Falcon 9: JCSAT-14 (mission thread)

Okay, that's hot snot. :yes: Gotta wait for the replay to make it up now. I was expecting this afternoon or something. Hrmph!

2 minutes ago, Unobscured Vision said:

Okay, that's hot snot. :yes: Gotta wait for the replay to make it up now. I was expecting this afternoon or something. Hrmph!

Still a live feed.  Rewind to about T+8:25

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Unobscured Vision said:

Ohhh that's pretty. Almost dead-on with the bullseye. They've been fine-tuning the guidance. :yes: 

Yep...pretty landing.  Stil get a kick out of the folks there. Especially between T+8:39 and T+8:43.  They got quiet for a second ... then erupted in cheers.  Haha...great

• Like 1

01:42
T+plus 21 minutes. Restart of the Merlin vacuum engine is about five-and-a-half minutes away.

The burn is expected to last less than a minute -- approximately 59 seconds -- to propel the JCSAT 14 satellite into a high-altitude elliptical transfer orbit.

01:40
T+plus 19 minutes. The Falcon 9 rocket and SES 9 are currently flying over the Atlantic Ocean, approaching the Canary Islands.

http://spaceflightnow.com/2016/05/05/falcon-9-jcsat-14-mission-status-center/

• Like 1

I hope that the burnoff didn't do too much damage to the web.....she was smoldering the whole time....:(

5 minutes ago, Draggendrop said:

I hope that the burnoff didn't do too much damage to the web.....she was smoldering the whole time....:(

They may want to consider installing a bidet for the rocket on the platform.  :)

• Like 2