtimefighter said:

And... Another great discussion on Neowin by a bunch of white dudes about issues of concern to people of color in the US. #facepalm

I'd go even further to say, most in this thread don't normally socialize with any person of color in real life. I've had a few "ex" friends who always thought they understood what life is like for blacks, or hispanics. I was dismissed from their circle when I became best friends with a black man and his family. Good riddance! In the end, all lives do matter, however, I am not naive enough to dismiss the whole black lives matter movement. This post brought to you by a white/military/surfer/minority supporter/Neowinian.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

I say get out of the 60's many people were discriminated against, the Irish, The Asian. We rounded up Japanese during WWII , has that happened to Blacks. All lives matter we are all Brothers. But you have people like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton that make a living out of stiring up racial hatred. I am sure that this is Not what Dr. Martin Luther King's Dream was all about.

I wasnt born in the 60's so i couldnt tell u of those times first hand.

Al and Jesse get paid nicely to keep things stirred up..  No different than Jeb Bush but thats neither here nor there.

What about regular people.  Who really dont so things wrong and get they worst wnd of the stick becuase of race.  Not just black.

i heard kids callin a guy at the convenience store 911 for no apparent reason... All while mom stands there chuckles and says boys will be boys... 

22 minutes ago, Rippleman said:

Are you making the assersion that there are no poor kids from single parents from other races? According to stats, what you are speaking of seems with the black community as a whole that no other race seems to have a out-of-balance ratio with. 

Where did I mention a certain race?

1 minute ago, JHBrown said:

I'd go even further to say, most in this thread don't normally socialize with any person of color in real life. I've had a few "ex" friends who always thought they understood what life is life for a blacks, or hispanics. I was dismissed from their circle when I became best friends with black man and his family. Good riddance! In the end, all lives do matter, however, I am not naive enough to dismiss the whole black lives matter movement. This post brought to you by a white/military/surfer/minority supporter/Neowinian.

I support black lives, I just dont support how this movement is going about things.

I have Asians, black, native American, and Hispanic in my family.  Gay and lesbian as well.   Understandingis something that is part of my family.  But for a lot of others, there is hate and plain ignorance.

1 minute ago, ctebah said:

Where did I mention a certain race?

yes. Your comment was about blacklivesmaatter, so one would assume you mean blacks.

22 minutes ago, Emn1ty said:

Lets take this pleasant stereotype of a typical person who's in a bind and deconstruct it. Why doesn't she have enough money? Probably because she's paying for the expenses of her children (thus the need for two jobs). Perhaps she doesn't have a degree either cause she had to drop out to take care of those kids or just didn't prioritize her education (a choice, there are plenty of grants for people who are in financial oblivion). And who chose to bring those kids into this environment? She did. It was her own choice to have children, and she's coping with the results of her own life decisions.

Children aren't some random occurrence you can't plan for, much to the chagrin of people who like to use them as scapegoats for why people can't manage their own lives. She had a choice to not have kids, and not put herself in a position where she's financially strained. ###### does happen, but having kids to pay for isn't "###### happens", especially not multiple children.

These are all clever excuses to paint a sad story. And while you can probably find someone who genuinely is in a bad situation not of their own doing  that does not represent the majority of these people. You have many choices in life, and you can't blame the results of those choices on anyone else. You can't write policy and recondition society to the least common denominator.

Want to take it one step further?  It was her choice to have children, but it wasn't her choice to raise them by herself.

5 minutes ago, Showan said:

I wasnt born in the 60's so i couldnt tell u of those times first hand.

Al and Jesse get paid nicely to keep things stirred up..  No different than Jeb Bush but thats neither here nor there.

What about regular people.  Who really dont so things wrong and get they worst wnd of the stick becuase of race.  Not just black.

i heard kids callin a guy at the convenience store 911 for no apparent reason... All while mom stands there chuckles and says boys will be boys... 

Then you have 1000 more chances of Getting ahead today as compared to the 50's and 60's when Blacks really had it hard. You just have to try and do it, no  one is going to do it for you. The Govt. has programs but you have to go to them, they are not going to come looking for you. Jeb Bush has nothing whatsoever to do with this. You cannot blame an entire race on the actions of a few. When I worked in Washington, my best friend was black.

7 minutes ago, Showan said:

Times like that I wish I could reach over and smack the parents.  Part of the problems with race these days are that parents, are not parents, and kids dont get knocked back in line when the misbehave.  I did something like that as I kid, I got punished.  Sometimes it was sitting on a hard wooden chair in the middle of the room for hours.  Sometimes I got spanked.  Now that is considered abuse by many.  And there was no being let off for good behavior.  When a punishment was handed it, it was for the full sentence.

1 minute ago, techbeck said:

Part of the problems with race these days are that parents, are not parents, and kids dont get knocked back in line when the misbehave.

This is also where racism stems. Children by nature are loving human beings. Then the staunch of racism from their parents, or other people that have a strong influence in their lives, poisons these innocent children. This is one reason racism is still rooted in the American society. It's a continuous cycle.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, JHBrown said:

This is also where racism stems. Children by nature are loving human beings. Then the staunch of racism from their parents, or other people that have a strong influence in their lives, poisons these innocent children. This is one reason racism is still rooted in the American society. It's a continuous cycle.

This is even more reason that no one should support BLM since to a child, what do you think they hear? What do you think they grow up to believe? If everyone was taught from birth ALL live matter, there would be no need for specialized groups.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, JHBrown said:

Many kids today are being raised in Day Care Centers because both parents work.

42 minutes ago, ctebah said:

Want to take it one step further?  It was her choice to have children, but it wasn't her choice to raise them by herself.

Right, but this is the problem with these hypothetical scenarios. We can wiggle them into an unassailable position all we want but they aren't a real representation of the whole. And why did that choice get made for her? Did her spouse leave her? For what reasons? Did he die? Why did he die? I'm pretty sure the majority of these outcomes aren't so innocent. As I said, ###### does happen but it's mind boggling how it seems that "###### happens" seems to become the norm for everyone who's in a disadvantageous situation. No one is responsible for anything in their lives, it's all just circumstance.

The 70% out of wedlock births in The Black Community is a problem that has to be addressed early in childhood if possible. These kids need a Father Figure.

6 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

The 70% out of wedlock births in The Black Community is a problem that has to be addressed early in childhood if possible. These kids need a Father Figure.

The meaning of marriage has changed(for the worse), so the whole out of wedlock thing is meaningless. A father figure can come from anyone really. I've been a father figure to many children/men throughout the years.

11 minutes ago, Emn1ty said:

Right, but this is the problem with these hypothetical scenarios. We can wiggle them into an unassailable position all we want but they aren't a real representation of the whole. And why did that choice get made for her? Did her spouse leave her? For what reasons? Did he die? Why did he die? I'm pretty sure the majority of these outcomes aren't so innocent. As I said, ###### does happen but it's mind boggling how it seems that "###### happens" seems to become the norm for everyone who's in a disadvantageous situation. No one is responsible for anything in their lives, it's all just circumstance.

These scenarios do exist and there aren't just a few, but probably thousands.  Which brings me back to my original point, and that is that not everyone has the means to dig themselves out of poverty and live a better life. 

I do not believe that it is, Kids need Father Figures or they will use Gang Bangers or Rappers as Father Figures. Se what Charles Barkley has to say about it.

9 minutes ago, ctebah said:

These scenarios do exist and there aren't just a few, but probably thousands.  Which brings me back to my original point, and that is that not everyone has the means to dig themselves out of poverty and live a better life. 

"Probably" isn't a reliable statistic. And thousands out of hundreds of millions is insignificant. Even 35,000 families in the entire nation is only a 0.01% of the entire US population. So do we force the other 99.99% of people to deal with policies for that 0.01%? Does that 0.01% deserve better representation than the 99.99%?

Just now, Emn1ty said:

"Probably" isn't a reliable statistic. And thousands out of hundreds of millions is insignificant. Even 35,000 families in the entire nation is only a 0.01% of the entire US population. So do we force the other 99.99% of people to deal with policies for that 0.01%? Does that 0.01% deserve better representation than the 99.99%?

Why would those policies be negative towards the other 99%?  You don't leave thousands behind just because to you they are an insignificant statistic....    

11 minutes ago, ctebah said:

Why would those policies be negative towards the other 99%?  You don't leave thousands behind just because to you they are an insignificant statistic....    

For the same reason that rape laws favor women and not men, or why affirmative action and quotas for student demographics are idiotic and hurt other demographics that aren't propped up by the system. The reality is we can't help everyone, but we can help as many as makes sense before we starting hurting everyone else. It's not about reducing people to a stat, it's about observing that sacrificing the needs of the many for the needs of the few isn't always worth it.