IP address being blocked by neowin as of yesterday - VPN

I use PIA VPN.

Yesterday afternoon I was on the site, click on a link and it timed out.
Tried getting back into the forums and was repeatedly timing out.
I thought neowin was getting DDoD - so I waited.
This morning - same thing.
I disconnected from my VPN - voila! right thru

Any pointers ?  I connect through the Texas site - haven't tried the others 

I know that sited protected by CloudFlare block my VPN IP addy....

Thanks

ahhh OK - well darnit - looks like this is going to be an ongoing issue.

Right now Im connected to the Texas site w/ a 162.216.xxx.xxx address - and no problems so far...

16 minutes ago, T3X4S said:

@Unobscured Vision Do you use PIA ?

PFW and my own config. Nothing special. Chrome, couple of extensions (Bitdefender Trafficlight, ABP with some whitelisting, TabsToTheFront!, GmailChecker) and that's it. Double Hardware Firewalled (Modem/Router + Switch). Nothing funky or apropo. I don't use or download Torrents, or practice any kind of file sharing, etc (not saying you do, of course). Good internet behaviors.

I have noticed that Cloudflare tends to be more active when there's a lot of DDOS/Flooding going on worldwide. I haven't looked at the DDOS maps in a couple of weeks, but tonight could just be one of those nights that bamboo country is testing teapots.

Here ya go -- tale of the tape. Watch this for a couple of minutes and see. Internal flood/DDoS botnet tonight, from the looks of things. You can even see the control pings every two-three minutes. Pretty heavy traffic tonight; way more than it should be for a Sunday/Monday at 5:11am EST.

Watch where those primary control pings originate from, then the secondary (relay) pings go 30 seconds later. St. Louis, Seattle and Los Angeles backbones are all getting hammered tonight, so that could be why you're having trouble.

http://map.norsecorp.com/#/

http://www.digitalattackmap.com/#anim=1&color=0&country=ALL&list=0&time=16873&view=map (Google's service, essentially) is showing this same event as a combined TCP Conn/Volumetric; so likely it's a DDoS/Internal with command/control External. This one gives you way more sampling than Norse does, but Norse is realtime/less sampling. Both sites are valuable tools for Security Pros. There are more, of course; but they're Commercial.

• 5 months later...

Seems to me like the problem of bandwidth allocation and that is why your connection times out on its own automatically. Has this problem been persistent or does it occur rarely? Because if it occurs on regular basis than it might be because of bandwidth issue.