5 hours ago, compl3x said:

So the X1 and PS4 Japanese versions weren't released at the same time? If they were you could just import the PS4 Jap version, unless it doesn't have English subtitles.

Either way, have fun, AB :p

5 hours ago, trag3dy said:

Not sure. I thought it was only the xbox 1 version that was released already in Japan.

I'm probably wrong though, I'll admit I haven't been paying all that much attention to this games release.

That way I'm less hyped for it. In theory anyways.

You can buy both the PS4 and X1 copy from their respective online JP stores, but the X1 version has English text and audio while the PS4 only has English audio and JP text.

So,

X1 English subtitles and English audio

PS4 English Audio but no English subtitles

Got it. Although kind of weird, wonder why both doesn't include English subtitles.

Performance is pretty shoddy on the XB1. All Souls games are janky but the framerate is all over the place here :/ Hope they can fix it/PS4 copy is better than this.

On 4/3/2016 at 2:06 PM, Audioboxer said:

Performance is pretty shoddy on the XB1. All Souls games are janky but the framerate is all over the place here :/ Hope they can fix it/PS4 copy is better than this.

I've done a playthrough on the XB1 version (in English) and the JP PS4 version, they're both as bad as each other in regard to framerate, playable but not great... hopefully they'll get patched sometime. Either way, only 4 days until 60fps goodness :D

3 minutes ago, ZakO said:

I've done a playthrough on the XB1 version (in English) and the JP PS4 version, they're both as bad as each other in regard to framerate, playable but not great... hopefully they'll get patched sometime. Either way, only 4 days until 60fps goodness :D

Doubt it, Souls engine on consoles is just crap. Even when it runs at 30FPS you still have the frame pacing issues which make 30FPS seem laggy.

From what I've seen of people who were able to stream the first 1/3 of the pc version of the game on twitch the pc version runs at a pretty stable 60 fps as long as you have a somewhat recent gaming pc, making it the superior version of the game.  However it felt like the few cut scenes that the game has were throttled to 30 fps for some reason.

I'm not trying to get all PC master race here it's just a simple fact, by all reports DS3 is a very good pc port. From has learned a lot since DS1.

37 minutes ago, trag3dy said:

From what I've seen of people who were able to stream the first 1/3 of the pc version of the game on twitch the pc version runs at a pretty stable 60 fps as long as you have a somewhat recent gaming pc, making it the superior version of the game.  However it felt like the few cut scenes that the game has were throttled to 30 fps for some reason.

I'm not trying to get all PC master race here it's just a simple fact, by all reports DS3 is a very good pc port. From has learned a lot since DS1.

They had to or Durante would embarrass them again. 

Best use of meme :p

My PS4 copy shipped today. Hurry up and turn the servers on Scamco.

My PS4 copy has arrived. Time to main on it whilst waiting on MS to reply to my GT letter complaint.

Pre-load is up on steam... and my GTX 970 died randomly last night just in time :cry:. Hope my old GTX 670 I had laying around is up to the task of playing it at a somewhat decent framerate until a replacement card arrives.

Online servers are up now!

From and Scamco really have to work on tidying up the XB1 copy. Right at the start the fog causes the XB1 version to chug a bit, PS4 copy is much better. They should at least be equal in terms of FPS considering the running resolution difference.

tumblr_o5tdhmtPq51u3zwxso1_540.jpg

That's actually pretty awesome picture. I would love to have that poster sized and framed but I have no idea where the original came from.

For the younger people out there it's styled like an old VHS cover. Some people might not know what those are anymore. :laugh:

Edit 1: I found it:

http://shop.spreadshirt.de/1045512/dark+souls+-+movie+poster+60x90-A106120447?department=5&productType=937&color=FFFFFF&appearance=1&size=29&view=1

Edit 2: Larger version:

http://imgur.com/QHf32mH

On 26/04/2016 at 4:56 PM, .Rob said:

Just started NG++ (messed up what I was trying to do in NG+ so rushed through to start my third playthrough)

Going after dat platinum heh. 

If that's the case I'd wait for the next patch or two (1.04 and 1.05). They're going to make it easier to trigger/complete some quest lines along with fixing bugs with them.

Not sure when those patches are due out or if they are already, though.

Edit: Patch notes.

From Official DS Facebook:
A new version and a new regulation version of Dark Souls III will be deployed on Thursday, April 28th.
The version update will require a downtime, which will happen at the following times :
PS4 – Mignight to 2am UK Time
XB1 – Midnight to 6am UK Time
PC – 7am to 9 am UK Time
The 1.04 version will include the following changes:
• Item collection during multiplayer while accessing NPC and Covenant Alter is now working as intended.
• Conditions for optional events is eased.
• Conditions to getConvent Name Spoiler: is eased.
• If they haven’t visited the Location Spoiler: , players will not be teleported there.
• Kicks cannot be parried.
• The Boss Name Spoiler: will appropriately re-appear even after he has warped.
• The Boss Name Spoiler: won’t die before the battle.
• NPC Spoiler: will no longer gesture unintendedly.
• NPC Story Spoiler: once conditions are met.
• If the player is equipped with a ring that increases Max HP, stats will now be properly reflected when opening the equipment screen.
• The voice chat icon will now be displayed properly under the covenant panel.
• Items, bonfire and the “Quit Game” option are now appropriately active even when disconnecting online.
• If the game disconnects during a multiplayer session, it will no longer crash and return to the title screen.
• Other issues causing crashes and returning to the title screen have been fixed.
• Adjustments of the balance of game, improvements of performance and various bug fixes. have been made.
The Regulation version 1.06 will not require any downtime and will include the following changes:
• The range of the matching level of the Blade of the Darkmoon and the Blue Sentinels have been adjusted.
• The efficiency of the following categories has been adjusted: Short Sword, Twinsword and Magic.
• Other game balance improvement and bug fixes.
Embrace the Darkness!

Edited by trag3dy
  • Like 1

On 4/27/2016 at 8:23 PM, Audioboxer said:

Going after dat platinum heh. 

3 more "Proof of Concord Kept" and i'll have the platinum. The drop rate is atrocious though

Quick question for the guys that have already played it, will there be a marketplace or somewhere along the way where I can drop off unnecessary loot? It's the first of the series I've bought (I briefly tried Dark Souls on PS3) and I don't want to heft around junk that I won't use.

Like I just said, first of the series that I've really sat down to play. Jesus! They don't treat you like a child here, do they?! :laugh:

EDIT: Ah, found what I was looking for. The first boss had me all riled up. :p

12 hours ago, Nick H. said:

Quick question for the guys that have already played it, will there be a marketplace or somewhere along the way where I can drop off unnecessary loot? It's the first of the series I've bought (I briefly tried Dark Souls on PS3) and I don't want to heft around junk that I won't use.

Like I just said, first of the series that I've really sat down to play. Jesus! They don't treat you like a child here, do they?! :laugh:

EDIT: Ah, found what I was looking for. The first boss had me all riled up. :p

You can sell loot to old lady sitting in the chair at Firelink.

• 2 months later...