Signing Out Everywhere

I just tried a number of different things to reproduce this again, but none of them are logging me out.

The change we made last time is still working as expected, so this is a new bug.

Just curious if we can get a straw poll: how many devices are you logged in on when this happens? Are you logged in on multiple browsers? I wouldn't be surprised if IPS has put a limit on the number of active sessions per member. Our community members are more likely to have a plurality of devices than most communities, so if a restriction like that has been put in place, we might be able to tweak it a little.

6 minutes ago, Simon said:

Just curious if we can get a straw poll: how many devices are you logged in on when this happens? Are you logged in on multiple browsers? I wouldn't be surprised if IPS has put a limit on the number of active sessions per member. Our community members are more likely to have a plurality of devices than most communities, so if a restriction like that has been put in place, we might be able to tweak it a little.

Let's see...

6 browsers on Windows, 3 browsers on OS X, 2 browsers in Arch Linux and 2 browsers on my Android phone.

4 minutes ago, Boo Berry said:

Let's see...

6 browsers on Windows, 3 browsers on OS X, 2 browsers in Arch Linux and 2 browsers on my Android phone.

Are you logged in on all of them, and actively using each? That's a lot of active sessions :p

3 minutes ago, Simon said:

Are you logged in on all of them, and actively using each? That's a lot of active sessions :p

Yeah, I switch between them quite a bit and I make sure I'm logged in with each one. :p

*sings* 99 rotten old bugs in the code, 99 rotten old buuuugs.. Take one down, slap it around, 84759347598345 rotten old bugs in the code...

4 hours ago, FloatingFatMan said:

*sings* 99 rotten old bugs in the code, 99 rotten old buuuugs.. Take one down, slap it around, 84759347598345 rotten old bugs in the code...

Can you let me know if it still happens after saying five hail Mary's?

• 3 weeks later...

Still doing it. Went to the site on my phone a little while ago, was signed out. Signed in, and when I got on to my PC half an hour later, was signed out on there.

1 hour ago, FloatingFatMan said:

Still doing it. Went to the site on my phone a little while ago, was signed out. Signed in, and when I got on to my PC half an hour later, was signed out on there.

Just arrived at work; was signed out there too.

9 minutes ago, FloatingFatMan said:

Just arrived at work; was signed out there too.

Maybe it's because I'm using Chrome on both my PC (work and home) and my phone, but I don't have this issue.

Just now, Nick H. said:

Maybe it's because I'm using Chrome on both my PC (work and home) and my phone, but I don't have this issue.

I'm using Chrome on my home PC, work PC and my phone too.

I have never had this issue, though I only use 2 devices on average, sometimes up to 4.

I use chrome at work and firefox at home and these are my 2 primary devices for accessing the site.

I also occasionally use chrome on my phone and chrome on another computer at home.

The only time i get auto logged out is if I do not access the site on the device for over a week and that is just the standard cookie expiration.

Sorry for the threadjack, as I don't think it's the same issue, but I do have to sign again from time to time, but not on all devices at the same time.

Just wondering if there is a limit to the amount of devices/browsers you can remain signed in from. If so, what is that limit?

A good point was raised here, maybe when a different browser& device logs in the other one is logged out. IPB4 brought with it extended security for accounts, but I have yet to see an issue on my work PC with both Firefox and Chrome logged in at present :s

It also matters if the obvious is checked (Remember me, and any blocking addons that might be blocking cookies).

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
35 minutes ago, Mirumir said:

It's for your protection, working as intended.

Horse poop.  NOT working as intended. It never used to do this, only started a few months ago.

1 minute ago, FloatingFatMan said:

Horse poop.  NOT working as intended. It never used to do this, only started a few months ago.

Obviously a glitch happened when before it used to track login sessions per device and switched to per account basis. Total male cow excrements!

"working as intended" is a phrase from a game I like to play :) 

1 hour ago, Gary7 said:

I only have one device so this does not bother me.

I use my phone, a tablet, my desktop, and my work PC. It's bloody annoying as all hell for me! :p