Would you buy a high-end smartphone if you already have a high-end tablet?

Would you buy a high-end smartphone if you already have a high-end tablet?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy a high-end smartphone if you already have a high-end tablet?

• Yes
    • No

Hi guys,

Here's my situation. Presently, I carry with me a nice lenovo tablet (LTE, hi-res) for both business and pleasure and two smartphones, one for business and another one for family and friends. They are both HTC and nearing their retirement. I could get a new battery for one of them to extend its life, but I'm really tired of having to carry and charge two smartphones, so I'm definitely going to upgrade to a dual-sim smartphone. 

The question is, do I really need a top of the line smartphone (the latest HTC or OnePlus ) if I already have a tablet?

My heart tells me I want a OnePlus X, but my brain tells me that HTC 326G dual-sim will suffice. And then I could also get something in the middle, like a Desire 526/620 (with LTE)/626. 

What would you do?

Cheers!

Depends, it's your money, the htc one m10 is coming soon.

If you have a 'need' for high end devices, then that is the way to go.

I have some high end tablets but my phone is a humble Oukitel K10000, and I think it's great, does what I need it to do, and more.

On 3/17/2016 at 1:54 AM, Aheer.R.S. said:

Depends, it's your money, the htc one m10 is coming soon.

If you have a 'need' for high end devices, then that is the way to go.

I have some high end tablets but my phone is a humble Oukitel K10000, and I think it's great, does what I need it to do, and more.

HTC 326G was uber slow when I tested it, so I've ended up getting a OnePlusX :) It's a nice package at a fair price: neither cheap, nor expensive. Didn't have to pay an arm and a leg for it. LOL

In your situation I'd go high end.  But then I go high end with everything.

• 3 months later...

I guess I'm always in the opinion that my tablet and my phone are two separate devices with separate purposes. I wouldn't say I've gone high end, I have an iPhone 5s and an iPad mini. But having a high end tablet is great for what you are using the tablet for, but it still isn't a phone. I see no problem investing in what you want here. They are completely different devices. 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Depends on my budget but yes I would definitely. Somehow I do not consider my ipad and iphone same. Mobile is with e 24/7 in my bag but I use tablet as more like an alternative to my laptop. 

• 2 months later...

Some apps will NOT install on a tablet - no matter what.  The most frustrating example is the replacement for the loyalty app across the various MGM resort hotels (it was M life, but is now MGM Resorts).  When they changed app vendor (to 1App), it became phone-specific.  It's not like the Amazon Shopping app (which is two apps - one for phones and one for tablets - an approach other apps are taking), but is specific to phones - there IS no tablet equivalent.  My tablet has the larger screen - however, that does a user diddly when you MUST install the app in question on a phone.  The phone-specific app is what is driving the large-screen phone and phablet, I would wager - who wants to squint?

You know you can use your browser instead, right? I really do't get teh obsession with apps - I find them mostly useless.

17 minutes ago, MotorMouth said:

You know you can use your browser instead, right? I really do't get teh obsession with apps - I find them mostly useless.

What about when you aren't at a PC? And the small screen effect is WORSE on a browser on a phone than it is on an app on the same phone.  Are you one of those that is always on either a desktop or a notebook?  Desktops and notebooks are not always practical - phones (and even tablets) can be used in places that desktops and notebooks can't.  I'm not saying that browsers have NO use; however, depending on the app's design, an app can replace a browser on a phone, or even a tablet - even, if not especially, for straight content-consumption - for example, I never- as in ever- use a browser (on either phone OR tablet) for video (that is straight content consumption).

I'm using Iphone5 for more than 5 years now. It helps me since I work online and it's handy whenever I go. I don't need any tablets since it's already giving me what I need.