Rumour: Nintendo funding Beyond Good and Evil sequel

Similar situation to Bayonetta 2

Beyond Good and Evil 2 is one of those games that has been rumored to exist for years while still staying weirdly in limbo every time it is discussed. Ubisoft insists the project has not been canned, and brings it up multiple times each year, but nothing concrete seems to surface.

According to a rumor received by Destructoid this week, the game may actually come to fruition in the not-too-distant future. If the information is to be believed, Nintendo has pulled a Bayonetta 2, securing the Beyond Good and Evil sequel as an NX exclusive for 2017.

Continues...

i'm not sure what going on.

This is Ubisoft that diss Nintendo Wii U because of not enough Wii U in market share, and now the very same Ubisoft approach Nintendo for Funding (like how Bayonetta developer approach Nintendo)?

I cared for this sequeal for years . Now I don't care anymore. It was a fun game back in a day that suffered from a mismatched name and bad marketing..  too long have past for it to be relevant though

3 minutes ago, E.worm Jimmy said:

I cared for this sequeal for years . Now I don't care anymore. It was a fun game back in a day that suffered from a mismatched name and bad marketing..  too long have past for it to be relevant though

I'll still play it and like it(if it's good).

good sequels to good games are never to late or to early, it's there preisely when it needs to be. 

Fair play to Nintendo if true. Ubisoft have dragged their heels over this sequel for ages and completely mishandled it.

Sony and MS could have played a part before now so if it's Nintendo who step up, their win.

The tears will be glorious if its a NX exclusive. You only have Ubisoft and others to blame, mostly Ubisoft, but not Nintendo.

to be fair, BGaE is a very nintendo style game anyway. both MS and Sony have abandoned that style in favor of only utralrealistic or super detailed stylistic games

1 hour ago, Torolol said:

i'm not sure what going on.

This is Ubisoft that diss Nintendo Wii U because of not enough Wii U in market share, and now the very same Ubisoft approach Nintendo for Funding (like how Bayonetta developer approach Nintendo)?

Don't forget rushing the developers to finish Raymen for the Wii U then after it's finished, making the business decision to do a simultaneous release afterwards.