Breaking : 2 Explosions heard at Brussels airport

15 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

You would have no idea unless you read the links. Stupidity has nothing to do with it.

Once again, what is the point of the links?  What do they have to do with what I said?

10 hours ago, DefyTheOutcome said:

This is not the side I am interested in. I am not that interested about the side of the preachers of hate, I am interested about the side of the people who listen to them and radicalize themselves.

Why is their propaganda so seductive and effective for people to leave rather nice life in Europe decide to go to fight in Syria or become terrorists?

Is it a vengeance against some perceived injustice in the world? The Palestine situation? Some sort of Zionist new world order conspiracy?

Is it peer pressure?

Is it deception/lies ? Some sort of romantic freedom fighters against oppressors or corruption?

Is it jealousy ? the guy next door has a better life than I have because he is

Is it greed ? the promise of a better life? of wealth? of 72 virgins

Is it loss of faith in the future ? a dead-end life with no opportunity?

Is it a value framework given by the influence of an authority figure because it brings a comfort zone?

What makes someone lose the value of his own life and decide to kill oneself for some cause?

Once we can figure out that, we can expose the preachers of hate and their lies.

It is religious interpretation and as a religious man you need to follow the holy law appropriately. If you are a moderate, you can coexist with those that hold more 'radical' interpretations, and sure the hell you can listen to their opinion. After that it is a smooth road to jihad.

I can't answer most of your questions, except the last one.

It is simple - you do not take your own life - you got heaven if you commit jihad.

There is no death in the great monotheistic religion trilogy.

I doubt that you can just remove the main issue and offer de-radicalization to these refugees.

Block and ignore is a better approach.

I was just going to post "Oh but its a religion of peace !"  or "another case of killing in the name of religion"   - 

But I think the real issue is - any attack against them will just serve as a rallying cry for the next group of recruits.
The only way to combat them is to wipe all of the extremists off the planet - but that isnt going to happen.

I dont know if there is a solution. :/

18 minutes ago, ctebah said:

I hope I'm not the only one who finds irony in a fact that the US has to send its soldiers to fight against terrorist groups that it's own allies are supporting.  

You are.

3 minutes ago, ctebah said:

That explains a lot.  

You asked a simple question in which I answered. You are the only one that finds that irony. Your question did not require a 50 world essay response.

14 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

You asked a simple question in which I answered. You are the only one that finds that irony. Your question did not require a 50 world essay response.

Swing and a miss.  Re-read what and why I wrote, it should eventually make sense. 

26 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

To be fair, Alanis Morissette probably finds it ironic too.

The Latest Key Developments In The Brussels Terror Attacks

Two days after the tragic terrorist attacks in Brussles, the situation remains extremely fluid, with the largest concern being that more sleeper cells may be activated especially since the third man who participated at the Zaventerm airport suicide bombing is still at large. Here, courtesy of the Guardian and Politico, are the most recent key developments out of Belgium.

• Police are still looking for one man who left a large bomb at Zaventem airport Tuesday and fled the scene. Unconfirmed reports in Belgian media Thursday said that a second man participated in the attack at Maalbeek metro, but that it isn’t known if he died or is still at large.
  • A lawyer for Salah Abdeslam, the surviving member of November’s attacks on Paris says his client didn’t know of the plans to attack Brussels. Sven Mary also said Abdeslam no longer plans to fight an extradition request and wants to return to France as soon as possible.
  • Belgium police are working to identify a man filmed in the company of metro train bomber Khalid el-Bakraoui shortly before he blew himself up. France’s Le Monde and the Belgian broadcaster RTBF said the man was carrying a big bag and was considered a potential fifth attacker.
  • Najim Laachraoui has been tentatively identified as the second airport bomber by French and Belgian media reports, but this has not been confirmed. Reports on Tuesday that he had escaped and was later arrested proved to be wrong. 
  • The identity of a third man seen at Zavantem airport has not yet been established. Officials said he is thought to have fled the scene after his own bomb failed to detonate. A manhunt is underway.
  • Turkey said it had deported Ibrahim el-Bakraoui to the Netherlands in the summer of 2015 and had warned Belgium that he was a suspected foreign fighter. An official told Reuters that Bakraoui was deported a second time in August.
  • 31 people are confirmed to have died in the two attacks, and 300 wounded. Of these, 150 are still being treated in hospitals, 61 of whom are in intensive care. Four patients remain unidentified.
  • Three people have so far been officially identified among the dead: Adelma Tapia Ruiz, Leopold Hecht and Oliver Delespesse. Two unnamed Moroccans are reported to have died, as fears grow for those missing including Briton David Dixon and Indian Raghavendran Ganesh.
  • Rob Wainwright, the head of Europol has warned that a network of at least 5,000 terrorists suspects is more dangerous than previously feared. He confirmed the connection of the Brussels bombers to November’s attacks in Paris and warned of new “aggressive” strategy by Islamic State militants to attack Europe.
  • Justice Minister Koen Geens said that he did not know about the communication from Turkey on Brahim el-Bakraoui, one of the Brussels attacks suspects. He had been arrested in Turkey last year and deported, but Belgium ignored warnings that he was a “foreign terrorist fighter,” Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdo?an said Wednesday. “It is only normal that a Justice Minister does not know what happens on embassies. We could not know this.”
  • Broadcaster VTM reports that both Belgian Interior Minister Jan Jambon and Justice Minister Koen Geens had presented their resignation to Prime Minister Charles Michel yesterday, but that Michel refused. Jambon wanted to “take responsibility” news agency Belga understands.
  • The Dutch parliament will this afternoon discuss the Brussels attacks. Turkish President Erdogan said yesterday that el-Bakraoui was arrested at the Turkish-Syrian border and deported to the Netherlands last year. There is still much confusion about the facts. Justice Minister Ard van der Steur said: “We’re just trying to get the facts right so that we can inform the parliament,” said Van der Steur. The Dutch government will meet this afternoon, followed by a debate in parliament at 17.30.
  • Travelers going to Gare Centrale and Gare du Midi have to be prepared for queues before they can enter two of Brussels’ central train stations, with military and police staff checking luggage and handbags at the sealed entrances.

Source: Politico, Guardian via ZH

Brussels Suicide Bombers Planted Hidden Camera At Home Of Top Belgium Nuclear Official

Although nearly two thirds of Belgium’s electricity comes from the sites’ seven reactors, activists want at least two reactors shuttered on safety concerns. Those concerns - stemming from the discovery of “thousands” of micro-cracks - were amplified last month when Belgium’s federal prosecutor confirmed that on November 30, police seized footage that appeared to show a high-ranking Belgian nuclear official in an anti-terror raid. The surveillance video was discovered in a bust that resulted in the arrest of Mohamed Bakkali, who was charged with terrorist activity and murder in connection with the Paris attacks. His home in Auvelais may have been used as a hideout.

Unconfirmed reports out this week suggest that Bakkali was mentioned in the will of Ibrahim el-Bakraoui, which was found on a discarded computer discovered in a trash bin following Tuesday’s attacks.

Bakraoui blew himself up outside of a Starbucks in the Brussels airport. His brother, Khalid, carried out an attack on the city’s metro just a little over an hour later.

The connections between Tuesday’s attacks and the assault on Paris are now becoming clear and as we and others have documented extensively, this all appears to stem from the cell organized and run by Abdelhamid Abaaoud, the Paris "masetermind" who allegedly became Emir of War in Deir ez-Zor after Omar the Chechen (al-Shishani) was transferred to Iraq. Indeed, the cell may be connected to the January 2015 raid in Verviers that killed two of Abaaoud’s compatriots.

On Thursday, we get still more chilling evidence to suggest that this is all the work of the very same Belgium-based terror cell. According to Dernier Heure, it was the Bakraoui brothers that planted a hidden camera in the bushes and captured the 10-minute surveillance video of the senior Belgian nuclear official coming and going from his home. Here’s DH (Google translated):

Beheading a part of the cell at the Forest of operation and the arrest of Salah and his accomplice Abdeslam Choukri in Molenbeek, investigators may have averted the worst. By striking this blow, the authorities forced the cell to the origin of the attacks Brussels to accelerate its action and turn away from its first targets. Including the Belgian nuclear system.

According to information from the DH , the two people who have recovered the hidden camera in front of the home of the director of the research program and Belgian nuclear development were none other than Ibrahim and Khalid El Bakraoui brothers.

The video had been recovered by the two men shortly after the attacks in Paris, showing the full extent of the connections between France, Belgium and Syria.

It’s worth noting that DH has been wrong before

ZH

Just now, Mirumir said:

Wasn't he right....The warning signs have been all over the place and too many to be ignored.  They can't keep supporting terrorist organizations in hopes of overthrowing governments any longer.  The extremists will not be confined to Middle East any longer.  Perhaps its time to start with actual plans on how to deal with them, rather than all this symbolic bombing.  Look at the progress that the Syrian Armed Forces have made so far.  Russians went in and as a result ISIS is on the retreat and we finally have peace talks to decide Syrian future.  

• Like 2

West is reaping what it sowed for decades and is still doing in Middle East and Africa, it is awful when civilians get caught in the middle, but these unfortunate victims are but a drop in the sea of dead civilians in the afore mentioned regions.

5 minutes ago, Yogurth said:

West is reaping what it sowed for decades and is still doing in Middle East and Africa, it is awful when civilians get caught in the middle, but these unfortunate victims are but a drop in the sea of dead civilians in the afore mentioned regions.

While the western nations didn't really help anything, it is not their fault that terrorism was the chosen course of action by these groups. They chose to take it to this level, they are responsible for it. Just as they are responsible for targeting civilians and not military targets. Please don't try and justify their actions.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Emn1ty said:

While the western nations didn't really help anything, it is not their fault that terrorism was the chosen course of action by these groups. They chose to take it to this level, they are responsible for it. Just as they are responsible for targeting civilians and not military targets. Please don't try and justify their actions.

You really need some further reading into this whole mess, starting from the end of the WW2.

2 minutes ago, Yogurth said:

You really need some further reading into this whole mess, starting from the end of the WW2.

Yes it did, but nothing you can say about "a sea of dead civilians" justifies then targeting civilians for something they didn't actually do. Again, don't justify their actions and make others responsible for it. They are responsible for their own choices and actions. You didn't see this in the US Revolution, attacking strictly civilian targets. Or in any major conflict as a primary strategy. It also ignores the fact that these groups willingly use their civilians as human shields.

• Like 2

Not sure where have You see me justifying any action against civilians? US revolution was the initial point that led to one of the largest genocides in history with millions of native Americans murdered, diseased... Have You asked Yourself how many civilians, I'm sorry I meant to say Collateral Damage, have been killed by US bombs during the desert storm? To me it seems You are looking at civilian victims from only one perspective point.

2 minutes ago, Yogurth said:

Not sure where have You see me justifying any action against civilians? US revolution was the initial point that led to one of the largest genocides in history with millions of native Americans murdered, diseased... Have You asked Yourself how many civilians, I'm sorry I meant to say Collateral Damage, have been killed by US bombs during the desert storm? To me it seems You are looking at civilian victims from only one perspective point.

Why do not you at least stay in this Century.

1 minute ago, Yogurth said:

Read the previous post and you will find out why.

OK I did and the US Revolutionary war had nothing what so ever to do with what happened to the Indians. We fought a war with The British to gain our independence . What happened to the Indians was a great injustice but that was many many years later. Today many of these Indians are quite wealthy but many are not. This is fodder for another thread.

17 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

This guy is responsible for more deaths than ISIS. You cannot take anything he says as serious. He is the second coming of Sadamn.

Got proof?