They are sabotaging the pc to force people to use smartphone?

2 hours ago, cork1958 said:

The issue is all the brain dead kids out there now a days and the simple fact the only thing they know are the social media crap sites, period!

Kids are simply to stupid to know how to use a PC! 

Now that I think about it that makes sense. I've been just shocked and surprised how little some teenagers new about a pc / laptop when I was walking them through stuff over the phone.  Didn't know the version of Windows they were running, they needed help just finding the start button.. I can't remember what else, I was just shocked they were so young and new so little. 

1 hour ago, Eternal Tempest said:

Removing "productivity" from the equation, some people only do basic internet stuff. In the past you had to buy a PC.

With smart devices, this enables people that use basic internet stuff from not having to be on a computer.

When it comes to software bugs, their everywhere, even on phones.

Just look at IOS 9.3.1 where .1 was to fix crashing when clicking on a web link.

This is despite multiple public beta tests (and unknown internal tests).

Android has monthly security updates now (which not all phones are getting). 

I think your less likely to find bugs on smart devices, because developers can't be as lazy with the code far more quality control, with PC's, they can just patch it latter easier.

Computers are far more complex then a smart device. A single smart device OS is optimized to work with just that hardware / device.

A PC, could have hundreds to thousands different pieces of hardware that have to work together.

Video games, pre-hard drive era, the games had to work or face expensive recall / replacement program.

There was not "patching", they had to get it right the first time.

Now they can release a physical copy that doesn't even work until you download the patch at game launch.

no, not even, do not remove productivity, because it is precisely what I'm talking about this topic.
the smartphone has as the person thinking, but eat fast food on it.

good for people who just want to digest and do not want to stop to think and burn neurons creating something.

the problem is that people are already making use of PC to use smartphone ever more.
the facilities and convenience, the smartphone becomes addiction. and the PC to be more complex, poorly translated into other languages programs, software difficult to learn, not all learn to tinker with Linux, generally the PC is more complex, more work to learn.

already on your smartphone, it is given in the mouth already chewed. has the crab software that makes google search automatically, the person does not need to think, when a voice assistant thinking for her.

41 minutes ago, warwagon said:

Now that I think about it that makes sense. I've been just shocked and surprised how little some teenagers new about a pc / laptop when I was walking them through stuff over the phone.  Didn't know the version of Windows they were running, they needed help just finding the start button.. I can't remember what else, I was just shocked they were so young and new so little. 

more what the ###### is going on?!, people just use the windows, they do not even know move on linux and not even want to learn, they want everything in the little mouth smartphone crab.
They do not want to develop the pc, windows and linux. or so smartphone crab.

the smartphone is sabotaging the PCs.

pc in the program does not respond, the smartphone does not happen so.
two
the PC software and browsers give critical errors and close unintentionally, on your smartphone, it does not happen, do not close the software from scratch by unknown errors.

the smartphone things are all in the mouth, for just search on google, youtube, facebook.
people pleasing that, you have everything in the mouth chewed, popular sites have all known.
pcs is to better exploit the internet, which makes the smartphone leave much on young people just what happens on your smartphone.
only use facebook, and often uses facebook to see news and for all.
it's all accommodation and want things all ready-made, already chewed to give mouth.

I actually hate browsing the web on a smartphone, even with the bigger screen.   maybe if i have to look up something on imdb or a wiki or something i'll do it, but i'd rather wait until i get home to use my pc if i really want to use the web.  (like researching on amazon, here, whatever)

and, i think it's funny that top of the line smartphones cost more than pretty good laptops today!

• Like 3

the smartphone's poppin with PCs, not because they are more complex, but why are simpler. only use software and most popular site is very well translated, best-made programs, which has almost no critical errors. facebook, youtube and along with the crab is very addictive.
on the PC, things seem more complicated, but more details.
people end up opting for something more simple and easy, even if it is all in the mouth already chewed, ready to swallow.
the smartphone is running with PCS because of that, to be chewed.
and pcs are complex and updated programs are slow, cumbersome and full of deliberate critical errors.
not being fair competition, where only the smartphone is well made and translated programs, stable and error free.
It is not for nothing that sometimes have to use older versions, ugly, but more stable! or several different programs to do one thing.
while on the phone when going to a job, you have a program that is well done and not of critical errors, such as in windows.

26 minutes ago, Buttus said:

I actually hate browsing the web on a smartphone, even with the bigger screen.   maybe if i have to look up something on imdb or a wiki or something i'll do it, but i'd rather wait until i get home to use my pc if i really want to use the web.  (like researching on amazon, here, whatever)

and, i think it's funny that top of the line smartphones cost more than pretty good laptops today!

for being bad at something, but still only see people using smartphone and increasingly replacing PCs for him.

2 hours ago, kifirefox said:

...snipped a whole load of gibberish

Mouths? Crabs? Fast Food? Chewing? Dude, what?

Look, if you want to argue some ridiculous conspiracy theory on here, at least do everyone a favour and learn some English, because right now you're just typing English words at random that have zero meaning when chained together.  You might as well be speaking Martian.

1 hour ago, FloatingFatMan said:

Mouths? Crabs? Fast Food? Chewing? Dude, what?

Look, if you want to argue some ridiculous conspiracy theory on here, at least do everyone a favour and learn some English, because right now you're just typing English words at random that have zero meaning when chained together.  You might as well be speaking Martian.

when you see more people use smartphone and throwing away their pcs, then do not say you were not warned.

1 minute ago, kifirefox said:

when you see more people use smartphone and throwing away their pcs, then do not say you were not warned.

And? That's just a consequence of ease of use.  Most people have no need or desire for a full on desktop PC. For them, just a little bit of minor browsing, some email, and maybe a casual game or two is more than enough. This is the demographic targetted by smartphones. PC users are still just as prevalent, and PC software is still just as good as it ever was. No one is sabotaging anything, no matter what you might think.

The ONLY issue were seeing, is rank laziness on the part of games publishers as they know they can just patch it later.  The application world is another matter entirely, and I'd know, seeing as I've been a professional app developer for the last 20 years.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Active. said:

s.thumb.jpg.4947d724ef487265e666aa1d3dfd

11v38y.jpg

zombie or alienation?

Smartphone%2BCelular%2BZumbi%2BCritica%2

And it seems even worse.
He is leaving to talk to real people to talk to a voice assistant that is not human.
this device is only alienating people, the pc you have more option to be less alienated.

Even those that can't afford a PC and high speed Internet access are able to acquire a cell phone with access to the internet. it's a good thing actually.

The problem with the PC is, despite the ridiculous power available on desktops, software hasn't innovated using it. With DX12 MS is just now trying to take advantage of multiple cores in a way that is meaningful to consumers.

Thanks to how poorly MS implemented Modern Apps and their limitations, desktop software hasn't really evolved or innovated. We'll see what UWP brings, but most phone apps on iOS and Android are more functional and full featured than Modern Apps.

TBH, UWP apps running on Xbox One might lead to more software innovation than the PC. We'll see ...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MorganX said:

Even those that can't afford a PC and high speed Internet access are able to acquire a cell phone with access to the internet. it's a good thing actually.

The problem with the PC is, despite the ridiculous power available on desktops, software hasn't innovated using it. With DX12 MS is just now trying to take advantage of multiple cores in a way that is meaningful to consumers.

Thanks to how poorly MS implemented Modern Apps and their limitations, desktop software hasn't really evolved or innovated. We'll see what UWP brings, but most phone apps on iOS and Android are more functional and full featured than Modern Apps.

TBH, UWP apps running on Xbox One might lead to more software innovation than the PC. We'll see ...

He spoke the words I wanted.

PC software, it seems they are obsolete.

They are just more beautiful and heavy, but inside are full of errors, critical errors. They were not designed to work with more than one core, that is, you do not take advantage of the hardware that the PC offers have.

absence of software innovation also. and not software visually beautiful makeup and trick.

It seems that the PC software has not evolved.
  and smartphone software, possibly drawing the attention of PC users, it seems that the smartphone is easier for the software is very well done.

the siri seems to be a real person, he ends up drawing attention.

Edited by kifirefox

16 minutes ago, kifirefox said:

He spoke the words I wanted.

PC software, it seems they are obsolete.

They are just more beautiful and heavy, but inside are full of errors, critical errors. They were not designed to work with more than one core, that is, you do not take advantage of the hardware that the PC offers have.

absence of software innovation also. and not software visually beautiful makeup and trick.

It seems that the PC software has not evolved.
  and smartphone software, possibly drawing the attention of PC users, it seems that the smartphone is easier for the software is very well done.

the siri seems to be a real person, he ends up drawing attention.

You really don't know what you are talking about. 

This is actually a very good point you're making but I wouldn't put it that way. I see the smartphone preference over PCs as a result of the overall dumbing down of society by mainstream media. The status quo today says that you must participate in these overhyped online activities like snapchating and having a smartphone is obviously a requisite. 

On a less arcane level, there is a big economical factor: people are "supposed" to upgrade their phones every 2 years or less, compared to PCs who have an average lifetime of 10 years or so. Smartphones are also a very fast route for selling apps and other useless items that people wouldn't be as comfortable buying on PCs because they think smartphones are safer and more personal. The economy and particularly big companies need smartphones because they are proven endless sources of income, at least until something new takes over.

8 hours ago, adrynalyne said:

You really don't know what you are talking about. 

Yes please. then tell me. explain

7 hours ago, MeowPurr said:

This is actually a very good point you're making but I wouldn't put it that way. I see the smartphone preference over PCs as a result of the overall dumbing down of society by mainstream media. The status quo today says that you must participate in these overhyped online activities like snapchating and having a smartphone is obviously a requisite. 

On a less arcane level, there is a big economical factor: people are "supposed" to upgrade their phones every 2 years or less, compared to PCs who have an average lifetime of 10 years or so. Smartphones are also a very fast route for selling apps and other useless items that people wouldn't be as comfortable buying on PCs because they think smartphones are safer and more personal. The economy and particularly big companies need smartphones because they are proven endless sources of income, at least until something new takes over.

people exchanged PC software to chat and use smartphone. does not have good PC software to talk to, is obsolete facebook, skype, etc.

who told you that pc 10 years? It depends if the person does not want to be updated on the PC as well. because every year there is a new model, new version, version 2, 3, etc.

smartphone programs are much better made. and put a voice assistant was easier to stir in smatphone more comodo, leaves more accommodated person, as PC software are more complex and difficult to move.

a human voice of a woman or man, is a great idea, they did in a way that holds people, doing their best friend, be a smartphone.

24 minutes ago, Authentic X said:

People are becoming too stupid to use a PC, so they stick to their toy phones.

I disagree.  People are just accessing information through an alternative method.  At work, they are probably using Windows + Office + whatever program their company uses .. and they are getting work done.  The smartphone is a simple means to access information quickly ... it doesn't have a bearing on their intelligence or make them "stupid" using a computer. 

Now, one can possibly argue that the overabundance of information (or its easy access) on the web may lead to a decline in high-order cognitive processes.  Why do I have figure out this problem .... I can just Google it?   In other words, the internet makes access to information easy but retaining that information could (arguably) be harder.  But that isn't a PC or Smartphone problem ... that is just because of vast amount of information on the interwebz.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kifirefox said:

smartphone programs are much better made. and put a voice assistant was easier to stir in smatphone more comodo, leaves more accommodated person

A pretty UI does not mean it's a better made program, it's means it's a program written for complete software novices to use.

And you think a voice assistant is the bees knees? Voice assistants have been around on the PC for years. I had one 20 years ago ffs! Sure it wasn't very good, but technology has moved on and improved.  Also, I know of -nobody- who uses the things, because seriously, outside of commercials, no one wants to look like a bloody idiot talking to their phone.  Also, their accuracy seriously sucks still.

2 hours ago, kifirefox said:

Yes please. then tell me. explain

He doesn't have to. You're the one making the claims here, it's down to you to prove them. So far, you haven't even attempted to offer any evidence, just your mostly incoherent ramblings.

• Like 2

Well, you've just wasted 2 pages talking to a guy who admitted in the very beginning he knew nothing.

On 4/1/2016 at 8:09 PM, kifirefox said:

They are sabotaging the pc to force people to use smartphone?

it's just a question, I do not know what's going well.

11 minutes ago, FloatingFatMan said:

He doesn't have to. You're the one making the claims here, it's down to you to prove them. So far, you haven't even attempted to offer any evidence, just your mostly incoherent ramblings.

Problem is he came here to ask a question, instead he got provoked and trolled for his poor English skills. So mature of all of you!

• Like 2