Uncharted 4 has gone gold, and making of Uncharted videos

1 hour ago, Audioboxer said:

There's 4 of them :p Check hiiiiigh!

Yeah, I only found 4. DAMN IT. LOL

And was just talking to a coworker about the game. He is a few years older than me, and he is very early on, but he was blown away so far.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DirtyLarry said:

Yeah, I only found 4. DAMN IT. LOL

And was just talking to a coworker about the game. He is a few years older than me, and he is very early on, but he was blown away so far.

If you hit all 4 you should have the trophy lol.

If you hit all 4 you should have the trophy lol.

I totally mistyped. I meant 3 but had 4 on my mind. LOL

• Like 1

On 11 May 2016 at 11:13 PM, DirtyLarry said:

That is awesome.

So I said above I may actually take a day off of work, and I did just that today. I seriously cannot remember the last time I took off of work for a game. I think it might have actually been Uncharted 2. Perhaps Half Life 2. I really cannot remember but it has been a decent amount of time.

And it was 110% worth it.

For my own taste in gaming it is easily the best game of this console generation. Like not even a question. It really checks off all the boxes for me. And the visuals. Oh damn the visuals. Even now that I have a 980Ti card with a 2160 144Hz G-Sync 27" monitor, somehow Uncharted 4 is capable of rivaling the best PC visuals out there. It truly is sorcery. Yeah I know the next response is going to be that is because it is only 1080p and 30 FPS, but seriously somehow that disappears almost immediately and you are just sucked into how damn amazing the game looks.

I am currently on Chapter 14 and just read there are 23 chapters in the game. I have already been playing almost 11 hours as well. But I really take my time even on the first play through, so I probably have a good 7 or 8 hours to go still, which kind of sucks as I am really looking forward to Doom on Friday. I am playing Doom on the PC though so perhaps I will play both at the same time. Chances are though I will just wait to start playing Doom until I am done with Uncharted 4.

Chapter 13 has been my favourite so far. I'm also looking forward to what is about to happen in chapter 14 as I stopped last night. I'm taking it in real slow soaking up every bit!

I love the stealth so much! Quite similar to Shadow of Mordor but this is better as you remain hidden in the grass/bushes even when two goons walk past you. Unlike Shadow of Mordor where you can be detected from crouching stationary in a bush.

I also love if a thug is too far away, you pop up to make awareness, he comes over for a look and take him down. It is so great crawling around the grass/bushes and sometimes two thugs can walk both sides of you as you're always taking them out one at a time and scoping each area or waiting for a guy to disappear momentarily.

It is also a bit like the Predator film towards the end. Waiting on thugs walking away, swing somewhere to a lower/higher ledge to take them out in the bushes. Some of the grass scenes I was a little disappointed in chapter 10. It made me think, why can't Drake etc lay in the grass with the sniper rifle. It would have been so neat. The game really can be your own personal combat experiences. I truly love it! Like a form of commando.

I'm also loving how the pace of the game is feeling longer on hard with all aim assists off. Perhaps I should have chosen crushing...

• Like 3

Just played through the whole E3 section, damn that was fun. Even when I knew what was coming it was still awesome.

4 hours ago, vf- said:

Snipped

Nice. Glad you seem to be enjoying it as much as I am. I always try to Stealth everything. I have done a few places entirely Stealth, which has been extremely satisfying, but I am finding in the later levels Stealth usually goes out the Window pretty quick. LOL

And AB. If I had one thing to do all over again, it would have been to NOT have watched the E3 demo. I felt like I missed out on really experiencing that section for myself. With that said It probably did not help I watched it about 5 times total between myself and showing others. If I had only watched it once, I feel like I would have been better off.

So I am up to Chapter 19 myself, and if there is one thing I will say, I think the game potentially could have been a little shorter maybe. I am starting to get some fatigue if I am going to be honest about things.

There are only so many 

Spoiler

boxes one can push and/or boosts one can get to reach a ladder before it starts feeling a tad repetitive.

It is a minor critique overall, but I do feel like they may have extended the game for the sake of extending it. I myself have ALWAYS been a fan of quality over quantity, in video games and anything else, so I just feel like some trimming would have truly made it no doubt at all about it one of the best games ever made. Now I do feel the argument can be made for what I point out above as to why it is not a perfect game, and that is a bit of a shame.

The graphics in chapter 12 are just insane!

Spoiler

That was the skiing on the mud wasn't it? It felt a bit like one of the Fast 5 films as the jeep stopped side on end of the lower bridge dock instead of some canyon.

Oh wait no, the boat. :D So lush that was.

I had flashbacks of 2004? Jungle/beach Far Cry. My god the caves and water sections.

6 hours ago, vf- said:

Chapter 13 has been my favourite so far. I'm also looking forward to what is about to happen in chapter 14 as I stopped last night. I'm taking it in real slow soaking up every bit!

I love the stealth so much! Quite similar to Shadow of Mordor but this is better as you remain hidden in the grass/bushes even when two goons walk past you. Unlike Shadow of Mordor where you can be detected from crouching stationary in a bush.

I also love if a thug is too far away, you pop up to make awareness, he comes over for a look and take him down. It is so great crawling around the grass/bushes and sometimes two thugs can walk both sides of you as you're always taking them out one at a time and scoping each area or waiting for a guy to disappear momentarily.

It is also a bit like the Predator film towards the end. Waiting on thugs walking away, swing somewhere to a lower/higher ledge to take them out in the bushes. Some of the grass scenes I was a little disappointed in chapter 10. It made me think, why can't Drake etc lay in the grass with the sniper rifle. It would have been so neat. The game really can be your own personal combat experiences. I truly love it! Like a form of commando.

I'm also loving how the pace of the game is feeling longer on hard with all aim assists off. Perhaps I should have chosen crushing...

Spoiler

26900323362_9f497635b2_h.jpg26390719943_501d796225_h.jpg26390721403_e3043de761_h.jpg26390723493_de72e433c8_h.jpg26390724863_bde3e0f5e9_h.jpg26390726103_69c66209ef_h.jpg26390727753_9fd5cb3ca9_h.jpg26390728393_cbe151071c_h.jpg26388953744_e313e1e7bf_h.jpg26388954254_aec2599daf_h.jpg26388954754_d92179ee05_h.jpg26900333712_de553159b9_h.jpg26900334122_1f8d5738d2_h.jpg

^^ :D

Such a cinematic experience that whole scene was for me. Absolutely loved it. Imagine if this really became a Hollywood blockbuster.

Just finished.

Easily in my Top 10 games ever made. Probably in my Top 5. Very well may be in my Top 3.
Depending on the day and my mood, I can probably even make the argument for it being #1. That may be a stretch, but I have to let it all sink in.

It is easily my favorite game of this current console generation. Easily.

It was not without some minor flaws, but it was perfect all things considered.

I do believe what would have made it no questions asked when of the best games ever was taking about 2-3 hours off of it and also way less

boosts to ladders and boxes to reach unreachable ledges.

And I do think taking 2 to 3 hours off of it could have easily resolved those two very minor critiques.

I am an 80's kid who also happened to play home based video games since their inception.

The game that made me fall in love with video games, and also happened to be the first game I beat which was no easy task, was Pitfall.

I have said since Uncharted 1 to me the Uncharted series is all of my years in between Pitfall and the initial release of Uncharted all wrapped up and combined into one perfect package. The first Uncharted was literally a representation and culmination of everything I loved in video games up to that point, and we are already talking a decent amount of years there. 25 years to be exact. That first game represented everything I had loved about videogames up until that point and paid homage to the first game that got me personally hooked.

For myself ranking the series would be 4 > 2 > 1 > 3.

And FTR I very much enjoyed 3 myself. I just enjoyed the other ones that much more.

Thank you Naughty Dog for creating one of my personal favorite SP Campaign based video game series ever.

Total Time Spent Playing: 17:23

Total Enemies Defeated: 686

Enemies Defeated In A Row Without Dying: 27

Hit Ratio: 35%

Total Headshots: 177

• Like 3

7 hours ago, DirtyLarry said:

Just finished.

Easily in my Top 10 games ever made. Probably in my Top 5. Very well may be in my Top 3.
Depending on the day and my mood, I can probably even make the argument for it being #1. That may be a stretch, but I have to let it all sink in.

It is easily my favorite game of this current console generation. Easily.

It was not without some minor flaws, but it was perfect all things considered.

I do believe what would have made it no questions asked when of the best games ever was taking about 2-3 hours off of it and also way less

Reveal hidden contents

boosts to ladders and boxes to reach unreachable ledges.

And I do think taking 2 to 3 hours off of it could have easily resolved those two very minor critiques.

I am an 80's kid who also happened to play home based video games since their inception.

The game that made me fall in love with video games, and also happened to be the first game I beat which was no easy task, was Pitfall.

I have said since Uncharted 1 to me the Uncharted series is all of my years in between Pitfall and the initial release of Uncharted all wrapped up and combined into one perfect package. The first Uncharted was literally a representation and culmination of everything I loved in video games up to that point, and we are already talking a decent amount of years there. 25 years to be exact. That first game represented everything I had loved about videogames up until that point and paid homage to the first game that got me personally hooked.

For myself ranking the series would be 4 > 2 > 1 > 3.

And FTR I very much enjoyed 3 myself. I just enjoyed the other ones that much more.

Thank you Naughty Dog for creating one of my personal favorite SP Campaign based video game series ever.

Total Time Spent Playing: 17:23

Total Enemies Defeated: 686

Enemies Defeated In A Row Without Dying: 27

Hit Ratio: 35%

Total Headshots: 177

Nice! Big praise coming from you Larry considering I know how much you love UC2. I'm just over halfway through now! One of the complaints I did see surface was some padding, so I understand your negatives. Maybe a symptom of ND feeling sad UC is coming to an end and wanting to make it as long as possible, for better or worse.

I have noticed it but in playing a couple of hour chunks a day it makes it a bit different than hammering a 10 hour straight stretch.

Considering I LOVE pirate themes I don't doubt this will end up in #1 for me (of all UC's). AC Black Flag is my fave AC, and I adore the TV show Black Sails, which UC4 has quite a few similarities with!

Got to chapter 16, the story is kicking off!

Some sweet set pieces as well. Still amazed by the graphics. Naughty Dog are going to do WORK on the PS Neo.

The Last of Us 2 is going to look insane. This as well if it gets a 60FPS patch for SP.

Just finished it, what a game. Those Dogs are talented.

Also without a doubt nothing is topping this graphically on consoles... till the next ND game. These guys are wizards.

Bring on The Last of Us 2 please.

So I was watching someone playing the game earlier on Youtube. I forget who it was at this point (everyone from Markiplier to Pewds etc uploaded 2 videos in a day it seems about it) but it was amazing to see them play the chapter where Nate is digging through his attic. As someone who's never played one of these games (sorry, haven't had a Sony system since the PS1 days sadly) seeing someone else react to seeing things they personally saw or got (treasures) in a previous game and their reaction was pretty amazing. And especially when he has a snack with his wife Elena. Just the interplay between them and those god damn animations are mind blowing.

As a 40-something, I never thought in my wildest dreams when I was kid playing Asteroids or something, that's we'd be at this point in gaming. To have an entire chapter dedicated to NOTHING BUT CHARACTERS INTERACTING like that blows my mind. And for them to pull it off so seamlessly and believable is super impressive. Again, I really wish this could come to PC someday. But alas like all the other Uncharted games, looks like i'll have to enjoy it through the play time of someone else.

• Like 2

Just picked this up today as I had the day off work. Also grabbed Doom but thought I would give this a shot first having never played a Uncharted before as I gave up on my PS3 when it **** its self last generation. And if Doom multiplayer plays anything like Quake of the past it will suck me in for quite a few hours.

I've played the LoUS this gen, and loved it. So didn't expect much different with this. I find my self playing this game solely for the story. The game looks amazing, I just finished 13 or 14 the island and was the best set pieces yet. But in saying that, there isn't much going on besides the set pieces in a lot of the game so I can understand how they achieved it. I've sunk about 7 hours in and think at least a quarter of that is cut scenes (which is fine I'm playing this for the story) and you could say about 10% of that is action. The highly taxing scenes are few and far between. The chase after the 12 towers chapter was the best bit of action and gameplay yet hopefully there is more scenes like that as the story feels to be winding up a notch now. 

As for moving the crates.. Throwing down ladders... Un-needed longer journeys then your partner when you have a grappling hook on you, yes there seem to be a hell of a lot of them, unnecessary so actually. But are these actually used for hiding the loading times? I hope so. Or maybe I should of had a break in between playing so I don't dread them as much every time I see one of these sections.

Otherwise 8/10 so far!

Finished it today on hard, and wow. 
A technical masterpiece, and a graphical eyecandy right from the first scene. 
Story and pacing was just perfect, and I felt for Sam even though he was just introduced in this game. 
The only fault I could find was my 2nd favourite character from 2&3 - Chloe, never made an appearance. 

Easily one of my best gaming experiences on the PS4, and possibly of all time. 

10 out of 10 rubber chickens.

3 hours ago, Anarkii said:

Finished it today on hard, and wow. 
A technical masterpiece, and a graphical eyecandy right from the first scene. 
Story and pacing was just perfect, and I felt for Sam even though he was just introduced in this game. 
The only fault I could find was my 2nd favourite character from 2&3 - Chloe, never made an appearance. 

Easily one of my best gaming experiences on the PS4, and possibly of all time. 

10 out of 10 rubber chickens.

Pacing is a bit up and down so I can see how that is a negative for some. Me personally I enjoy narrative over gameplay, I'm one of those kind of guys, so I loved the down time. Seeing as I like David Cage games that gives you a clue into my mind LOL.

The fact UC4s gameplay is much better than 1~3 only cements it at the top of the UC pecking order for me. I'd go TLoU > UC4 > UC2 > UC1 > UC3.

Even although it's a bit unfair on TLoU remastered on graphics this destroys everything ND has ever done. At some points I was just like how the ###### do they have this amount of scenery on screen with those insane cloud/smoke effects?! Some of the best use of colour I have seen as well. ND showed that talent with TLoU though and it's greenery/lighting.

As much credit as the DOOM guys with 1080/60 (and Rage before) deserve for how good their engine is, and The Witcher 3, ND are undoubtedly the best technical devs on console. IMO I guess, but play UC4 and try and think otherwise!

A PS Neo patch will be :o

Also major ending spoilers,

Spoiler

but I came away pretty damn satisfied. I thought Elena was going to bite the bullet, and then bam the twist playing the daughter with Crash was awesome! Didn't see that coming. Good way to pretty much sign off Drake ever coming back without having to kill him. Age him and Elena and give them a daughter! 

19 minutes ago, Audioboxer said:

Pacing is a bit up and down so I can see how that is a negative for some. Me personally I enjoy narrative over gameplay, I'm one of those kind of guys, so I loved the down time. Seeing as I like David Cage games that gives you a clue into my mind LOL.

The fact UC4s gameplay is much better than 1~3 only cements it at the top of the UC pecking order for me. I'd go TLoU > UC4 > UC2 > UC1 > UC3.

Even although it's a bit unfair on TLoU remastered on graphics this destroys everything ND has ever done. At some points I was just like how the ###### do they have this amount of scenery on screen with those insane cloud/smoke effects?! Some of the best use of colour I have seen as well. ND showed that talent with TLoU though and it's greenery/lighting.

As much credit as the DOOM guys with 1080/60 (and Rage before) deserve for how good their engine is, and The Witcher 3, ND are undoubtedly the best technical devs on console. IMO I guess, but play UC4 and try and think otherwise!

A PS Neo patch will be :o

Also major ending spoilers,

Hide contents

but I came away pretty damn satisfied. I thought Elena was going to bite the bullet, and then bam the twist playing the daughter with Crash was awesome! Didn't see that coming. Good way to pretty much sign off Drake ever coming back without having to kill him. Age him and Elena and give them a daughter! 

I loved that ending. It just closed the whole story in a satisfying way to the point where it also leads it open should Sony or ND want to make another one.  

5 minutes ago, Anarkii said:

I loved that ending. It just closed the whole story in a satisfying way to the point where it also leads it open should Sony or ND want to make another one.  

ND are done, I really think this was their way of

Spoiler

telling Sony UC is finished, without having to kill Drake which was rather unnecessary even with some expecting it. They've just aged all the main characters a lot and given Drake a family so no insane death defying exploring. His daughter would IMO be more of a traditional archaeologist doing things legit.

Prequels tank, so there is no way ND would be doing one of those. Sony will be happy enough letting ND do TLoU2 and then whatever is next. People follow ND and buy their games regardless of the title/brand.

Also if the daughter isn't running around killing things and people are already calling UC4 a walking simulator... yeah, we're not getting an archaeological UC in the future.

25 minutes ago, Audioboxer said:

ND are done

This was the reason I went with the special edition, kind of wishing I went for the one with the statue. Also bought the lovely £20 hardcover Art of Uncharted 4. Stunning seeing some of the stuff that didn't make it into the game. It looks amazing.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1616559276/

7 hours ago, LOC said:

So I was watching someone playing the game earlier on Youtube. I forget who it was at this point (everyone from Markiplier to Pewds etc uploaded 2 videos in a day it seems about it) but it was amazing to see them play the chapter where Nate is digging through his attic. As someone who's never played one of these games (sorry, haven't had a Sony system since the PS1 days sadly) seeing someone else react to seeing things they personally saw or got (treasures) in a previous game and their reaction was pretty amazing. And especially when he has a snack with his wife Elena. Just the interplay between them and those god damn animations are mind blowing.

As a 40-something, I never thought in my wildest dreams when I was kid playing Asteroids or something, that's we'd be at this point in gaming. To have an entire chapter dedicated to NOTHING BUT CHARACTERS INTERACTING like that blows my mind. And for them to pull it off so seamlessly and believable is super impressive. Again, I really wish this could come to PC someday. But alas like all the other Uncharted games, looks like i'll have to enjoy it through the play time of someone else.

This was probably my favorite moment of the game so really great observation. I got very sentimental myself, and that is something I personally never thought would happen. Actually getting emotional from a game.

I also hate to use the age card but I do think it is relevant. One thing I really appreciate about ND is they very much now how to make games for our age group. The themes they use are very mature overall, and while I do think everyone can appreciate them, I do believe the older you are the more they hit home.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, vf- said:

This was the reason I went with the special edition, kind of wishing I went for the one with the statue. Also bought the lovely £20 hardcover Art of Uncharted 4. Stunning seeing some of the stuff that didn't make it into the game. It looks amazing.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1616559276/

I ended up going digital via the PS HK store lol. Cheaper than retail and I got it about 8 hours earlier than the official unlock time for the UK. Probably wish I'd gone physical now, but YOLO.