Windows 10 Mobile - Battery time

How do you rate the battery time on your device, compared to what it was before on Windows Phone 8.1 (if you have a device that had 8.1 before)?

I have a Lumia 1020 and am in the Relase Candidate insider program. (Build 10586.164)

For me, Win 10 Mobile probably cut the battery time I can get out of this thing in half.

Last night, I lay my phone fully charged next to my bed, the next day, approx. 9h later, the thing only had 33% of battery left. So really bad battery time. On Win Phone 8.1, it was maybe down to 90% after that period of time with no active usage, at all.

I can be glad to make it through the day with a fully charged device in the morning, now.

How are you experiences? Any Lumia 1020 users with a better experience? Are newer devices fairing better with this update?

What do you think what the prospects will be to have better battery time in the final version of Win 10 Mobile on those older devices?

Currenty, I am pretty pessimistic about that.

As more features were added to Windows Phone/Mobile to get it closer, in features and capabilities department to it's competitors, so did the power, cpu and RAM usage go up and it is more than likely that You will never get Windows Phone 8.1 battery life from Your device. To put it simply, Windows 10 has more moving parts that demand more of Your phone.

Yes, you are right, I probably cannot expect the same battery life I had in WP8.1

But I do think that it should definitely be better than what I have right now. I even think that the current state is unacceptable. Compared to the competition, iPhone certainly does offer better battery time when what I have now. I am certain most Android devices offer more battery time.

Any other Lumia 1020 owner that has a similar experience? Or other experiences?

How about people with other devices and Window 10 Mobile on them? Do you think the battery time is acceptable?

I find battery life on my Lumia 950 XL be be quite good.

I usually get up between 5 and 6 AM on my days off, and take my phone off the charger, and I use my phone steady all day long, and still have tons of charge left when I go to bed, usually around midnight.

Anytime that I haven't really done much on it where the screen is on, like when its bluetoothed to my car for music, or using headphones, it barely uses any battery at all.

Thank you for sharing your experience. So not all is lost, at least the newer devices seem to work well with it :D

That is good to hear.

I am kinda still hoping (and dreading at the same time) that the bad battery time on my device is solely an issue with mine.