Signing Out Everywhere

Why is it that signing out on one device, signs me out of ALL devices?  This is extremely irritating and didn't used to happen on the old forums...

Also noticed this, and would personally prefer if this didn't happen (or make it configurable in the user profile).

I thought it was the other way around. I thought I had noticed that when I signed IN from a VM, it then forced me to log in the next time I visited from my main PC.  I'll test that again...

I've just signed in at work, which will probably have signed me out when I get home. It doesn't always happen though, but certainly since the new forum i've never been able to remain signed in anywhere for more than a couple of days. I'd probably been signed in for over a year on multiple devices previously.

I signed in on a VM. Back on my main PC now, I'm still signed in - didn't need to sign in again.

Going to try signing out now...

I signed out on the VM, came back here, and was not signed out.

47 minutes ago, BeerFan said:

I thought it was the other way around. I thought I had noticed that when I signed IN from a VM, it then forced me to log in the next time I visited from my main PC.  I'll test that again...

That is what is happening too me.

It happened to me just the other day - I signed in at work, came back home and was signed out there.

Are you sure 'Remember me" is checked? I don't get this when I test the site between different browsers (including logged in/out on mobile).

21 hours ago, Steven P. said:

Are you sure 'Remember me" is checked? I don't get this when I test the site between different browsers (including logged in/out on mobile).

Yes, it's checked. Doesn't seem to matter.  If I sign out in one place, it signs me out everywhere.  If I clean cookies on one device, I get signed out everywhere next time I sign on from that device.

• 4 weeks later...

Happens every now and then for me.  Couple weeks ago, my phone asked me for my user/pass when it was saved.  I entered my info again and when I went to my other PCs, I was signed out there as well.  But again, that was 2 weeks ago and not been a problem since.

12 minutes ago, FloatingFatMan said:

Still not fixed I see...

Do you guys even bother anymore?

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, LimeMaster said:

The update that was performed recently seems to broke it again.

Yup just checked it. logged in on my desktop while my laptop was already browsing neowin and got logged out on it automatically.

This is the first time I have experienced it.  Though same thing as above, signed in at work was signed out at home.  Signed in on iPad was signed out at work.

Is this some kind of DRM where you are supposed to sign in to X number of devices? If I sign 5-6 devices, the next device I sign in causes a random signout of the first device I used to sign in.