For Xbox owners you can actually play this in English (not just voices) right now. Buy on the Japanese store, switch back to English and it works - https://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=198999256#post198999256

Jelly! Buying on JP PSN just gives you the JP version.

Damn Scamco and their pointless Western delay (speculated it's due to their financial year starting April 1st).

Been playing this all day, I had originally bought it from the XBOX JP marketplace (I have a basic understanding of Japanese and was too impatient to wait for the EU release) but the English text was a nice surprise. Amazing game, as expected.

I'll definitely be buying it on PC when it comes out too though because as usual the consoles can't even maintain a stable 30fps. 

1 hour ago, ZakO said:

I'll definitely be buying it on PC when it comes out too though because as usual the consoles can't even maintain a stable 30fps. 

wtf? A game like Souls would be almost unplayable with poor framerate. 

8 hours ago, Audioboxer said:

For Xbox owners you can actually play this in English (not just voices) right now. Buy on the Japanese store, switch back to English and it works - https://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=198999256#post198999256

Jelly! Buying on JP PSN just gives you the JP version.

Damn Scamco and their pointless Western delay (speculated it's due to their financial year starting April 1st).

I guess one advantage might be that any early bugs would be identified and addressed and any server issues would be resolved.

9 hours ago, compl3x said:
11 hours ago, ZakO said:

I'll definitely be buying it on PC when it comes out too though because as usual the consoles can't even maintain a stable 30fps. 

It's far from unplayable, but you can definitely feel it dropping below 30fps in certain areas. The same thing happens in DS1/DS2 (on consoles) and Bloodborne so it was kind of expected, the only soulsborne release without framedrops in places is the PC version of DS2 (which even a mid-range GTX 260 from 2009 can run at 1080p/60fps stable). Luckily the games are so good and immersive you don't really  notice it too much, but hopefully the PC release will be even better.

Edited by ZakO

10 hours ago, compl3x said:

I guess one advantage might be that any early bugs would be identified and addressed and any server issues would be resolved.

Nah it's just pandering to the "big streamers" and wanting to make company financials look good. Yeah I'm salty :rofl:

Thankfully it's the last game in the publishing agreement between From and Namco.

21 minutes ago, Andrew said:

I've been watching this on Twitch a lot and boy it looks good :drool:

What's wrong with you Andy, get that XB1 fired up! 

Please, please, tell me, I will be able to mod a top hat and monocle onto that giant crab!!

I can not wait, for this game, I've finished DS:PTDE and DS2:SOTFS so many times, I was able to resist Bloodborne because I don't own a console that it's on. I hope this game good!!

2 hours ago, Audioboxer said:

What's wrong with you Andy, get that XB1 fired up! 

Jumping in at game 3 of the series is probably not a good idea :p

A dupe glitch in a Souls game?! I'm shocked. How do they manage to consistently introduce a new dupe glitch with every single soulsborne game and QA testers not find it before release :huh:. Hopefully parrywalking doesn't make a return too.

27 minutes ago, ZakO said:

A dupe glitch in a Souls game?! I'm shocked. How do they manage to consistently introduce a new dupe glitch with every single soulsborne game and QA testers not find it before release :huh:. Hopefully parrywalking doesn't make a return too.

Using the same engine with same jank. They manage to patch them but folk always find a way to work the system. 

1 hour ago, trag3dy said:

Graphically they are on par with each other but the 60 fps is just so much smoother.

Is that Andre of Astoria @ 1:30? or just a similar smith type character? I really need to start following this game much closer, but my DS2:SOTFS Vanquisher Seal run is taking up all of my free time right now.

I just bought an Xbox One. Woo. Mainly for this, yes I'm sad, but I'd have become a two console owner at some point anyway. 

• Like 1

On 3/25/2016 at 4:23 AM, Audioboxer said:

I just bought an Xbox One. Woo. Mainly for this, yes I'm sad, but I'd have become a two console owner at some point anyway. 

Sorry for being dense, but why did you buy an X1 "mainly for this", isn't DS3 available on all major platforms?

13 hours ago, compl3x said:

Sorry for being dense, but why did you buy an X1 "mainly for this", isn't DS3 available on all major platforms?

Because you can buy the Japanese versions of the game and get it with English sub titles so you basically get the full playable game now instead of in 2 weeks.

Which is, to say the least, making a lot of people angry. It really makes you question why there is a delay for the rest of the world on the other versions of the game.

52 minutes ago, trag3dy said:

Because you can buy the Japanese versions of the game and get it with English sub titles so you basically get the full playable game now instead of in 2 weeks.

Which is, to say the least, making a lot of people angry. It really makes you question why there is a delay for the rest of the world on the other versions of the game.

So the X1 and PS4 Japanese versions weren't released at the same time? If they were you could just import the PS4 Jap version, unless it doesn't have English subtitles.

Either way, have fun, AB :p

1 minute ago, compl3x said:

So the X1 and PS4 Japanese versions weren't released at the same time? If they were you could just import the PS4 Jap version, unless it doesn't have English subtitles.

Either way, have fun, AB :p

Not sure. I thought it was only the xbox 1 version that was released already in Japan.

I'm probably wrong though, I'll admit I haven't been paying all that much attention to this games release.

That way I'm less hyped for it. In theory anyways.

Just now, trag3dy said:

Not sure. I thought it was only the xbox 1 version that was released already in Japan.

I'm probably wrong though, I'll admit I haven't been paying all that much attention to this games release.

That way I'm less hyped for it. In theory anyways.

Heh, I get that. Keep expectations nice and low so if a game is average you aren't disappointed but if it's awesome it's all good. :cool: